game unplayable, some notes on why.

very much agree on build diversity being nonexistent, its what happens when:
devs constantly balance endgame around the top performing builds damage and defense wise
make all uniques irrelevant bar those that drop from super endgame or are extremely rare
create endgame that forces a huge checklist of defensive layers on every build so only the most busted skills can pull the necessary damage after fulfilling the defenses checklist

so everyone ends up playing the same shit, even I with my always homebrew approach stumbled into firestorm of pelting for this league which ended up becoming one of top skills for the league

to add to that: I would literally not touch 90% of skills in this game because I know that to fix their damage/clear they will require so much opportunity slots which are limited on a character that it will be missing defenses in the end

of course everything can be offset by grinding 400 divines but thats a solution for very few people within a league time format

I for one dont know any tricks how to farm 10div per hour and if I can put in 25 hours per week at 1.5 div per hours it would require me over 10 weeks to bring a trash skill to endgame and that will get me to burn out way before I am done even if league is somehow is not dead at that point

so everything goes back to playing things that perform on a budget

such skills are very few and getting fewer cause ggg believes the game must be exactly this grindy and will eventually get around to nerfing every skill that somehow escapes their vision(tm) so far

I dont know, maybe I am missing some crucial piece of the puzzle, but from my current perspective things look very grim

^ +1
^-1 ^^-1

Build diversity is probably in its greatest state its ever been.

And i didnt read all of the OP but HOLY crap if you think the affliction spectres that came back are bad. Thats ....

thats an opinion.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Sep 6, 2024, 2:28:13 AM
"
Mashgesture wrote:
^-1 ^^-1

And i didnt read all of the OP but HOLY crap if you think the affliction spectres that came back are bad. Thats ....

thats an opinion.

You should always read the thread first less you make a statement that is uninformed.

I have more hours in raise spectre builds than a lot people will ever have in the game, I'm constantly giving feedback on them and even asking for them to be nerfed when they're OP.

So when i say stuff about spectre's its usually fairly on point when it comes to what the Facts are.

I don't want it overpowered and i don't want it underpowered.

-And just so you know, I've raised every single damned monster in this game except a small handful of stuff from Ancestor League because i missed that one and not only raised them but tested on a variety of gem setups and with various items and i do this every league when possible..

This old skelltingon will happily stand his ground against such a gentle breeze.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Sep 6, 2024, 2:51:48 AM
"
"
Mashgesture wrote:
^-1 ^^-1

thats an opinion.

You should always read the thread first less you make a statement that is uninformed.

I have more hours in raise spectre builds than a lot people will ever have in the game, I'm constantly giving feedback on them and even asking for them to be nerfed when they're OP.

So when i say stuff about spectre's its usually fairly on point when it comes to what the Facts are.

-And just so you know, I've raised every single damned monster in this game except a small handful of stuff from Ancestor League because i missed that one and not only raised them but tested on a variety of gem setups and with various items and i do this every league when possible..

Ill choose what to read when it comes to run on sentences and paragraphs of knowledge issues. The point I am addressing is directly what you are saying as well, it might help to read your OWN paragraphs before telling others to read yours.

heres why I didnt read your entire post, because after the first line, it just doesnt stop..:
Spoiler

Okay great grandstanding on your hours and then in the same breath saying bad things about the state of spectre play...

KNOWING Ghazzy has said nothing but positives about affliction corpses and their reintroduction....

And that person has and ENTIRE WEBSITE that breaks down what spectres are capable of, versus you... yea... ill take what Ghazzy has to say.

Not only that, but I also have used said Spectre's.

You're free to your own opinion, but man are you so wrong about spectres.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Sep 6, 2024, 3:05:33 AM
"
Mashgesture wrote:
"
"
Mashgesture wrote:
^-1 ^^-1

thats an opinion.

Ill choose what to read when it comes to run on sentences and paragraphs of knowledge issues. The point I am addressing is directly what you are saying as well, it might help to read your OWN paragraphs before telling others to read yours.

Okay great grandstanding on your hours and then in the same breath saying bad things about the state of spectre play...

KNOWING Ghazzy has said nothing but positives about affliction corpses and their reintroduction....

And that person has and ENTIRE WEBSITE that breaks down what spectres are capable of, versus you... yea... ill take what Ghazzy has to say.

Not only that, but I also have used said Spectre's.

You're free to your own opinion, but man are you so wrong about spectres.

Ok how am i wrong and do not just quote "ghazzy"

feel free to actually read the OP this time.

I made a number of specific points, Please address one of them.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Sep 6, 2024, 3:12:01 AM
"
"
Mashgesture wrote:
^-1 ^^-1

thats an opinion.

This old skelltingon will happily stand his ground against such a gentle breeze.

Just because you have a lot of experience with spectres, doesn't mean that your prefered balance point is "what the facts are" as you state.

Personal preference differ a lot, so try being a little humble in your proclaimations.

Speaking of, the game being "unplayable" is per your title is hyperbole; it is literally playable.
Been running PoE on a laptop for the last 4 years - yes my settings are set for performance not beauty, but that's a small concession for smooth gameplay.

As for class balance, GGG are (and needs to) make shifts in build power, this is good for the replayability of new leagues and seems to be very desired in general (melee, anyone?). So if you're up for trying a new build every league, you'll have a great time; but if you want to stick to one/a few builds forever, yes, you're gonna struggle. You may not like it, but I promise you others do (myself included).
Im not reading your entire OP, noone needs to, ... and honestly should. First your title is one of these sensational false, hyperbolic, statements so ... we can move on from that.

But you need to be more concise.

Your main point is in your first ... well, you're entire thing is a sentence. See above on my response.

But the first comma you said this:

"
New spectres are bad and lack needed insight as to how raise spectre is used as well as the baseline viability of them in any capacity as a main skill

They are "bad" is all you said here. You added words after sure, but nothing tangible, no data provided, no specfics, no references. Except only your personal take, and thousands of hours.

I respond with an EXPERT saying the opposite. He has videos, he has a website, he engages with the community. As well as PERSONAL usage of said spectres. And I can even REFERENCE builds that USE said Spectres that are good. Even pure spectre builds.

So congrats on the hours you played and struggles you have, but ... maybe the reason you are struggling with said spectres is not because they are bad, but because you dont know how to play them properly?
"
FalkenRaiding wrote:

Just because you have a lot of experience with spectres, doesn't mean that your prefered balance point is "what the facts are" as you state.

Personal preference differ a lot, so try being a little humble in your proclaimations.

Speaking of, the game being "unplayable" is per your title is hyperbole; it is literally playable.
Been running PoE on a laptop for the last 4 years - yes my settings are set for performance not beauty, but that's a small concession for smooth gameplay.

As for class balance, GGG are (and needs to) make shifts in build power, this is good for the replayability of new leagues and seems to be very desired in general (melee, anyone?). So if you're up for trying a new build every league, you'll have a great time; but if you want to stick to one/a few builds forever, yes, you're gonna struggle. You may not like it, but I promise you others do (myself included).

I will not apologize for defending my experience which doubt was casted upon using a streamers name to do as such, I have a lot of experience and i am proud of the time i have put into the skill.. i do not cater to only a single playstyle or method of achieving my endgame goals rather i am always trying different things and revisiting old haunts to see how they can be improved.

I ask as a human being for no more of this fruitless sidestepping, Please address any of the things i stated and offer constructive discussion if you disagree otherwise what are you doing here?

Literally what?
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Sep 6, 2024, 3:22:03 AM
"
Mashgesture wrote:
Im not reading your entire OP, noone needs to

If you did not read the OP, how can you comment on it?
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Sep 6, 2024, 3:24:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info