time for 20% death penalty

"
Nomancs wrote:
Also you don't want to cater to casuals because you end up with diablo 3. PoE got a name to live up to

That's why Dark Souls' reputation is of being a hard game and PoE's reputation is of being a second job. The first is a game, that albeit being actually hard, is satisfying and you actually want to play. The latter is hard for punishment's sake.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:
Also you don't want to cater to casuals because you end up with diablo 3. PoE got a name to live up to

That's why Dark Souls' reputation is of being a hard game and PoE's reputation is of being a second job. The first is a game, that albeit being actually hard, is satisfying and you actually want to play. The latter is hard for punishment's sake.

Thats why we play it!
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Oct 11, 2023, 10:00:43 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:
Also you don't want to cater to casuals because you end up with diablo 3.

Hate to break it to you but that train left the station 8 or 9 years ago. After starting out as a "hardcore game" GGG watered it down patch after patch for almost a decade gathering more and more casuals into their playerbase.

At this point the "hardcore players" it originally catered to are like 0,1% of the total playercount. Now if you are fine with kicking out the vast majority of the playerbase for your own selfishness then that's fine but i doubt GGG is going to do it. They'll try to at least pretend like they still care about those players while sneaking nerfs through the back door.

"
Nomancs wrote:
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

Thats why we play it!

You are aware that there are other "services" available if you seek punishment.. right?
SC Trade "pro's" claiming the game is too easy while avoiding all the harder modes.. classic
https://pobb.in/EWMDD_s0Goje - "uber viable".. just don't get hit!
"It survives a Ushaper slam. You just dont know how to use POB."
Said some "expert" about the POB above not realizing it's set to pinnacle.
Last edited by Baharoth15 on Oct 11, 2023, 10:28:19 AM
"
Baharoth15 wrote:

Hate to break it to you but that train left the station 8 or 9 years ago. After starting out as a "hardcore game" GGG watered it down patch after patch for almost a decade gathering more and more casuals into their playerbase.

At this point the "hardcore players" it originally catered to are like 0,1% of the total playercount. Now if you are fine with kicking out the vast majority of the playerbase for your own selfishness then that's fine but i doubt GGG is going to do it. They'll try to at least pretend like they still care about those players while sneaking nerfs through the back door.

[Removed by Support] Because I think majority in PoE like hard game, sure there are few diablo 3 enjoyers but they're like 0.01% (and yes, this is also "trust me bro" data). They seems to be aware that game need nerfs and restrictions on power creep - thus my feedback, that -20% exp is a perfect solution.

"
Baharoth15 wrote:
You are aware that there are other "services" available if you seek punishment.. right?

What are you even on about? I'm taking about playing PoE - a game that should be hard and challenging.

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Tai_GGG on Oct 11, 2023, 11:07:14 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:

What are you even on about? I'm taking about playing PoE - a game that should be hard and challenging.

Then i hate to break it to you that PoE has nothing to do with actual challenge, just mindless Grinding. Gear Games.

Also, i'm pretty sure the majority plays because of, despite GGGs best effort to ruin it, build variety. And as others alredy pointed out, increasing the xp lost will do jack shit.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

Then i hate to break it to you that PoE has nothing to do with actual challenge, just mindless Grinding. Gear Games.

Also, i'm pretty sure the majority plays because of, despite GGGs best effort to ruin it, build variety. And as others alredy pointed out, increasing the xp lost will do jack shit.

I beg to differ, I'm convinced it will be very healthy for the game, hopefully will push some players to learn more about game mechanics and building up defenses. If you only play standard, maybe thats only grind for you, but league is about getting better every time.

"
Nomancs wrote:
Because I think majority in PoE like hard game, sure there are few diablo 3 enjoyers but they're like 0.01% (and yes, this is also "trust me bro" data). They seems to be aware that game need nerfs and restrictions on power creep - thus my feedback, that -20% exp is a perfect solution

Wrong, they like having fun. 20% penalty won't make anything towards fun.

Yes, GGG is aware that there is overtuned stuff in the game, an they nerf stuff and slow down power creep via balancing stuff, where again 20% nerf is completely useless since it won't really do anything. Ppl will still be glass cannons.

It's not a solution, it's some whatever idea, to fix god knows what. True solution would be to cut half the players damage across the board here to slow the power creep or whatever. But that would also be whatever, which would again piss players.

Nothing is broken with the penalty so don't fix it.

Anyways, 0/1% of this to happen so whatever... :D Useless post.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Oct 11, 2023, 12:05:56 PM
I'm fairly sure you're wrong, they enjoy the game because it is harder than others, and it should be GGG goal to keep it hard as it used to be. 20% would a step in good direction, slow down exp while just gaming - we get level 96-98 without effort, just alch and go, that was less common years ago - I think it is about time to stop watering down difficulty and grind, restore the vision GGG had.

Last edited by Nomancs on Oct 11, 2023, 12:10:05 PM
"
Nomancs wrote:
I'm fairly sure you're wrong, they enjoy the game because it is harder than others, and it should be GGG goal to keep it hard as it used to be. 20% would a step in good direction, slow down exp while just gaming - we get level 96-98 without effort, just alch and go, that was less common years ago - I think it is about time to stop watering down difficulty and grind, restore the vision GGG had.

And as you can see, from your own post people don't really want that. They are fine with occasional nerfs, but you want now 20% penalty, then somebody will want to nerf defenses in half, then somebody will want to make campaign 10 times harder, then somebody will want to cut experience by god know how much. I mean if you can want something, why can't the others? And where will be the end? Let's make it so hard that there will be left 1% of population and destroy the game...

You might also be wrong on the vision of GGG, maybe that's exactly the vision they were striving for. So your 20% is pretty useless, and very very unpopular. Players have a say and they don't support your idea.

Once again, by this you will make more harm to players than good. Give it up mate, you tried but almost no one liked it, and it would be crazy to implement that when players said NO.

Anyways, I'll move on, waste of time and won't happen.
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Oct 11, 2023, 12:34:19 PM
Well, I asked friends ingame and most of them had different opinion than you - also, some people here also are ok with it - not ok with it are mostly people who have problems with the game and ask to make it easier, complain about everything, or ask to copy solutions from d3 - they don't seems to be the target audience if they complain about grind or game being too hard. They even ask to get things for free because (sic!) "they have no time to play" - would you believe that? That is for sure not the target audience.

If 20% exp penalty would encourage even few people to learn more about defenses and investigate why they died, rather than running on forum and complaining how unjust the game they don't understand is - I would consider it as a success. It is definitely worth implementing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info