"
Aynix wrote:
Devs philosophy was always to shake up meta from time to time.

And that's the problem, their philosophy is flawed and destructive. Instead of expanding the meta, they shrink it. It's completely backwards and unhealthy.

But whatever. We all know what GGG is at this point.
“If freedom of [censored] is taken away, then [censored] and [censored] we may be led, like [censored] to the [censored].” - George Washington
So instead of like 10mil shaper DPS most players will have like 5-6mil shaper DPS?

You're probably confused on what means "killing the build\skill".
It they'd be like "okay yeah RF is gonna get a 70% dmg nerf" - then yes
If it's like 20-35% - bro, just find a way to work around it, stop copy\pasting a ready build and create it yourself

I guarantee, after a few attempts - you'll love it
RF is actually buffed for people who didnt do +gems (i never did)

Because with some maths old RF is 5.5k base dmg with 10k hp new RF is 7k base dmg with 10k hp
"
Rippster wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
Devs philosophy was always to shake up meta from time to time.

And that's the problem, their philosophy is flawed and destructive. Instead of expanding the meta, they shrink it. It's completely backwards and unhealthy.

But whatever. We all know what GGG is at this point.

Please show me a source that shows such strategy is flawed. I can show you multiple sources that its actually most sucessful strategy for longevity of a game. PoE is not the only game that does that. League of Legends f.e. also never bothered with balancing and just shakes meta from time to time. 10 years later and its still one of most popular game that exists.
You know when PoE players get most hyped and cant wait for new league? YOu probably didnt geuss it, but its when they shake the meta.

They dont "shrink the meta". Just because they made your beloved build little worse menas jack shit. Even if they would kill 20 already existing builds, they still added way more new builds to the table. We are about to wintess biggest meta shake up since, potentially ever. The only typ of people who would be upset are people who play one build over and over and over again.
Last edited by Aynix on Dec 2, 2023, 2:40:33 PM
"

Feel bad for him, his dedication and years of work on RF website are all now deprecated because of thís unnecessary change to the skill.

He makes money via the website so it sure isn't much of a problem to "fix" aka update the website with a new guide for the new RF if he's so strongly dedicated towards the skill. It's part of his "work" after all but it sure is an easy way to ask for more money hoho. But sucks to be so heavily reliant on such a website for such a simple buid like rf I guess. Even with the changes the gear processes is pretty much straight forward but 95% of the RF players for sure need a "pog, huge" reaction of streamer xyz and guidance in order to realize how buffed RF is with the change.

"

Ah well, all those mirror crafted sceptres are worthless now. Doon cubyari is back from the dead as bis. Lmao.

Shocking.. not the first and last time of a meta change and large value swap of items. Hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Guild Leader of the OFFICIAL HCSSF Guild.

Guild Thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2679775/page/1
Last edited by Anscendant on Apr 25, 2024, 3:45:28 PM
"
Anscendant wrote:
"
shadowthedead wrote:
So instead of like 10mil shaper DPS most players will have like 5-6mil shaper DPS?

You're probably confused on what means "killing the build\skill".
It they'd be like "okay yeah RF is gonna get a 70% dmg nerf" - then yes
If it's like 20-35% - bro, just find a way to work around it, stop copy\pasting a ready build and create it yourself

I guarantee, after a few attempts - you'll love it

I created a LVL100 HCSSF min-maxed RF Chieftain in Ancestor League that could afk in (non-uber)Uber Elder and in any invitation. You can find it in my character list although it died. That build had LVL30+ RF and Fire Trap and that build lost upwards of 90% of its damage.

"
RF is actually buffed for people who didnt do +gems (i never did)

Because with some maths old RF is 5.5k base dmg with 10k hp new RF is 7k base dmg with 10k hp

This is likely true, yes. I have a guildmate who always used to play that type of RF Jugg. No min-maxing just stacking life, but that build capped out at around 150k DPS.

Firstly i want to say congrats on hitting 100 HCSSF, which is always a gigachad energy

But i have doubts that you lost like 90% of your dps
Guild Leader of the OFFICIAL HCSSF Guild.

Guild Thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2679775/page/1
Last edited by Anscendant on Apr 25, 2024, 3:45:20 PM
"
Anscendant wrote:
"
Firstly i want to say congrats on hitting 100 HCSSF, which is always a gigachad energy

But i have doubts that you lost like 90% of your dps

Thanks.

90% was my estimate and I checked it in PoB just now. My RF goes from LVL29 on a pseudo 5-link doing 683k to doing approximately 300k. I turned my RF into LVL17 to account for both the loss in gem levels and the 35% gain in life scaling. That is a net loss of more than 60%. RF gains a massive DPS increase at level 30. It would have gone from 683k to 788k just from one level and all it would have taken is me getting awakened burning damage. So in theory the net loss would be even more.

I think I calculated it correctly, but anyone is welcome to pob it to double check it using my character here: https://poe.ninja/builds/ancestorhcssf/character/Anscendant/Sunlight

And new alter-RF might have 1M DPS and be stronger than your previous ones. Why people love to jump to conclusion before having all needed information?
RF will still be very functional for those not changing anything... just focus a little more on fire trap.

its just less of a walking simulator build now, RF will still kill off most of the junk that runs into you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info