Path of Exile: Necropolis Teasers

I want to admit, that compared to Last Epoch/Torchlight/Diablo 4 current controller support in PoE is not that great. Need to relog to switch between KB+M to controller, poor aim assist, weird default binds, etc...

Cmon GGG! I like to play arpg on my PC with controller, but PoE is the only game that I play with KB+M. Current controller support needs a lot of improvements to be as comfortable as in other arpgs. I'm happy that you started to look into that direction and I hope that you would have a way better controller support in PoE 2, but right now, in PoE 1 - KB+M is obvious choice even for people who really like to play with controller like me.
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
Last edited by Anngrat on Mar 19, 2024, 5:52:38 AM
Left Click nerf dishonestly hidden as QOL.

-Mines nerfed - can't stand still to stack with numlock
-Bone Armor nerfed
-Vaal Haste nerfed
-All instant skills now take two sockets. -nerf

I guess the cheaters will be back with the piano macros. I thought GGG figured it out when they fixed flasks, but I guess not. It's disappointing.
Last edited by Gid_PathofExile on Mar 19, 2024, 6:03:38 AM
Nice. Now we need an additional support gem to do what we could do with left click... :/

...and still nothing about that fucking "always attack without moving" I have to enable on each skill each league for years now.
Last edited by Lyonnel on Mar 19, 2024, 6:08:42 AM
this teasers a super funny and sad at the same time....
"
muzein wrote:
The instant skill change is not as bad as everyone is making it out to be.

You can still bind instant skills to anything other than left click.

You do not need to add the support gem, or incur the cost multiplier or the added cooldown.

This change just literally states you can't bind move + a skill to the same bind which honestly, has been GGG's policy on macros anyway. 1 bind, 1 action. This has been on them to fix forever and now they've finally gotten around to it.

Aside from LMB, you have TWELVE other binds to map an instant skill to. Don't tell me you have 12 other things that must occupy those binds and you can't fit an instant in.

As someone who has played mana stacking builds for the last two leagues (aka 8 months, ugh), this play style is not the end of PoE. Mana stackers have had to bind arcane cloak on something other than LMB because its use is 100% strategic and you don't want to auto-cast it every time it's up.

Now everything else is in line with that. Which honestly, will have players using guard skills like molten shell at appropriate times, instead of potato-triggering on LMB.

Maybe take those supporter pack dollars and invest in a pedal you can hold down with your foot and bind your instants to it if this change is so unplayable.

My hot take on this:
Good take but maybe you remember what happened when they introduced "reactive flask" change? It was horrible and this feels no different because everything in this game can do you in at ANY moment at ANY given time either just getting off-screened or visual clarity is at 0% because of own/monster skill spam situations. PoE has no APPROPRIATE moments. Either your flasks/skills are up or you might end up dead the next second. Fix that first if you want to approve changes like this!

And 12 other things that must occupy? Let's see... Necromancer, socket starved, lot of skills+auras and my auras usually occupy the 2nd skillbar because if you die, activating them is a PAIN if you have to rotate a million auras and turn them on one by one. REMOVE AURAS!? Also goes for many other builds!

Maybe thats our next QoL :) (Automate Aura activation after death, problem solved, people have more skills to allocate)
"
ExiledOnCore wrote:
Vortex died for this ...

Vortex is not instant cast...
"
Shentorran wrote:

Maybe thats our next QoL :) (Automate Aura activation after death, problem solved, people have more skills to allocate)

Reenabling auras after death? That issue can be fixed if you play HC, you never die so they are never turned off :)
But more seriously, that would be a good change indeed. Dying is frustrating enough as it is even in SC, turning on a bunch of auras everytime is tedious.
Last edited by demon7310 on Mar 19, 2024, 6:19:51 AM
So GGG, you better be giving us the 6 socket system like in poe 2 or buffing alot of other things if you are taking away our LMB. People are just going to use the num lock trick or go back to piano macros to deal with this change which is a step in the WRONG DIRECTION.

This change doesn't make sense at all. Definitely NOT QOL at all and what about the skills like bone armor and focus? We can't use these new skill gems on them at all. Plus sacrificing a skill gem slot with a negative penalty on top of it?

Come on. You're better than this.
Last edited by slayerfum on Mar 19, 2024, 6:21:00 AM
Actually I was going to ask this for PoE2, if you can move with WASD, can you trigger 4 instant skills while moving too ? Now I got the answer thanks.
Even if you add this "QoL" gem, why remove left click functionality? Most ppl will just ignore this "amazing" change and bind their old left click skill to for example space button that will be on a second keybind bar and be pissed anyway cause this means you loose some time turn on auras after death or the usage of some other skill that you had there. Alternatively some one will come up with yet another 3rd party crap to enable it again. I can try to understand that it mayhelp controller players (altho I'm not sure how) but you just took away something from majority keyboard/mouse players. And, no, the new support doesnt help any one who used mines or one type of warcry builds (generals cry, ancestral cry or battlemages cry for example) and pro some more. You do remember this is not PoE2 with who knows how many sockets? I get that you may think adding another gem may help (altho mana multiplier/cooldown AND loose of socket if rather a lot for one damn skill) but ALSO remove left click functionality? Whats the exact reason to do just that? If u want to add another gem, ok but let as play as we want to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info