Path of Exile: Crucible Teasers

"
Alendert wrote:
"
TramVai wrote:

Ubers are beatable.

Until at least 1 player will beat them in rhcssf, you can't say that. And players already had 4 month to do that (without prize, but still).

Imagine dash will save you 0.5s of movement every 10s (since every1 try to get ms from boots and tree as much as possible), it's like 5% ms buff, huh? It's purely designed for fights vs bosses.

I can and I did
If that can be done in core game it can be done in ruthless.
This is the same game. The toolkit is huge to compensate the lack of movement skills.

Time to get there is different topic. But the 3 month period would be enough for a motivated cyber athlete to get there.
If noone is showing for the competition then the reward is just considered too small and not worth the effort, that's it.

Imagine how fast that would be done if the prize was some huge pile of cash and not a ticket to a convention(with all respect to ggg)

You can continue saying that until it is done you can't say this or that. But I'd prefer counter arguments in ideal world
"
TramVai wrote:

I can and I did
If that can be done in core game it can be done in ruthless.

First as I see you play non hardcore only, while I discuss killing ubers in rhcssf.
Second in Ruthless you have 6 asc points instead of 8.
Third in Ruthless your exp gain past 68 is way lower, currently rhcssf max lvl is 95, so you should remove at least 5 passives from your tree.
Forth no movement skills even if make fight possible will force you sacrifice some dmg/sustain for extra ms.
Fifth character in Ruthless has way weaker items, cause bench craft is disabled, league mechanics and drop rates greatly nerfed.

Be realistic, league takes 3-4 months, if you need actually powerfarm 1 year to make ruthless character as strong as overgeared non ruthless character to kill uber it's totally not the same.
Last edited by Alendert on Apr 6, 2023, 12:27:16 PM
"
Alendert wrote:

Spoiler
"
Alendert wrote:

First as I see you play non hardcore only, while I discuss killing ubers in rhcssf.

argumentum ad hominem, not relevant

"
Alendert wrote:

Second in Ruthless you have 6 asc points instead of 8.

Valid argument - less power, can be compensated with gear and build choices

"
Alendert wrote:

Third in Ruthless your exp gain past 68 is way lower, currently rhcssf max lvl is 95, so you should remove at least 5 passives from your tree.

Valid argument - less power, can be compensated with gear and build choices. Your point is more about the "time to get there" part rather than "it is possible" part of the disagreement though

"
Alendert wrote:

Forth no movement skills even if make fight possible will force you sacrifice some dmg/sustain for extra ms.

"
Alendert wrote:

Fifth character in Ruthless has way weaker items, cause bench craft is disabled, league mechanics and drop rates greatly nerfed.

"
Alendert wrote:

Be realistic, league takes 3-4 months, if you need actually powerfarm 1 year to make ruthless character as strong as overgeared non ruthless character to kill uber it's totally not the same.

Being realistic both your and my estimates are imaginary and have no data to back em up.
I was not claiming it is the same
I was claiming it is possible
Personally I'm not going to die on this hill. If playing properly solo that might be not possible to get the gear for killing ubers in ssf within the time frame of 3 months due to rng.
However the process of acquiring gear can be parallel as a collective effort. Not saying it is not prohibited, I don't know. It's just a questionable technique which would inevitably be used if the prize was worth this. Not fair one, but what you gonna do when ggg can't verify it.
So even if your estimates are correct about 1 year of powerfarm - there is also a workaround for this.

Summarizing...
Basically you arguments are:
1 - less power
2 - time restraints

I still think that 'less power' can be beaten with op builds and good level of play
About the 'time restraints' I'm not so sure. I literally don't know, but it is mostly rng. Also it heavily depends on what items are required for uber killer build and how hard are they to get.
Collective power abuse can still be used as workaround for beating rng. I'm aware that it is not that 'solo' but that's what people do all the time - breaking the rules.

Thank you for the effort, I appreciate it <3
In some terms I agree with TramVai. Unfortunately GGG succumbed to this endless whining around Ruthless and added this damn travel skill, thereby making it much easier to kill Ubers. Before this, killing Ubers sounded much badass than after adding this skill.
I already thought that there would be godgamers who, with due luck and perseverance, could do this, but now, with travel skill, its obvious.

