game unplayable, some notes on why.

I'll try to keep this simple, I've played a long time and seen the game change a lot, I don't like where its headed and its no longer a positive experience after 13,000 hours on steam alone im pretty done with the game.

-performance is unplayable almost literally in party play out of the box once you hit maps with any level of juice, i feel guilty for trying to organize group sessions anymore, Your game client cant even handle a normal blight in a high tier map in party play without crashing just about the whole party with quite a lot of regularity.

-performance is terrible and the MTX/etc graphics patches are making it unplayable even in solo play now and your patches which honestly haven't made the game look much better and took a lot of my field of view away only seemed to decrease my fps (because you're zooming us in further causing larger textures to have to be rendered) and then just overall the 20c BUMP in temps for absolutely no benefit, I used to actually hang out in town and chat with people but never again with where you're taking the game, like i can't because my gpu will melt.

-you're deleting builds from the game at an astonishing rate and im honestly tired of theory crafting fixes to problems that should not exist in the first place, Shroud of the lightless rework is a fine example of this, many builds used the 5link body armour as their main link setup and with that chase amulet you added (6link) but you removed the 5th link instead of making a design choice that would enable both one handed and two handed users to utilize this armor effectively seeing especially that most 2 handed builds use their weapon slot as their 6link and this is a non-issue for them literally and honestly you want people to complete endgame content in a janked out 5link? the vision!

-the rare item craze you've been on is really getting old as well, its nice that rares can compete in power with uniques but its gone so far that many uniques are worthless in the end-game because you have no systems to shore-up their stats for example: if a unique item has 90% increased minion damage but a rare can have say 144% increased minion damage then if you added a supplemental system such as runecrafting that would check a base items stats and then only allow you to enchant/craft up to an allowable global limit in this case 54% increased minion damage (with included rng of course) similar to how the crucible system could have worked and this would allow uniques and rares to sit on a somewhat even playing field in the endgame arena.

-New spectres are bad and lack needed insight as to how raise spectre is used as well as the baseline viability of them in any capacity as a main skill, they're too clunky and even if their dps is slightly higher than some others if they can't effectively use those skills (because their model is too large and only 2-3 of them can attack something at once) or they're getting stuck on each other for no reason because they are again.. too large and a lot of the buffs given to them are not great and don't work with endgame setups and honestly some of these monsters make absolutely zero sense coming from someone who has played raise spectre possibly more than most people will play the game and i've spent a fortune testing these things out, they are less effective than most trash mobs if not for them having a bit more HP. (the one you guys added that feeds off the summoners rage was a really nice addition though, many of these are with some modifications to make them viable build) if you wanna knock these things out of the park make them just like cluster jewels where they primarily roll small passives but can occasionally roll a noteable or two which could be an additional skill or a major buff/transformation to how it works similarily to how your reaper spectres work but would allow for them to be obtained WITHOUT that knock back effect they have or a Spider Matriarch that doesn't give me a wither buff or one that has decreased size... or INCREASED SIZE i mean to each their own but at least in that environment there's some potential for them to not only be made viable in the ever changing endgame but enable various builds as well.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 23, 2024, 12:55:02 AM
Last bumped on Sep 9, 2024, 10:43:53 AM
No replies here? If I wrote something like this, 4-5 elitists would've been on my ass in 3 minutes, lol.

"
-performance is terrible and the MTX/etc graphics patches are making it unplayable even in solo play now and your patches which honestly haven't made the game look much better and took a lot of my field of view away only seemed to decrease my fps (because you're zooming us in further causing larger textures to have to be rendered) and then just overall the 20c BUMP in temps for absolutely no benefit, I used to actually hang out in town and chat with people but never again with where you're taking the game, like i can't because my gpu will melt.

What are your pc specs? On my R5600X and RTX3060 performance is so-so, not great but not unplayable either.
Rares dominate uniques by miles
"
Echothesis wrote:
No replies here? If I wrote something like this, 4-5 elitists would've been on my ass in 3 minutes, lol.

"

What are your pc specs? On my R5600X and RTX3060 performance is so-so, not great but not unplayable either.

i have a 2060 super and i forget what model somewhat recent intel processor, way above spec from my last rig which had no issues with the game, cpu is fine, gpu is just running way hotter than it should be compared to whats being delivered, since the widescreen "fix" performance has taken such a massive hit.

I would really like to know what we have benefited from the change to widescreen in any way versus the performance hit it caused among other issues like it directly affecting the ability for minions even (Aggressive) minions to maintain their target while running around in a small boss arena where it never leaves the screen yet this was possible before the widescreen alterations and doesn't defy the new widescreen rules.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 23, 2024, 5:36:10 AM
Define "somewhat recent" Intel CPU. Also as a matter of fact, RTX 2060 is low end, even below a PS5.
"
Ulsarek wrote:
Define "somewhat recent" Intel CPU. Also as a matter of fact, RTX 2060 is low end, even below a PS5.

If this is "low spec" for PoE then they're in trouble at this pace.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 23, 2024, 5:45:30 AM
"
"
Ulsarek wrote:

If this is "low spec" for PoE then they're in trouble at this pace.
GPU released 5 years ago and even back then it was a lower end 1080p card at best. Pair that with a CPU from that era and it's no surprise that performance is shitting the bed. People think PoE is a old game and because it's graphics aren't groundbreaking it should be lightweight on top. Which is false, on a technical level it's a fairly modern and frequent updated game. Of course your half a decade old hardware won't cut it today like it did a couple years ago.
The gist of OP's arguments have a lot of merit, his/her personal PC specs notwithstanding. I'm on a very high end rig, and crowded town hubs filled with particle effects and MTX measurably drop my frame rate. I genuinely have better performance in blight ravaged maps than the Rogue's Harbor during peak hours.

And I don't have the answer here because it seems like there are not any perfect solutions: a lot of the people who buy some of the gaudier MTX don't have friends who play this game, and a big part of why they bought it was to show it off to random players in their parties or in town. Giving me the ability to hide their MTX, or turning it off automatically as some sort of dynamic culling option, would be unfair to those people because they are no longer getting the thing they paid for.

But clearly something needs to be done, because as OP has reasonably pointed out the effect other players' MTX can have on game performance is tremendous in highly dense content.
i replaced rtx2060S with rtx4070S and noticed a drastic drop in stuttering after zoning into a map. It hardly happens anymore. CPU is old ryzen5-3600, ram is 16GB-3600MHz so not anything high end. I play in 1440p resolution.

Obviously 3 regal harbingers in a delirium map will cause fps drops but in this kind of map any PC will be strained for resources.
Agreed on all counts. The game is so horribly optimized given its low standard of graphics. D4 gets a lot of hate in here and yet the performance there for the D4 graphical quality is waaaaaaaaaaay better on the same hardware.

I expect better performance in a game where the average endgame character looks like he has two pixels and is wearing an assortment of paper bags and grey/black blobs, while monster/boss packs have near zero contrast to point out their location and actions (attacks, projectiles, etc.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info