14th templar ranked 203 balance?

"
KoTao wrote:

And while roa generally isnt as fast as st in docks, its certainly safer. Trying to train huge packs of undying and wraiths with sub 500 life can get a bit hectic.

The entire point of roa is to pull giant packs and more or less get in the middle of them to make use of point blank. Roa, the way it should be played, is probably just a bit more safe than leap slam.

In fact, I'm having a hard time thinking of what would be safer than ST, and yet still somewhat race viable.
Last edited by boof on Feb 20, 2014, 12:07:17 AM
"
boof wrote:
The entire point of roa is to pull giant packs and more or less get in the middle of them to make use of point blank. Roa, the way it should be played, is probably just a bit more safe than leap slam.

In fact, I'm having a hard time thinking of what would be safer than ST, and yet still somewhat race viable.

Ive always found that if you have a strong bow by sarn/docks, you can kill fast enough without that sort of risk, and if you dont have said bow by then, youre probably not winning anyway. Though i suppose the whetstone recipe changes this, since we wouldnt randomly get stuck with white bows anymore.

I still wouldnt want to be running a point blank build in turbo/ancestral/multiproj etc events though (no idea if people did this to begin with; i certainly didnt).

Edit: Safer than roa/st? Forked split arrow, nothing safer than offscreening everything. Plenty viable in turbo+mod events, or in standard events long as you dont expect to win.
IGN: KoTao
Last edited by KoTao on Feb 20, 2014, 12:22:43 AM
"
boof wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:

And while roa generally isnt as fast as st in docks, its certainly safer. Trying to train huge packs of undying and wraiths with sub 500 life can get a bit hectic.

I always did. Turbo is all the more reason to run point blank. Imo if you aren't using point blank, then I don't understand why you'd run roa and not lmp LA.
"
boof wrote:
"
boof wrote:
"
KoTao wrote:

I always did. Turbo is all the more reason to run point blank. Imo if you aren't using point blank, then I don't understand why you'd run roa and not lmp LA.

Point blank this hoe..

http://www.twitch.tv/terrex7/c/3755032
"
KoTao wrote:

Edit: Safer than roa/st? Forked split arrow, nothing safer than offscreening everything. Plenty viable in turbo+mod events, or in standard events long as you dont expect to win.

That's why I said race viable... lol
Only place where split arrow is viable with actual competition is blamt or lethal, but in both of those you typically use both skills.
Last edited by boof on Feb 20, 2014, 12:27:37 AM
"
terrex wrote:

See? Standard path of exile bullshit. :p
"
boof wrote:

LA does the same annoying shit every projectile does, ie half the visible hits miss. I get enough of that with ST; a good part of the reason i like roa is because it just works (or did, until it lost its 100% hit rate, and its still way more reliable than any projectile based skill).
"
KoTao wrote:
"
boof wrote:

LA does the same annoying shit every projectile does, ie half the visible hits miss. I get enough of that with ST; a good part of the reason i like roa is because it just works (or did, until it lost its 100% hit rate, and its still way more reliable than any projectile based skill).

I like it too, but it also suffers from desync due to targeting. When you're clumping up a big pack, chances are not one of those monsters are where they appear to be. So when you start a volley into the pack, the monster you just hovered over might be in the back or at the edge, or not even there, resulting in the volley not catching most of the pack, or missing completely.
I used to get by this by shooting a volley without targeting, beside the pack, then while holding the mouse down, moving it over the pack. Not terribly efficient though.
This kind of desync can often put you in mortal danger, especially if you're playing point blank style, as you rely on stun to survive.
"
boof wrote:

That's why I said race viable... lol
Only place where split arrow is viable with actual competition is blamt or lethal, but in both of those you typically use both skills.

Viable in turbo+mod events since you absolutely wont die, and you can still progress at 80-90% of an roa/st builds speed. Guaranteed top 20 overall and a good chance at a consolation demi if all the other top in class with less safe builds die.

Cant say i really consider blamt/lethal etc competition, but i know what you mean.
"
boof wrote:

I like it too, but it also suffers from desync due to targeting. When you're clumping up a big pack, chances are not one of those monsters are where they appear to be. So when you start a volley into the pack, the monster you just hovered over might be in the back or at the edge, or not even there, resulting in the volley not catching most of the pack, or missing completely.
I used to get by this by shooting a volley without targeting, beside the pack, then while holding the mouse down, moving it over the pack. Not terribly efficient though.
This kind of desync can often put you in mortal danger, especially if you're playing point blank style, as you rely on stun to survive.

Yeah i know. This is why i dont race often or seriously anymore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info