After 1000 season points, suggestion.

"
boof wrote:
You should not make multiple characters in a league

Not, should not make multiple accounts in a season

That rule is there to prevent people from wasting their time making many characters in a single race event, as typically you only receive points for your highest character.

I believe he worded it incorrectly and it is meant to say accounts, especially since some race rules specifically state you are allowed to make as many characters as you want if you die.

Example being ELBLAMT where you do get points for every character that reaches a given level within the time limit.
"
Fatalflaw wrote:
"
boof wrote:
You should not make multiple characters in a league

Not, should not make multiple accounts in a season

That rule is there to prevent people from wasting their time making many characters in a single race event, as typically you only receive points for your highest character.

I believe he worded it incorrectly and it is meant to say accounts, especially since some race rules specifically state you are allowed to make as many characters as you want if you die.

Example being ELBLAMT where you do get points for every character that reaches a given level within the time limit.

I believe your brain wants to word it incorrectly so you can win an argument.
"
SlixSC wrote:
The current system, past a certain point (in this case 1000 points) just stops rewarding the players... period. A reward system that effectively punishes you for doing well/accumulating alot of points and offers you diminishing returns (or in this specific case no returns at all) is a bad reward system.

I don't think that's entirely true. The higher you place, the better your trophy engraving. I foolishly didn't know that at the time i got 1k points. Had i known, i certainly would have played more races to place higher, rather than completely stop.

"
Fatalflaw wrote:
"
Chris wrote:

You should not make multiple characters in a league to attempt to receive multiple level-threshold prizes.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/44360

That rule seems archaic to me. Specifically, since the advent of Descent, Endless Ledge, Descent: Champions. If you ever die, recreate, and don't delete all extra characters before the end of the race, you are breaking this rule. Who in their right mind would actively go through this process? Most racers don't even know the multiple intricacies involved and are breaking the rule repeatedly by default. GGG should just implement the rule in the code, or eliminate it entirely.

lol boof, your gifs are the best.

"
Fatalflaw wrote:
I believe he worded it incorrectly and it is meant to say accounts

It's definitely not mis-worded. GGG has always been ok with people using multiple accounts, it's their reasoning behind Stash Tab microtransactions not being pay-to-win.

"
Fatalflaw wrote:
especially since some race rules specifically state you are allowed to make as many characters as you want if you die.

Hm can you provide a link to a race that states this? I'm not sure i've ever seen a race that explicitly says that.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
Last edited by unsane on Dec 29, 2013, 6:23:24 AM
"
unsane wrote:

I don't think that's entirely true. The higher you place, the better your trophy engraving. I foolishly didn't know that at the time i got 1k points. Had i known, i certainly would have played more races to place higher, rather than completely stop.

Which really makes no difference. Wether my alt art demi says "#12 Season 5" or "#13 Season 5" makes absolutely 0 difference.

But like I already said, it has nothing to do with the point reward system. If only one person was playing the game that person could win first overall with just 1 point. So it's just simply not true when people argue that alternate art demis are an additional reward for reaching more than 1000 points. This season there were several players who reached 1000 points and didn't make top 20, so any extra points they got were effectively wasted for nothing.

People are conflating two different things here, one is the overall season ranking (which is 100% relative) and the other is the season reward system which is ( or should in theory be) progressive and "fixed".

#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 29, 2013, 6:32:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info