According to the general Ruthless changes, he will become a little easier. Yes Molten Shell was nerfed, but the Crucible league will give some buffs, so this Ruthless will probably be easier even without new travel skill.

It was necessary to ignore the whining and see what happens, and then after the league make some decisions, imo.
Last edited by Teret3 on Apr 6, 2023, 1:18:59 PM
"
TramVai wrote:

1 - less power
2 - time restraints

You can't compensate less power with "better gear" if you get much worse gear. And you won't get this "better gear" even theoretycaly because time restraints. Actually you need to find way how compensate worse gear AND less passives AND less ascendancy points AND no movement skills (spoiler: no way). OP builds? No caster builds with 200k+ dps. You think they could be tanky to facetank ubers? Of course they not. It's fact, proved by 4 months of gameplay and 4k+ characters in rhcssf. Not a general words. If you don't trust simply open rhcssf ladder and check top players - gear and builds. What the point say "they can" if they can't.
"
Alendert wrote:
"
TramVai wrote:

1 - less power
2 - time restraints

You can't compensate less power with "better gear" if you get much worse gear. And you won't get this "better gear" even theoretycaly because time restraints. Actually you need to find way how compensate worse gear AND less passives AND less ascendancy points AND no movement skills (spoiler: no way). OP builds? No caster builds with 200k+ dps. You think they could be tanky to facetank ubers? Of course they not. It's fact, proved by 4 months of gameplay and 4k+ characters in rhcssf. Not a general words. If you don't trust simply open rhcssf ladder and check top players - gear and builds. What the point say "they can" if they can't.

Following your logic SpaceX is a scam and Elon Musk is a fiction storyteller because we all know that no human was on Mars yet therefore it is impossible.
Because there is space AND there is more space AND no warps AND *insert more reasons*
Just check the howmanypeoplewereonmars.com
There is no single one on mars, checkmate

Dude your logic is like dumb
Respectfully, no offence
i mean a guy who cant get pass lv 93 in the softcore think he can beat ruthless ssf hardcore uber bosses...
and btw who compete in the ssf hc dont really want play ruthless so maybe someone else can do who knows
"
Mokurp wrote:
i mean a guy who cant get pass lv 93 in the softcore think he can beat ruthless ssf hardcore uber bosses...

Thanks for your valuable argumentum ad hominem input
I can be responsible for what I write but unfortunately I can't be responsible for your fantasies and misinterpretations

Btw I'd like you to know that I won't be bothering checking your background and achievements since I don't consider this kind of things important for the discussion

Looking forward to read more spectacular takes from you, cheers
"
TramVai wrote:

we all know that no human was on Mars yet therefore it is impossible.

Therefore it is not confirmed that it's possible.

So it's only your theory that players without dash can beat ubers in rhcssf leagues. And you not only don't prove that it's possible with some facts or mathematic, but simply say something general (like get in rhcssf better top tier gear than in non ruthless for ubers so that it won't only be so good that it compensate bench crafts, but also will give you stats to compensate extra 5+ passives in tree and 2 asc points, CoolStoryBob) and that others arguments are not good enougth.
Last edited by Alendert on Apr 6, 2023, 4:17:25 PM
"
Alendert wrote:
"
TramVai wrote:

we all know that no human was on Mars yet therefore it is impossible.

Therefore it is not confirmed that it's possible.

So it's only your theory that players without dash can beat ubers in rhcssf leagues.

I tried to figure out how to stop this ping pong with you

I think I got an idea how your head works. Happy for you cause it seems to work for you. Doesn't for me.
I tried my best to prove my point and I have nothing to add.
You seem just want to win so hard so it doesn't matter how.

So I want to tell you
You are right on each and every topic.
Your thinking process is flawless.
Your judgements are ultimate.

I bow to your wisdom, but your perfect mind makes me feel disabled cause I can never become as great as you are.
That is why I can't communicate with you anymore cause the pain of seeing an example of perfection is unbearable.

Farewell Alendert, the Victorious Philosopher aka ViP of Ruthless PoE Forum War

You broke my heart, you cracked my skull
This whole exchange is very dull

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info