time for 20% death penalty

"
Toforto wrote:
Just delete it the game would be exactly the same(but better) without it.

Not against that idea at all. Could keep it and change the wording to only affect gems instead, maybe even at a higher value. Would still be good.

And I'd still ask for higher XP penalty, because xp/hour only went up over the past leagues but the total XP for 100 remained the same. 100 should be an achievement, not a mundane sidequest
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Toforto wrote:
Just delete it the game would be exactly the same(but better) without it.

Not against that idea at all. Could keep it and change the wording to only affect gems instead, maybe even at a higher value. Would still be good.

And I'd still ask for higher XP penalty, because xp/hour only went up over the past leagues but the total XP for 100 remained the same. 100 should be an achievement, not a mundane sidequest
It is an achievement. You achieve it. It is also always going to be a mundane sidequest: because it’s not a requirement; because it’s just the same bar going up, again, for the 99th time; because the way to achieve it is literally “just keep playing the game”. Experience point accrual is about as mundane as anything in the game can get.

It makes sense to want interesting sidequests , but that would be achieved by GGG implementing some more interesting sidequests. This will never be that.
"
It is an achievement. You achieve it. It is also always going to be a mundane sidequest: because it’s not a requirement; because it’s just the same bar going up, again, for the 99th time; because the way to achieve it is literally “just keep playing the game”. Experience point accrual is about as mundane as anything in the game can get.

It makes sense to want interesting sidequests , but that would be achieved by GGG implementing some more interesting sidequests. This will never be that.

Respectfully, you missed the mark with that one. There's a difference between something being a casual 30 maps to go from 99 to 100 and having to actually dedicate yourself to the challenge.

I remember my first time hitting level 100 back in Delirium league and what a thrill that was. Now, with so much more XP/hour it just doesn't feel the same.

And even if you disagree with 100 being a worthwhile achievement, let's go back to the other part of my post you gleefully overlooked:

"
Could keep it (Domination Scarab of Teaching) and change the wording to only affect gems instead, maybe even at a higher value. Would still be good
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Respectfully, you missed the mark with that one. There's a difference between something being a casual 30 maps to go from 99 to 100 and having to actually dedicate yourself to the challenge.

I remember my first time hitting level 100 back in Delirium league and what a thrill that was. Now, with so much more XP/hour it just doesn't feel the same.
Respectfully, the “mark” I aim for is not your agreement. I’m not here to change your mind, that would be silly.

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
And even if you disagree with 100 being a worthwhile achievement, let's go back to the other part of my post you gleefully overlooked:

"
Could keep it (Domination Scarab of Teaching) and change the wording to only affect gems instead, maybe even at a higher value. Would still be good
Weirdly defensive faux-mindreading going on here. I didn’t “gleefully overlook” anything, I just didn’t have anything to say about that bit. If disinterest is coming up as glee you may want to recalibrate your remote brain scanner.

Not really sure why you’re “going back to it” either given it seems you don’t want to add anything. I would recommend granting yourself the respect and security of acknowledging that there’s no need to repeat yourself.

Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on May 18, 2024, 6:55:05 PM
I said going back to it because I find it a worthy point of discussion since there was agreement that the scarab should be addressed, and since you were 'not interested' in it it would have gone under, so I highlighted it again (respectfully)
On the part I gleefully overlooked, though, I would at least say that it appears to me that the “it” that’s being referred to in the quote from Toforto’s post is not the scarab, but the penalty. That’s the subject of their preceding statements, and so the subject that “it” should inherit.
Last edited by GusTheCrocodile on May 16, 2024, 3:05:50 AM
"
On the part I gleefully overlooked, though, I would at least say that it appears to me that the “it” that’s being referred to in the quote from Toforto’s post is not the scarab, but the penalty. That’s the subject of their preceding statements, and so the subject that “it” should inherit.

Yep I was just talking about the exp penalty, since that's the name and theme of this whole thread anyway.
Also just saying, not everyone thinks it's a "thrill" to take 2 months to mindlessly grind to 100 doing the same thing over and over. Does anyone want to go back to the days of the degenerate farming of T16 Strand with elder/shaper influence being opened 20x in multiple instances of Solaris Temple lvl2 because of the map device there? And running through with your Spark Inquisitor while you're falling asleep until you reach 100? That's not an achievement, that's just a boring grind. This scarab not only made it doable in a fair amount of time while getting nice rewards like The Fortunate and some breach splinters/tainted currency but also made it more realistic for even casuals to attempt 100, or 98 or 99. Now getting to those high levels on any build isn't that much of a chore if you want those extra points for something on your tree.
^

I'd rather go back to when nobody bothered with 100 except for the most dedicated/devoted to one character players

back when it took 2 months in strand a vast majority never bothered which reserved its status as an endurance goal few could meet - in its current form they should either standardise it and remove the remaining grind or restore its status as a largely pointless objective most won't do.

Its current state of irrelevant if you take certain routes just doesn't work for me, its become more of a noob tax than anything else.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
^

I'd rather go back to when nobody bothered with 100 except for the most dedicated/devoted to one character players

back when it took 2 months in strand a vast majority never bothered which reserved its status as an endurance goal few could meet - in its current form they should either standardise it and remove the remaining grind or restore its status as a largely pointless objective most won't do.

Agree, they should adjust the xp curve to the current insane xp gain.
It was much more a achievement while map sustain and power creep wasn't that crazy and also while things like 5 way, exp scarabs and so on didn't exist.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info