Path of Exile: Crucible Teasers

"
TramVai wrote:
Chris Wilson betrayed Ruthless by adding dash and I'm disappointed

We had Ruthless beta in Sanctum. Few players beated some non-uber bosses. As I know nobody managed to kill ubers. This league most broken guard skill molten shell will be nerfed by 50%. This huge cd version of dash (that not let you bypass monsters or terrain) is definetely a good idea to make ubers beatable.

I also found this post: "According to poe ninja only 4636 characters were created in ssf hc ruthless last league and not a single caster build made it over 200k dps, and at that rate NO ONE killed an uber exarch or eater..."
Last edited by Alendert on Apr 6, 2023, 9:46:47 AM
"
muzein wrote:
"
TramVai wrote:

GGG making changes to please people who don't even play Ruthless anyway

On the other hand... It is not controversial to suggest that end-game bosses had their mechanics designed around the fact that movement skills are available to the player (Shaper slam comes to mind). It is entirely possible GGG wants players to reach their goals of killing uber bosses in ruthless but now realize that might not be possible without a movement ability.

That might also be an indication of the design flaw.
In Ruthless that can be overcomed with movement speed stacking.

*Danger, caps lock coming!
THERE ARE TOOLS FOR IT IN THE GAME.
That is not 'inclusive' I agree.
But uber content should not be designed for average Joe to beat it on MOM CI AGNOSTIC build. Especially in Ruthless mode.

If PoE is designed and will be designed to be non-stop-flicker-strike-like-action-movie then it's understandable.

But Chris mentioned several times in previous interviews that they want to slower the pace(even for core game).
Actually I remember reading that they are going to make changes in Ruthless based on what they think needs to be done without caring too much about reddit baby rage threads. Example - tackling minion OP-ness.

With this dash-adding to Ruthless I see one more time they bend to desires of loud vocal minority. But this time this minority doesn't even care for Ruthless. All they care is the prestige for being on top of leaderboard and farming youtube.

Content creators who claim to be 'hardcore' instead of welcoming challenge and evolve just start bitching about 'Oh no! I don't like Ruthless. They are forcing me to do X'.(Hi Zizzaran)

I wish that GGG just made the separate boss-kill-event for those "hipPITY-hopPITY Ruthless's now our property" guys who like to craft OP gear for 1 alc via 9999 craft options and call it hardcore. And that event will be done in week or two by these hardcore players who love challenge.

What a rant omg, salutes to you if you read it to the end and sorry for your wasted time xD
"
TramVai wrote:

With this dash-adding to Ruthless I see one more time they bend to desires of loud vocal minority. But this time this minority doesn't even care for Ruthless. All they care is the prestige for being on top of leaderboard and farming youtube.

I think they made this decision because it benefits the mode. Having a dash designed for avoiding'/escaping a boss mechanic or dangerous ground effect is the opposite of speeding up the game. It even takes away the need for as much MS as possible to avoid these things. Now you can "dash" backwards when it is pressuring and still walk around with 2 meters per minute if you wish to do so and still can deal with some mechanics.

I appreciate the new skill and I don't think it will change pace or playstyle of ruthless in any measurable way.
Last edited by R3b00t on Apr 6, 2023, 10:43:20 AM
"
Alendert wrote:
"
TramVai wrote:
Chris Wilson betrayed Ruthless by adding dash and I'm disappointed

We had Ruthless beta in Sanctum. Few players beated some non-uber bosses. As I know nobody managed to kill ubers. This league most broken guard skill molten shell will be nerfed by 50%. This huge cd version of dash (that not let you bypass monsters or terrain) is definetely a good idea to make ubers beatable.

Ubers are beatable.
Some would even say "killing ubers in ssf hardcore ruthless is not even hard, it's just time consuming"

Btw I enjoyed the Sanctum ruthless
*(the ruthless part, I ignored Sanctum. If I was a roguelike enjoyer I'd play roguelikes and not PoE)

In beta there was no incentive to play like cosmetics, mystery boxes or prizes. And it was awesome. You played only because you liked the experience.
The global chat was cleaner and greener than the grass from my childhood memories. <3 for you bois

I'm ok if the boss-kill-event was a failure and noone managed to kill both ubers in ssf hc ruthless. That would gave much more useful info for the game's future vision and design philosophy.

