After 1000 season points, suggestion.

People who hit 1k points regularly enough to demand even more items do not deserve or need anything else. Make the choice between maintaining top spot or break the rules and run on a second account.

You can't make the argument that more rewards are needed because are exploiting the ability to run multiple accounts (which they are specifically not supposed to do).

"
Fatalflaw wrote:
do not deserve
break the rules
exploiting the ability to run multiple accounts
which they are specifically not supposed to do

I really like racing, and I enjoy it even more when there is a chance for rewards. Personally, It doesn't bother me that much that there are no rewards after 1000 points, but my motivation to play every race I can make certainly does decrease a bit after I hit 1000 points. I would definitely be happier if there were more rewards after 1000 points.

If GGG decides that they do want to offer prizes for achieving >1000 then I think Grindis suggestion is a good way of handling it. Like others have stated, it wouldn't completely eliminate the motivation of some racers to make 2nd + 3rd (or more) accounts when they would rather have 1 top tier reward and 3+ mid tier rewards than 2 top tier and 2 mid tier rewards. However it would better than than the current situation, and I think multiple accounts would be unnecessary in seasons when top tier rewards are really really awesome.

I think another good option is to offer micro transaction points for earning >1000 race season points. Even something like 1 micro transaction per 10 race season points accumulated past the 1000 point break would make me very happy.
Last edited by cobaIt on Dec 24, 2013, 11:14:37 PM

ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
"
Fatalflaw wrote:
People who hit 1k points regularly enough to demand even more items do not deserve or need anything else. Make the choice between maintaining top spot or break the rules and run on a second account.

You can't make the argument that more rewards are needed because are exploiting the ability to run multiple accounts (which they are specifically not supposed to do).

ign: aan_allein_daishan
"
Fatalflaw wrote:

Any reward system should be progressive, in other words the more points you have the better the rewards should be (in that sense, I don't think it should just be qualitative but also quantitative, but that's a seperate issue I guess).

The current system, past a certain point (in this case 1000 points) just stops rewarding the players... period. A reward system that effectively punishes you for doing well/accumulating alot of points and offers you diminishing returns (or in this specific case no returns at all) is a bad reward system.

Just to draw an analogy, Lionel Messi is arguably the best football player in the world, so he makes alot of money playing football, but it wouldn't make sense for his club to say "ok until you've scored 20 goals this season we will pay you your normal wage, but once you've scored your 21st goal we will stop paying you any money at all, not even minimum wage."

In what little pocket of the universe do you live in where punishing players for doing well is acceptable? In this universe we all live in, people get rewarded more for doing well not less.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Dec 25, 2013, 9:22:56 AM
"
Fatalflaw wrote:

There's no rule that states that.
"
Rithz wrote:
"
Fatalflaw wrote:

There's no rule that states that.

Well there is, though it doesn't seem to be enforced:

"
Chris wrote:

You should not make multiple characters in a league to attempt to receive multiple level-threshold prizes.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/44360

So, like I said, they don't want to add incentive to pile up season rewards. Lack of enforcement does not justify making it open season.

I think if you want to maintain your top spot, you should have to keep playing your single account. People who are just in it for the rewards will use multiple accounts at the cost of their overall standing.

If standing meant nothing at all there would be no point to this thread.
You should not make multiple characters in a league

Not, should not make multiple accounts in a season

That rule is there to prevent people from wasting their time making many characters in a single race event, as typically you only receive points for your highest character.

Bro what Chris said does not mean what you think it means.

"
I think if you want to maintain your top spot, you should have to keep playing your single account. People who are just in it for the rewards will use multiple accounts at the cost of their overall standing.

Again, because you don't seem to understand basic logic. The point rewards have nothing to do with the season rankings. If nobody was playing this game except for 1 person that 1 person could theoretically be first on the ladder with 0 points.

What people are talking about here is having an incentive in the reward system to keep playing the game after reaching 1000 points, season rankings are not part of that particular reward system.

It might be coincidentally the case that reaching 1000 points also secures you a top 20 spot on the ladder, but that need not necessarily be the case every season and it has nothing to do with the fact that there is no incentive in the reward system to keep playing the game once you've reached 1000 points. What qualitative difference does it make if I finish 10th overall or 15th overall? There is no added value to doing better really, which in and of itself is a huge problem. But again that's season rankings and has nothing... NOTHING.. do with the reward structure.

Is it so hard to understand?
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info