Crucible FAQ

I'm going to try real hard to play but man GGG what's going on. Bring back 3.14 stop these garbo patches and fix spellslinger into a usable state. Each patch more and more people are getting angry even your faces of poe don't want to bother with ruthless. You're killing their income they can't afford to stream a boring slow and tedious game mode. You sold this game on build diversity and colorful explosion now we get nothing but boring def reservation and now stance dancing
"We want this event to represent the ultimate challenge in Path of Exile, which is to kill these two pinnacle bosses under the constraints of Hardcore, Solo Self-found and Ruthless simultaneously."

This isn't ultimate challenge thought, just ultimate tedium. And I was forth to lvl 90 in Ruthless with gold.

I know for sure that is is not actually more difficult, just more tedious.

You have to run a map 20 times more for the same return. The content isn't harder.
Last edited by Gid_PathofExile on Apr 3, 2023, 1:06:48 AM
"
jer1993 wrote:
So the new meta is gonna be holding a blood price in your inventory, swap it in before entering the boss room, and swap it back out for the fight :')

I mean it's an awesome mechanic to build around if you actually have to pay the helmet slot for it but having a gear swap to cull off 8% is gonna be pretty obnoxious to have that be the "correct" way to play the game.

That should probably be looked at so it heals the 8% back when you swap it out.

its not worth to swap, the time it takes to swap helmets the bosses are already dead anyways
"Ah, salutations my children... are you ready for your daily dose of smooth jazz?"
Exactly, it's easier to just swap for culling strike anyway and does the same thing. Unless you want to take advantage of both, it's your choice.
Alright let's dump all of my questions in one post. A few of these are ones I'm 99.95% certain of the answer to but you never know.

The most important one is the possibility of an economy-breaking bug if there is a "Item Vendors for an additional Mirror of Kalandra" ultra-rare outcome. If you have something like that, it really should be "If this item is not mirrored, it vendors for +1 mirror". Otherwise the first person to land a Gilded Fossil on one will have an infinite currency engine. "This item vendors for 19 mirror shards" would, however, be safe.

General Crucible

- Is defeating one Crucible encounter tied to a specific weapon/shield always enough to 'scout out' that item's tree, or will scouting require multiple Crucible encounters sometimes?
- Do the explicit mods present on an item at the time its Crucible tree is unveiled impact the tree in any manner?
- Do the implicit mods present on an item at the time its Crucible tree is unveiled impact the tree in any manner?
- Assuming the quality stat on an item is within normal limits (0-20%), at the time its Crucible tree is unveiled, does quality impact the tree in any manner?
- Assuming the quality stat on an item is outside normal limits (21%+), at the time its Crucible tree is unveiled, does quality impact the tree in any manner?

Core Currency and Crucible Trees

- Do core currency items that do not reforge an item modify Crucible trees (example, I have an awesome tree on an item, slam an Exalted Orb and get a disappointing new mod, does my tree remain?)
- Do core currency items that reforge an item (example, Chaos Orb) modify Crucible trees?
- Do Vaal Orbs krangle Crucible trees on applications where the Vaal Orb does not change the item's explicit mods?
- Do Vaal Orbs krangle Crucible trees when they brick the item (randomize its explicit mods, sockets and links)?
- If there is a "Item Vendors for an additional Mirror of Kalandra" ultra-rare outcome, have you thought of possible exploits were a player to mirror this item then vendor the mirrored copy, with or without Gilded Fossil involvement?
- Are essences, fossils and Harvest 'reforge' crafts treated the same as core currencies that reforge items?

Item Categories and Crucible Trees

- Can corrupted items that do not have a Crucible tree yet gain one?
- Can mirrored items that do not have a Crucible tree yet gain one?
- Can influenced items have or gain a Crucible tree?
- Can fractured items have or gain a Crucible tree?
- Can synthesized items have or gain a Crucible tree?
- Can enchanted items have or gain a Crucible tree?
- Can items with Abyssal sockets (usually forged with Hollow Fossils) have or gain a Crucible tree?
- If the answer to any of these is 'yes', is the tree that is generated impacted by the corrupted/mirrored/influenced/fractured/synth/enchanted/abyssy nature of the item?

Crucible Tree Merging

- Are there 'Can only appear on a merged tree' Crucible mod outcomes, similar to the Armor Recombinator "Socketed Gems Are Supported By Level 4 Empower" glove outcome?
- If the explicit mods on an item do influence Crucible trees, are there 'blocking' strategies to discover akin to Sentinel's advanced "Influence Blocking" recombinator strategy?
- Other than either both being unique or both being non-unique, how precise a match do two items need to be to be 'treemerged'? Same item class? Same item base type? Same rarity?

Metamods and Crucible Trees

- If I apply "Cannot Roll Attack Mods" on an item that does not yet have a Crucible tree, will this influence the Crucible tree when it is unveiled?
- Are Crucible mods considered prefixes or suffixes, or their own thing entirely? If I apply "Prefixes Cannot Change" on an item that does not yet have a Crucible tree, will this influence the Crucible tree when it is unveiled?

Exotic Currency and Currency Like Items and Crucible Trees
When discussing Awakener's Orbs, I will refer to the the item whose ilvl, base type and quality are kept, which is the second item clicked, as the 'recipient item'. I will refer to the first item clicked, whose modifications are lost, as the 'donor item'.

- Do Harvest crafts that Synthesize an item impact the item's Crucible tree?
- Does applying a Fracturing Orb impact an item's Crucible Tree?
- Does applying a Conqueror's Exalted Orb impact an item's Crucible Tree?
- Do Gilded Fossils function on items with Crucible trees that allow vendoring the item for additional rewards? If so, have abuse cases been considered?
- Do Tempering Orbs impact an item's Crucible tree?
- When an Awakener's Orb is applied and the recipient item has a Crucible tree, does the output item keep that tree? Or does it do something else?
- When an Awakener's Orb is applied and the recipient item has no Crucible tree, does the output item also have no tree, or does it take on the tree of the donor item?
- Does the Locus of Corruption (Alva's Krangle Box) interact with Crucible Trees in the same way as a Vaal Orb that gives reasonably similar outcomes?
- Weapon Recombinators (which only exist in Standard and permanent Hardcore now) appear choose a 'donor item' and a 'recipient item' randomly in a manner similar to but different to Awakener Orbs. If a Crucible Tree weapon is used as a Recombinator input, is there a chance the tree survives the Recombination process?
- If I create an imprint of an item using a Craicic Chimeral beast (or Eternal Orbs where they exist), then apply one or more "Crucible Tree Merges" using various donor items, can I revert to the earlier version of the item using the imprint?
- If I have a ridiculously awesome Crucible tree, can I use a Fenumral Plagued Arachnid ("split beast") or Fractured Fossil to "dupe" that tree once?
- If I have a lucrative "This item vendors for something amazing" Crucible mod, can I use a Fenumral Plagued Arachnid ("split beast") or Fractured Fossil to "dupe" that tree once?
Le Toucan Will Return
Hello,
Can we get more information on what Vaal Domination is please?
hmmmmmm
Loved endless heist, removing it is the reason for me to skip this league.
For all who are playing this league, have a lot of fun.
Will it be possible to, for example Right click the crucible passive node to release the maximum amount of monsters on the crucible altar? Channeling it hundreds of times would just feel like a chore in the end.
What does Momentum do? Please tell us.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info