Or ubers would be beaten by someone like John Wick of games and the "Zizzaran's Cry" Woke skill gem would be added in Ruthless.

Now the killing ubers in ssf hc ruthless would be even less 'time consuming' and the winner could not be called a 'John Wick of Ruthless Path of Exile' in my opinion
"
R3b00t wrote:
"
TramVai wrote:

I appreciate the new skill and I don't think it will change pace or playstyle of ruthless in any measurable way.

This dash skill will be used by 99.9999999% of players and you know it.
It will be pressed almost every time when it's available during campaign by almost everyone.
You can think whatever you want, but in a few days you can go to poeninja and see the impact with your own eyes.

Then you can accept that you've failed to predict that or keep the rainbow glasses on and keep on surfing the kali yuga of ruthless

*No offence, it's just another opinion bout another opinion.
Peace, love, pancakes!
"
TramVai wrote:

It will be pressed almost every time when it's available during campaign by almost everyone.
You can think whatever you want, but in a few days you can go to poeninja and see the impact with your own eyes.

Then you can accept that you've failed to predict that or keep the rainbow glasses on and keep on surfing the kali yuga of ruthless

I didn't say nobody will use it. I absolutely will use it myself, as stated above. Still, a dash every 10 seconds over a few meters that cannot go through enemies or over ledges, won't make the game suddenly fast.
Last edited by R3b00t on Apr 6, 2023, 11:21:16 AM
"
R3b00t wrote:
"
TramVai wrote:

I didn't say nobody will use it. I absolutely will use it myself, as stated above. Still, a dash every 10 seconds over a few meters that cannot go through enemies or over ledges, won't make the game suddenly fast.

You can call that "tedious gameplay"
It doesn't make the game better.

Don't forget btw that hydrosphere and hookshot gems are available in ruthless for the uber-slam-avoiders. Ok ok it is clunky... but...
EVEN if you want to make a claim that this skill is only needed for uber bosses then why the hell u get it in the 1st lvl zone?

I mean can we have some integrity here?
Or you just trolling and me not paying attention?
"
TramVai wrote:

Don't forget btw that hydrosphere and hookshot gems are available in ruthless for the uber-slam-avoiders. Ok ok it is clunky... but...
EVEN if you want to make a claim that this skill is only needed for uber bosses then why the hell u get it in the 1st lvl zone?

I don't understand any of that. You are projecting. I didn't make any of those claims. I just posted my opinion about the gem not speeding up gameplay by a relevant amount. Maybe I am wrong, or maybe I am not. We will see in a day or two when I actually used the skill and can give feedback that isn't a theory.
"
TramVai wrote:

Ubers are beatable.

Until at least 1 player will beat them in rhcssf, you can't say that. And players already had 4 month to do that (without prize, but still).

Imagine dash will save you 0.5s of movement every 10s (since every1 try to get ms from boots and tree as much as possible), it's like 5% ms buff, huh? It's purely designed for fights vs bosses.

And about Chain Hook and Hydrosphere:
Cast Time: 0.60 sec
Attack Speed: 120% of base
For example Shaper slam Attack Time: 1.755 Second
So as you see if you are a real player you need some time to react and you left 1-1.5s to cast 2 skills combo, probably you will even need to swap your weapons for chain hook, since 1 of them is based on cast speed and the other on attack speed chances that you will actually manage to do this is 0, until you will use standart character to practice it many times. Don't forget that your dps would be so low that you will have to made this combo dodge like 30+ times, 1 time you fail you lost and have to grind some months to prepare character for uber fight again.
As you see not great option to dodge slam mechanics.
Last edited by Alendert on Apr 6, 2023, 12:15:46 PM
"
R3b00t wrote:
"
TramVai wrote:

I don't understand any of that. You are projecting. I didn't make any of those claims. I just posted my opinion about the gem not speeding up gameplay by a relevant amount. Maybe I am wrong, or maybe I am not. We will see in a day or two when I actually used the skill and can give feedback that isn't a theory.

Let's just agree to disagree my friend
*Dictator smile*

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info