Monster Mods FAQ

"
"

I hope you feel free to iterate on the number of mods per monster even into the league -- it's a major change, and there's no shame in getting it wrong the first time.

Heck, add "rare monsters have +X mods" as a roll in map modifiers. That'd kind of be neat.

Yeah the map mod for "area contains 30% more rare monsters" should get this for some value of X. Note, X doesn't need to be an integer.

"Area contains 24% (20-30) more rare monsters. Rare monsters have 37% (30-50) chance to have an extra mod" would work.

Why limit it to a single map? This could be perfect for an Atlas passive circle or keystone.

I'm not sure they ever really replaced the removed nodes that added 3 rare monsters that used to be right next to Shaping the Skies and Supplication (genuinely dont remember atm). Throw this right above/connected to the Item Quant. Wheel, and If it's a Keystone you could give it thematic Maven ties because she buffs the monsters to watch her playthings in the atlas battle it out. Or something. She normally buffs Bosses, but this could be another way she evolves.
"
HalfMana wrote:
"
InvaderSiX wrote:
"
xPiranha wrote:
so players will still look for the pantheon gods skill to pop out of monsters and still get cullers? Or did I read wrong.

They mentioned in the main post about the Archnem changes that the rewards are no longer tied to specific archnem modifiers, so we're not just looking for Solaris/Lunaris popping out of a rare anymore, thankfully.

I mean unless I missed something, that is essentially still the same system we just can't see it anymore. It's a hidden tag

It's the same system in the sense that there is some modifier that is going to change loot, however, those modifiers themselves are being changed. Seems like they are trying to go away from most of the full-on conversion ones. Since the post said they are making the rewards less spiky, it is safe to assume the most rewarding ones are being changed too.
"
DragonSound wrote:
"
HalfMana wrote:
"
InvaderSiX wrote:

They mentioned in the main post about the Archnem changes that the rewards are no longer tied to specific archnem modifiers, so we're not just looking for Solaris/Lunaris popping out of a rare anymore, thankfully.

I mean unless I missed something, that is essentially still the same system we just can't see it anymore. It's a hidden tag

A hidden and randomized tag, I still am not sure about what could end up being loot goblins 2.0 but as they have described it you would not know if god touched rares had super currency conversion and not something else, or nothing special at all.

Well, they did mention something about tweaking things so its "less spikey"
If I had to guess they are changing the weighting for how often you encounter the rarer reward types, that could mean anything I suppose.

But knowing GGG's recent track record, that could mean instead of seeing 2 every 100 maps, you'll now see 4, but they have a much less chance of converting the reward to divine/exalt tier.

I mean it's all speculation at this point. But ultimately the only thing "solved" about the loot is now you don't have to feel bad about killing a loot goblin without a magicfinder, because you didn't know it was a loot goblin.
"
No more Quantity, no more Rarity, no more packsize, beyond is dead, and now touched will be way less reawrding

Yup, loot now is finally dead

Hey,

Could you please link where you're getting this info from? I just ctrl-f a bunch of new announcements and couldn't find anything related to your statement. Which I hope isn't true!

Thanks in advance.
I'm struggling to come up with new goals to keep me playing this game.
We could have more sources of magic find modifiers in equipments(or on tree maybe?), it's a very niche attribute and all MF builds always end up the same.
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
No more Quantity, no more Rarity, no more packsize, beyond is dead, and now touched will be way less reawrding

Hey,

Could you please link where you're getting this info from? I just ctrl-f a bunch of new announcements and couldn't find anything related to your statement. Which I hope isn't true!

Thanks in advance.

So, it's more of a collection of posts from what happened in 3.19 -> what their changing in 3.20. I'll try to explain it the best I can.

In 3.19 the innate bonus to quantity and rarity monster types (unique, rare, magic, white) had been significantly reduced. It was replaced by the archnem reward system (ala loot goblins)

Stacking packsize / beyond to add as many monsters to your map as possible and quantity to give yourself the most lever pulls in the RNG is no longer a viable option as a result.

The manifesto suggests that the archnem reward system has been reworked to be overall less spikey (ala loot goblins that drop many divines/uniques etc.). The fear is that it will turn out to be overall even less rewarding than the current system.

Alot of the old options of farming are dead thanks to the quantity / rarity bonus being gutted. So, the current farming meta has shifted to a more guaranteed reward type of playstyle (Legion, heist, altar farming, etc.)

We're getting an altar rework manifesto sometime in the near future, given the way the design goals have looked over the past few patches, my assumption is it will further nerf loot as a whole.
"
HalfMana wrote:
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"

Hey,

Thanks in advance.

So, it's more of a collection of posts from what happened in 3.19 -> what their changing in 3.20. I'll try to explain it the best I can.

In 3.19 the innate bonus to quantity and rarity monster types (unique, rare, magic, white) had been significantly reduced. It was replaced by the archnem reward system (ala loot goblins)

Stacking packsize / beyond to add as many monsters to your map as possible and quantity to give yourself the most lever pulls in the RNG is no longer a viable option as a result.

The manifesto suggests that the archnem reward system has been reworked to be overall less spikey (ala loot goblins that drop many divines/uniques etc.). The fear is that it will turn out to be overall even less rewarding than the current system.

Alot of the old options of farming are dead thanks to the quantity / rarity bonus being gutted. So, the current farming meta has shifted to a more guaranteed reward type of playstyle (Legion, heist, altar farming, etc.)

We're getting an altar rework manifesto sometime in the near future, given the way the design goals have looked over the past few patches, my assumption is it will further nerf loot as a whole.

How about you just farm stable rewards and not bitch about beyond? Or just play the game at all which you clearly haven't been doing?

Beyond needs to stay dead. If it can be more dead than this, good. Quant needs to die. Forever. MF gear needs to die. Forever.
meh will wait for the LOOT part 3.19 was cancer and if you can reverse the divine and ex i will by hype and happy
"
albert2006xp wrote:

How about you just farm stable rewards and not bitch about beyond? Or just play the game at all which you clearly haven't been doing?

Beyond needs to stay dead. If it can be more dead than this, good. Quant needs to die. Forever. MF gear needs to die. Forever.

How about you read the post? :)

I was simply answering his question.

But I guess I am it abit biased, the game is in a rubbish state right now.
Last edited by HalfMana on Nov 17, 2022, 10:26:11 PM
I like all the words in these manifestos. I hope the gameplay is equally good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info