ExileCon 2023 Announcements

"
darkenergy0 wrote:
you are pathetic guys, you cant understand why a game with 100 dedicated lovely dev, are kicking asses at multi billions game industry

One of GGG's founding dev's and another lead dev have both publicly quit GGG inside the last number of months. One left last year to join a mobile game studio. They've had pretty consistent staffing numbers for 5 years now without any significant growth at all and a good chunk of that is just customer service people processing MTX payments and casual art contractors they out-resource work too in China.

GGG are not some big or successful game company, nor is POE a game the level of success or popularity as anything from the Diablo franchise. POE usually sits so far down the steam gaming charts, wallpaper editing software and near decade old games have more concurrent players and playerbases than we do.

POE is OK for what it is as a sometimes entertaining side-game between seasons or leagues of entertaining big games out there, but don't embarrass yourself thinking we are anything remotely on the level of a Diablo game. That would be delusional beyond belief.

I mean after today's shambolic day at Exilecon, it's obvious GGG don't have any faith in POE2 themselves and they still consider POE1 all but abandonware.
The idea of separating PoE from PoE2
is VERY DISAPPOINTING
These are the years spent in this game, which you have changed drastically for the last 2 years, destroying what some players have been building for years :)))
I'm talking about itemization, mechanics, content and collecting supporter packs
The fact that this content will not be a cooperative game, despite your earlier assurances, further undermines the credibility of the entire GGG team.
Cant wait for those 36 ascendancy classes to get abandoned or being useless like PoE 1 or those 240 active skills get nerfed until no one plays them, like PoE 1.

And how about the poor laggy unoptimized 4 man multiplayer, expect your pc to explode with the new 6 man coop mode.

Remember, game will change but the poor direction WONT.

This post cant get censored.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
Where press kit?
This is looking massive :D
Not really happy with POE 1 and POE 2 being 2 different games... pretty much POE 2 will be ruthless like experience, no more blade vortex and explode chest, no more headhunter, no more true god-like experience. i hope iam wrong
"
Shakra wrote:
Sooo disapointed :(
For me POE2 = Ruthless2.0 (atm), but in fact ruthless is unplayable for 95%+ playerbase, so why doing this?

Before I saw some weird reaction of some collegues affected by corona... does same happens to GGG (no offence for real). But I don't see other way why its literally changed by 180 degree. We were waiting for huge POE1 update, that will evelove our beloved game... But now it looks like a new copy of diablo4.
All the promises have been turned upside down... And one of the biggest dispointments is GOLD (((

You 100% right. I'm sure POE2 like ruthless now is unplayable and not interesting for 95%+ current POE playerbase.
Now I don't wait for POE2, this is a dead game, like Diablo 3 and 4. Rest in peace POE2.
GGG, reworked ascendancies looks way worse then before. Not a good dynamics.
Last edited by darkliself5 on Jul 29, 2023, 8:08:34 AM
Guardian and Chieftain new ascendancies are literally trash in my opinion. Weakest asc classes stil even in next league if they wouldnt be reworked again
Bit of a bummer. The leagues in PoE have been rocky for the past 2 years, imo. Which is fine considering they've been working on PoE 2 for the past 4... Except now PoE 2 has to be extraordinarily good, and it doesn't look like that will be the case.
How does it take 4 years in development for them to finally realize and reveal that they can't actually combine the two games? Who asked for gold? How are both (now separate) games going to get time, love, and care when PoE leagues have clearly been phoned in since 2020?
Love the game and you guys probably don't care to read the forums since you'll make your decisions anyways. It seems like you've put too many pots in the kitchen and not enough cooks. PoE 2 Beta in 2024 and the real game in 2025 or beyond... I never wanted you guys to rush the development of PoE 2, but I also never thought you guys would let the base game fester like it has for the past 2 yrs. But I'm hoping that this league is good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info