Monster Mods FAQ

"Does this mean I'm forced to play Magic Find all the time now?"

You're missing the point with this question. Yes, fundamentally, if you play magic find all the time, you will find more and better items, that's the whole point.

What we were asking more specifically was "Do I have to play magic find all the time now because I can't see which monsters are the loot goblins anymore?"

You need to address how loot is going to work, or if IQ/IR will remain the same as it did in 3.19, before trying to explain your philosophy.

I'm not one for the MF Cull meta (I didn't bother playing this league, lol), but generally speaking, people would much rather have crap loot and a slot machine VS crap loot and no slot machine. This is because, under current understandings, normal builds are no longer allowed to win the slot machine anymore because nobody can see the machine anymore. That's why people are asking if they need to play MF all the time, it's for when they will now unknowingly kill the loot goblin and roll the slot machine.
Notice how there's 0 talk about the loot of said monsters or in general.. yeah.. I was going to say strange but then again.. it's ggg we're talking about here..
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).
The next hill GGG wants to lose all its players in a week on. Just get rid of the MF crap already your forcing us to play 2 builds that MF.

Does this mean I'm forced to play Magic Find all the time now?
If you're able to sacrifice character power for magic find then, you'll find more and better items. That was true before 3.19 and is the nature of magic find in Action RPGs. Note that magic find has diminishing returns, so a small investment can go a long way.
Yeah if those loot goblins are still in the game, I'm not playing. So far, it sounds like they are.

Making the lottery a random, secret lottery doesn't fix the problem.

Don't get me wrong - magic find is fine, I think we should be able to get better loot and more loot out of it. Tiering up 40 whetstones into 40 divine orbs, however, is *awful* and that idea needs to be firmly placed in the garbage where it belongs.
Last edited by Takumashii on Nov 17, 2022, 10:47:47 PM
"
MissYamakaze wrote:
"Does this mean I'm forced to play Magic Find all the time now?"

You're missing the point with this question. Yes, fundamentally, if you play magic find all the time, you will find more and better items, that's the whole point.

What we were asking more specifically was "Do I have to play magic find all the time now because I can't see which monsters are the loot goblins anymore?"

You need to address how loot is going to work, or if IQ/IR will remain the same as it did in 3.19, before trying to explain your philosophy.

I'm not one for the MF Cull meta (I didn't bother playing this league, lol), but generally speaking, people would much rather have crap loot and a slot machine VS crap loot and no slot machine. This is because, under current understandings, normal builds are no longer allowed to win the slot machine anymore because nobody can see the machine anymore. That's why people are asking if they need to play MF all the time, it's for when they will now unknowingly kill the loot goblin and roll the slot machine.

they did not remove rarity now affecting currency, so yes. MF will still be the best. It has nothing to do with the loot goblin style of rewards. It has everything to do with rarity now affecting currency. But no. you don't have to play mf.
"
Takumashii wrote:
Yeah if those loot goblins are still in the game, I'm not playing. So far, it sounds like they are.

Making the lottery a random, secret lottery doesn't fix the problem.

Don't get me wrong - magic find is fine, I think we should be able to get better loot and more loot out of it. Tiering up 40 whetstones into 40 divine orbs, however, is *awful* and that idea needs to be firmly placed in the garbage where it belongs.

They are changing that part though. Yes there are hidden modifiers that alter rewards, but they are redoing them all. Also, from the wording, a rare monster can only have 1 of these modifiers on them. So there will be no multiple conversions (and conversions seem to be mostly going away).
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
No more Quantity, no more Rarity, no more packsize, beyond is dead, and now touched will be way less reawrding

Yup, loot now is finally dead

Hey,

Could you please link where you're getting this info from? I just ctrl-f a bunch of new announcements and couldn't find anything related to your statement. Which I hope isn't true!

Thanks in advance.

All of those were massively nerf in 3.19, and in exchange we got goblins, now they are nerfin goblins and not returning the things that were nerfed in 3.19
"Because of the mod changes, will more rares be allowed to spawn?"
GGG: No.
"Then it's a nerf to headhunter."
GGG: No.

This is fundamentally false. "There are more mods to steal" is an incorrect way of describing it. There are more TYPES of mods to steal, there are NOT MORE MODS to steal. Especially if the amount of mods that are allowed to spawn on rares will remain the same (or it could even be less now based on how testing goes).

Archnemesis mods were essentially "super mods". They were a collection of a lot of mods all packed into one, you even said so yourself in the manifesto, and that's why you are splitting them up in this new system. It also makes sense why then they weren't allowed to stack with Headhunter.

Let's make an example. With the new system, each mod is worth 1 mod. With Archnemesis mods being "super mods", we'll say that each Archnemesis mod is effectively worth 3 mods in the new system.

With the new system, we'll say I stole 8 mods, or two max modded monsters (no duplicate mods). With the Archnemesis system, we'll say I stole 4 mods, or one max modded monster. With the new system, I stole 8 mods. But with the Archnemesis system, because each Archnemesis mod is effectively worth 3 mods in this example, I effectively stole 12 mods total.

Assuming all rare monsters have 4 mods total: With one rare Archnemesis monster kill, I effectively have more mods than I did killing two new rare monsters, and would need 3 total rare monsters, all with DIFFERENT mods, to match the amount of effective mods I got from killing a single Archnemesis monster. Sure, that one Archnemesis monster was much harder to kill than the two (or three) new monsters, but I still got more "effective mods" with the single Archnemesis monster.

The main point I'm trying to make is, if rare spawning rates don't change and mods aren't allowed to stack, you will effectively have less mods on average because you will have to kill more rare monsters to get the same effective amount of mods as you did with the Archnemesis system. (Also, I'm sure you could totally make at least some of the new mods stack. You just have to pick which ones where it'd make sense for them to stack, damage and resistances, VS not, like ice prison's ice cage.)

I'm not defending the Archnemesis system, I think it was absolutely terrible and that it completely ruined the game, and I'm glad that it's going away. I'm just pointing out that this is in fact a nerf to Headhunter, contrary to what you're saying.

Will Headhunter still be super busted for mapping and super expensive? Probably, it's kind of hard for it not to be, but it will in fact be worse.
I have a question/hopes for about one specific type of effect that was troubling.

There was a storm caller which spawned like a curtain of lightning. The effect could cover a large part of the screen. If a similar new mod is due, it would be great if its effect is less imposing.

I think bands or ropes of lightning around a mob were visual warning enough.

Looking forward to all the further news!
Can't wait to actually try the new system. I have copium again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info