ExileCon 2023 Announcements

poe 2 looks amazing, new league rewards looks great.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Really enjoying Exilecon guys!

That wacky PoE 1 panel at the end of the day was so good.
The two things I am not at all thrilled about are the gold coins and the level and/or boss resetting if you die.

First off, not having gold or coins as currency is one of the unique things that make PoE what it is. It's an obvious ploy to entice non-PoE ARPG players into checking out a Diablo clone by seeing something familiar in piles of gold dropping. I find it unappealing and believe it should be removed. It won't stop me from playing but it loses a lot of what makes PoE special when it comes to currency and trading.

As for the boss/level resetting if you die, this pretty much sucks and is a recipe for rage quitting more than anything else. I have no desire to get to the very end, almost kill the boss, then get one-shot and have to slog through everything all over again. It's tedious at best and is the one thing that will likely keep me from enjoying PoE 2.

Otherwise, the various new classes, skill gem rework, level design, the wide variety of new items, and what I've seen of the skill tree are really appealing. I don't know if they'll be enough to outweigh boss resets.

Guess I'll find out when the game releases (or if I get in to closed beta).

POE1 and D2 forever, they're perfect, complicated to do better. integrating the sanctuary league will be great in STD, I can't wait (player STD here !). Good game to all, full of love, peace and good loot. For those who will make the new league, good league in advance. Long live POE1 :)

POE2 is not for me as D3 and D4 have been, and that's enough for me but I hope POE2 it will find its public and be a success because GGG deserves it with this new proposal and ambitious game-play.
Last edited by fielaa on Jul 29, 2023, 2:30:45 PM
Too bad have to wait so much longer. :(
was SO devastated I missed the free wings (I was busy playing league of legends hahaha) but then I realised the new league looks great, I have PLENTY of other wings lol, and the future is bright for POE.
Reiterating one of my posts...
Some people in here seriously do not like logical thinking...
Disliking the way that PoE 2 ended up is one thing, and I feel sorry that those people will be left behind in PoE1, even if I will play PoE1 parallel to the second, BUT talking nonsense about things you do not even understand yet? That's just on another level.

Anyway.
2cents: Gold is a really good addition to the game, not that valuable currency was used to get good items, but replacing that with gold is a very good thing. Plus there's no reason to trade it.
Splitting the game was an actually good decision, because, for me personally, whenever I will feel nostalgic about PoE, I can just double click and play it.

The new classes feel amazing, and with a bit of gear tweaking it seems that you can get to about 70% of the ZOOM in PoE2 also, which is acceptable, you can start to see stuff. Great approach.
I believe that expecting a 7 figure number is quite realistic for it's launch.

Kepp up the good work GGG! Can't wait for what's in store for us today!

Enjoy ExileCon exiles!

PS: I suck at explaining so... just try to understand...
Nice!
PoE Mobile plssss :D
I feel so bad for all of the people who spent 5 grand on going to this thing, only to be told in the first 20 minutes the game is still maybe 18 months or more away and not even shown any real endgame footage.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info