Freeze-Disconect after 3.22.0b

"
mordecai1103 wrote:
Damn, it really saddens me to read this, I'm still at work and I was so hyped for the league start later this afternoon. I hope there's a fix coming soon.

Having to play without sound just so the game doesn't crash in 2023 is just embarrassing.

Doesn't help without sound.
Freezing and logout every 2-5min.
Same: constant freeze & dc… can’t progress the campaign.

PS5, wired ethernet 200mbps, connection stable from monitoring on pc. Washington DC server.
Same here, PS5, London server, wired connection FTTP 1GB. Freezes/lockup sometimes recovers but mostly disconnects.
Log back in and the same area/instance that caused the freeze starts to lock up again. Found starting a new instance of the problematic area helps. Have died quite a few times within the lock ups.

Super frustrating to try and play like this. Please investigate the issue.

Edit: I have tried disabling sound but didn’t seem to help. Just locked up 3 times in the town, once while just looking at the passive tree.
Last edited by Monkybunky on Aug 24, 2023, 2:40:38 PM
"
mordecai1103 wrote:
Damn, it really saddens me to read this, I'm still at work and I was so hyped for the league start later this afternoon. I hope there's a fix coming soon.

Having to play without sound just so the game doesn't crash in 2023 is just embarrassing.

What's even worse is that we dealt with terrible performance on PS4 and it took them leagues to fix. How the hell does a patch that run this bad get pushed out? no testing AT ALL? It's glaringly obvious as soon as you try to play that something is wrong.

It's embarrassing and quite frankly, a pathetic way to start a new league.
"
mordecai1103 wrote:
How the hell does a patch that run this bad get pushed out? no testing AT ALL? It's glaringly obvious as soon as you try to play that something is wrong.

No free resources for a sideproject(console) of a sideproject (poe1).

Last edited by mojzekinohokker on Aug 24, 2023, 9:55:34 AM
Game keeps crashing and freezing, and crashing and freezing some more. Nothing seems to be going on either, yet it sometimes will completely stall, with sound repeating.

For example, I move up to a strongbox, and the game stalls. But the strongbox is just sitting there, I haven't approached it to trigger it yet. So basically nothing on screen.

Very, very frustrating :(

This is on PS5, which worked almost flawlessly last league. Yet here I'm just done with Act 1, and the game has crashed like a mo-fo over and over.
Testing things here I realized that when the Ambient Sound Volume and the Music Volume are zeroed, the problems stop happening! Playing on PS5.

TURN DOWN AMBIENT SOUND VOLUME
TURN DOWN MUSIC VOLUME
Alan Leonardo Piovesan
"
"
mordecai1103 wrote:
How the hell does a patch that run this bad get pushed out? no testing AT ALL? It's glaringly obvious as soon as you try to play that something is wrong.

No free resources for a sideproject(console) of a sideproject (poe1).

Seems like it, unfortunately.
Unplayable.
Was not able to reach Piety without someone giving me the TP and absolute no chance to reach the end or normal lab.

If this is not fixed before the weekend I skip this league.
PS5 - Dallas

Stutter and freezes are almost constant. Reliquary was the worst zone for me with this.

Could someone at least update the known issues sections so it doesn't feel like we're shouting into the wind?

How on earth did this release like this?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info