Account Moderation Update

"
BluTiger13 wrote:
Just got a 2 hour mute.

Before I evolve into 6 month status I'm out.

See you scrubs in poe2.
Uh oh, extended.
This totally won't ever be abused by malicious groups to manipulate the early trade league market by target flashmob reporting members of competing crafting guilds or competing streamers.

Never ever! Trust me on this. ;)

If you've played any online game in the last 2 decades, you've doubtless played a game that went all-in on "untouched by human hands" robo-moderation, and felt the sting of having an automated chat filter string letters together from the ends of one word and the beginning of another to discover a naughty word in some language you don't even know, and use it to ban you.

Or the times when you would whisper to a friend or even just accidentally type something in local chat while standing alone in your hideout, somewhere only YOU could read the text, and get a mute for advertising or harassment. If you accidentally c/p your regex to chat that only YOU will ever see, how does that = an infraction that implies, even perhaps presupposes, an audience?

Perhaps the only legit (?) outcome would be to drive all the casual socializing chit-chat out of dedicated working channels such as 820. If you're in 820, you will post only rotas and challenge sharing. If you want to socialize or flex your items or ask for/offer crafting advice or gamble cards, you take it elsewhere.
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
Food for thought, POE has dropped 10k online in the last 48 hours.

https://steamcharts.com/app/238960#48h
"
crunkatog wrote:
This totally won't ever be abused by malicious groups to manipulate the early trade league market by target flashmob reporting members of competing crafting guilds or competing streamers.

i 100% agree this is going to be abused by certain groups/people *big eye at tft here* where this could be used to block people from being able to advertise items that cut into the massive rmt market going on in this game. At this point i'm pretty sure if ggg actually banned groups/people engaged with rmt they'd lose a huge chunk of the player base. I remember an old wow rmt/bot video by one of the people involved that 35%+ if a not a a good chunk more of the wow active accounts would be banned. people like to talk about number or players on a new league but they forget that out of those accounts a large chunk are bots for rmt sites/groups.

this looks really bad on a company thus they try to obfuscate and hide it.

easy way to solve this is by requiring proof of ID that way people could be straight up banned forever from playing and would block companies from having bots since each account requires proof of id much like credit card companies do. sadly this would be a massive cut to ggg's income because all those accounts that are involved would no long be buying stash tabs. just think 1000 currency trade bots being banned that buy a new currency tab every month or two.

this is why wow for example has such a huge boting problem, even ffxiv does. they make more profit then losing 10000 bot accounts a month cost which should give you an idea of how much money these companies are making. the only true end to it is by banning buyers thus making not worth it for rmt companies.
This is so archaic and dumb. Very disappointed and I will be voting with my wallet.
"
hughsmaes wrote:
This is so archaic and dumb. Very disappointed and I will be voting with my wallet.
Uh oh, that's a 200 hour right there.
Im not certain but could the maybe Strict ingame Chat Regulation become the New Standard for this forum as well?
Very bad change, your automated muting system is a joke and gives a lot of false positives.

Also not having a way to improve ur account standing is bad, same for aplying the new buffed mutes counting past ones is another thing not fully though trough.

Big L
Last edited by Selfcontrol on Feb 14, 2024, 2:21:12 AM
Should we change our Account names in advance? Im worried that powner could be offensive in near future.

And i need a list of trigger words and best Tipps to avoid mass reports.

Thanks ggg!

Edit: just Found a reddit thread with a guy being muted for 1 hour for writing
"Ouuuuuuuuf."

Thats still a triggerword , GGG?
Last edited by powner1985 on Feb 14, 2024, 2:43:16 AM
"
powner1985 wrote:
Should we change our Account names in advance? Im worried that powner could be offensive in near future.

And i need a list of trigger words and best Tipps to avoid mass reports.

Thanks ggg!

Edit: just Found a reddit thread with a guy being muted for 1 hour for writing
"Ouuuuuuuuf."

Thats still a triggerword , GGG?

yes i'm sure its the "Ouuuuuuuuf" and nothing else he said. reddit never lies, right? right? they never ever say anything else but "Ouuuuuuuuf" right....

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info