Account Moderation Update

"
ArtCrusade wrote:

I dunno if you ever participate in global chat but people had literally no incentive to being nice to others. Now there is actual repercussions to bad faith actors and I'm all for it.

There was already a repercussion system in place. This is going to chill, if not silence all normal discussion while letting bad faith actors weaponize the system.

Who do you think this is saving, and what do you think this is saving them from?
"
Iznuts wrote:
"
powner1985 wrote:
Should we change our Account names in advance? Im worried that powner could be offensive in near future.

And i need a list of trigger words and best Tipps to avoid mass reports.

Thanks ggg!

Edit: just Found a reddit thread with a guy being muted for 1 hour for writing
"Ouuuuuuuuf."

Thats still a triggerword , GGG?

yes i'm sure its the "Ouuuuuuuuf" and nothing else he said. reddit never lies, right? right? they never ever say anything else but "Ouuuuuuuuf" right....

Im not sure but there is also a 96hour ban for a guy explaining how to double corrupt. He explained it in all chat. Was his fault.

Another guy got a BiG 20 Minutes mute for saying antisemitism stuff.

U can See it on reddit. Just search for it.

The Mute system maybe not Optimal.
Last edited by powner1985 on Feb 14, 2024, 3:39:40 AM
While this sounds nice in theory, it will probably be highly abused in practice.

Most the mutes are handed out after reports. Now you give certain groups the power to mass report an individual and remove them from trade.

So yeah. Expect way more reports from now on. I hope your system can handle it and differentiate between legit and false reports.
"
powner1985 wrote:
"
Iznuts wrote:
"
powner1985 wrote:
Should we change our Account names in advance? Im worried that powner could be offensive in near future.

And i need a list of trigger words and best Tipps to avoid mass reports.

Thanks ggg!

Edit: just Found a reddit thread with a guy being muted for 1 hour for writing
"Ouuuuuuuuf."

Thats still a triggerword , GGG?

yes i'm sure its the "Ouuuuuuuuf" and nothing else he said. reddit never lies, right? right? they never ever say anything else but "Ouuuuuuuuf" right....

Im not sure but there is also a 96hour ban for a guy explaining how to double corrupt. He explained it in all chat. Was his fault.

Another guy got a BiG 20 Minutes mute for saying antisemitism stuff.

U can See it on reddit. Just search for it.

The Mute system maybe not Optimal.

ya i saw that and i agree that should have a have a perma account ban. while not optimal yes, at least this may start to clean up the utter shit that is global chat for the most part. all bans should be a temp 24 ban until reviewed by a person at that point they can decide if it should be removed or left in place. but lets not joke about it, people complaining about having a 6+ month ban have been saying stuff that should have them perma banned. people complaining about a year plus chat ban should 100% just have their account banned, they knew what they were doing... oh just fun and games.. nah just ban them.
Terrible and unnecessary change. The report and mute system barely works, a lot of unjust mutes, now people are just going to report out of spite and pretty much exclude you from participating in a league. Early league mute for trade players is going to be the end of the league for them. Please reconsider.
Please reconsider.

I've always been nice to other players, never had mutes.

BUT.

Couple of times I accidently posted wrong stuff via ctrl-V - like pob's, item links to import into poe craft, etc... So with the new rules I could get a trade mute/ban for this if somebody reports me? If this happens at league start, that would be a league over for me...
3.13 Was the best league ever!
3.18 Rest in peace my beloved recombinators, I'm gonna miss you...
Just here to also voice my disdain for this. Changes were announced, met with pushback and yet thy get rolled forward like nothing is happening.

Either the supposed "100% human" moderators aren't trained well, or it's simply not true and it's an automod handing out bans alongside human moderators - but in any case, people shouldn't get trade banned for mistyping (I'm referring to the recent case of mistyping "guy"). Hell, I didn't know some of the stuff people got banned for are even words, let alone slurs.

Then there is the issue of bans stacking. I got banned for some minutes some years ago for a Toucan, then a year before that for mistakenly selling a Master in global... any next mistake is just more dangerous, and the only solution is to ignore chat. Perhaps, if GGG needs a clean record, removing chat is easier altogether?
It's not like new players have enough guidance to even *know* that they could be doing something wrong.

Why are mentions of political topics getting banned even before reaching any kind of controversy yet HC Global 1 can freely tell people to go hang? There seem to be some rules, yet they are invisible and arbitrary. Even if the new, untested and flawed system should go live, there needs to be a mention of where the line lies.

Especially so with message reporting seeming to make a large difference; it's super easy to troll people into saying something that can be reported as offensive without context. It's already been happening in Global, and won't get better like this.

There are certainly kinds of behaviour one should get trade banned for (eg. racist names/messages and/or advertising in voided character names - although personally I think that's a case where the bans should be hardsher, eg. account bans, timed or not), but I firmly believe that rolling out trade bans shouldn't apply to all chat mutes. That's just... I don't know, just dumb?

RMT spam doesn't get banned nor filtered yet saying something stupid does get one a ban. Explaining a game mechanic in chat also can (wtf?). What's going on with that? Why are ex-Toucan praisers getting league-long bans now after years yet RMT advertising runs rampant?

The community needs moderation, not prison keepers. The easiest solution to this is not chatting in game and going away into more third party programs. Which kinda sucks because game-wise, GGG seems to be making great steps forward. Is the direction led by two different people?
-Disagreeing with decisions doesn't mean one can't support the game.-
This is extremely shortsighted on you guys' part and a very horrible change.

I don't think you people realise how many false reports will get filed, just out of spite because of this change.
Please reconsider this, it's a terrible decision.

You could just do nothing, and everything would be fine, yet you are insisting on this change for the worse, so please, do not.

As a general rule I do not communicate inside of games. PoE was one of the few where I would, and no I no longer will. It's absolutely ridiculous you can lose your ability to trade. The system is clearly flawed, as someone has already been banned (and un-banned) for explaining just for explaining how crafting works.

Literally just don't do this.
"
Kilqax wrote:
any next mistake is just more dangerous, and the only solution is to ignore chat. Perhaps, if GGG needs a clean record, removing chat is easier altogether?

I hope they don't end up doing this, but more and more often now we see free and open chat being omitted in games because they're afraid of what people might say. Or you get AI moderate voice chat like in Call of Duty. It's aggravating how locked down the internet is becoming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info