3.22.1 Patch Preview

Hot damn nice <3
"For we are not now that strength, which in old days moved Earth and Heaven. That which we are, we are; one equal strength of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will: to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield." - Ulysses, Tennyson
Would love to see some love towards Spectres , maybe some Ancestors ?
Where are the catch-up mechanics? I've been waiting two weeks for this. After reaching 1.8k with the starter, do I have to waste my time by gaining hundreds of ratings from 0 with my new character? Heist, harvest, sanctum, etc were not like that. Also, where is the rank option? Not to mention the 5-second channeling time since the enemy units are 10x stronger than ours.
You've published a patch note that says a lot, but it's empty for anyone who understands.
Also, where is the box? :D
When ppl get more reward from Sanctum than ToTA, GGG should re-think in how to balance ToTA.

Sanctum have high risk of failing a run and much more punishing as you have no 2nd chance like ToTA, but you have 100% player agency in determining winning condition, easier than ToTA, your build matters and the better your build the higher of success rate and clear-time, and with much better reward than ToTA.

ToTA gives you a 2nd chance if you lose a match, however it doesn't have lower risk of failing a run than Sanctum because player's agency isn't 100% in determining winning condition. I'd say about 85%, mostly because :

1) AI opponent and ally behavior. They can be manipulated to a certain degree, but they still can be stupid beyond education. Like fcking running straight toward Death Guide totem with the AoE still active and channel it.

2) Your opponent team comps, which can be stupidly stronger than yours in early matches when you don't have that much favor. I've met Kaom with 2 ravagers goliath, one with RF item at round 3. Kahuturoa with titanic shell in flank / defender position on round 2. And the Chaos chieftain one, with death guide and mystic prophet at round 3.

3) Enemy unit's stat scales like crazy to the point that its almost invalidate your build offensive and defensive stat at higher rank. Enemies have tons of HP and ES pool, and its starting to be counterproductive to kill enemies at higher rank. Which is actually acceptable since the primary winning condition is to destroy enemies totems, not to kill their units.

Utility skills, mobility and CC are prime tools to deal with enemy team, HOWEVER when you are faced with Titanic shell in flanker, then you are fucked. You have to kill titanic shell or focus destroy its totem ASAP when its in flanker position since it basically unstopable when channeling totem, and yet it has soooo much of HP both on its totem and as a unit. You try to burst down Titanic Shell which will take awhile, but then enemies units start to channel your others totem, so you left the Titanic Shell and defend your units totem, while the Titanic Shell slowly moving toward your units totem. You keep repeat this process until the turtle dead and quickly destroy its totem. Sometimes you have to kill the turtle first because there are too many disturbance such as spear fisher at defender or tidecaller, or when your ally wont focus the titanic shell totem.

Now imagine when you are facing Kahuturoa with his 3 screen-wide aoe slam , a goliath ravager that keep spamming cremation near you, a goliath of the night + firebreather that keep moving toward you (goliath of the night most likely will oneshot you with his auto), while trying to burst down a Titanic Shell or its totem in flanking position while having your other totems attacked. In like match 4 or 5, this Kahuturoa can also add in a spear dancer, which will stab you from 3 screen away.

It will be fine and fun experience to deal with that kind situation, if only the reward is adequate and your build actually able to tank hits and your dps matters to deal with a certain situation, like Titanic Shell in Flanker or defender position. But in higher rank, (Im only at 1070ish), its not. Its a stressful situation. Right now, compared to Sanctum or even other previous league mechanic, ToTA is not rewarding at all, considering the amount of time + efforts you need to give, the difficulty, compared to the reward that it offers.
Garf
completely neglected the Goliath and Ronko nerfs they promised last week but never delivered once again...
i cant play the game at all now, im getting an error that says something like "item class row" format cannot be read is it up to date. or something like that... first i couldnt play tota AT ALL since last week now i cant even play the game... great patch ggg ive reached out to support submitted bug reports etc and i cant even get acknowledged. idk why i keep buying supporter packs when your support is nonexistent
No addressing Kahuturoa's stupidly huge AOE and insta high damage slam combo while buffing some chieftains = it's intentional

No addressing Titanic Shell could buff their own totem = it's intentional

It could be fun league, now I don't know anymore.
great!
I'm sorry but this is one deranged take on patching the league, it made issues with the league worse and didn't address almost any of the QoL stuff that the league needed.

Buffing the chieftains is nonsensical. Past a certain difficulty most people were already being one shot. Forfeit shouldn't be behind our totem being destroyed and we should be able to choose the rank to play at. Turtle shouldn't protect all totems, etc etc. Like I know you only have 20 people or so on PoE1 but taking almost all the negative feedback on the league mechanic and doing basically the opposite makes no logical sense.

The mechanic isn't good as an actual autobattler and trying to remove the ways people go about it using their characters or builds because you seem to want it to be purely an autobattler isn't how you fix how bad of an autobattler it is, our units suck too bad to actually compete with the enemy units so making it harder for our character to participate makes no sense. Though the fact you almost instantly patched out the reverse knockback cheese a bit ago kinda speaks wonders. You'd rather people deal with horribly unbalanced fights where some units just ruin the fun of the mode than have people doing wacky builds to get through the mode.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info