Monster Mods FAQ

Let's be fair and true: Archmen wasn't too "complex", it was simply to hard for having fun in maps and it killed build-diversity even more. Just don't overtune these again. Let us have fun for a league again.
Big fan of this FAQ format.

We get the announcement, haters get to overreact in the comments. Then we get clarification, haters get a 2nd chance to vent, and the rest of us can rest easy and ignore them.

Everybody wins!
"
#InChrisWeTrust
#MakeWraeclastGreatAgain

2 points have been deposited into your account balance. Happy exiling, mapler!
1) The manifesto + FAQ format is excellent! A straight-up improvement in communication.
2) I am pleased with the answers so far. Loot-related stuff seems to still be in flux and only talked about in the reveal stream. Sending my energy to the devs working on reward balance in the coming two weeks. ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
Looking good. I really appreciate the clarity in these FAQ posts, they’re a great compliment to the manifesto posts.
Just don't overtune these again. We don't want to run into 80% resistance mods in Act 2 where we don't have any resist pierce yet.

AN mods were hard to balance properly because each mod had so many effects that stacked with eachother. Why does Mana Siphoner have bonus lightning damage, lightning conversion, phys added as lightning AND lightning resistance of all things?! This mod is clearly visible, with very easily telegraphed area of effect. It should only be this donut-shaped AOE. Nothing else.

You had to release 11 patches in this league to get it to somewhat playable state due to archnemesis bricking the damn game again (after you reverted the # of mods nerf from 3.18 and got rid of 15% mana reservation mastery)
Very sceptical about the jewels. But this looks pretty good. But 4 of those mods might be a bit to easy/underwhelming...
If you can do something about the one shots, that would be awesome. Maybe a Gray area for 0.5 sec before you die?
Last edited by Rekill on Nov 18, 2022, 8:30:13 AM
FAQ doesn't really answer anything important. wait until 2 week after launched before spend your money on this company. no more hype or anything.
Last edited by punyavee on Nov 18, 2022, 2:36:00 AM
"
wegeling wrote:
"
ebrl wrote:
Whatever. The average 4-mod rare under the new system will now be about as dangerous as a current magic monster, if not less. Congratulations on pandering to everyone who just wants to blast mindlessly on a second monitor while giving the game 10% of their attention.

Go play ruthless mode, problem solved.

You go play candy crash and leave this game to players enjoy it, problem solved.
Okay.

We'll wait till actual data n live testing when it's released.

You're very vague on about loot drop explanation, it's barely a confirmation we are getting back on our loot back.

Imagine in maps with 70% white mobs without mods, doesn't that mean it's the same?

Why we keep asking for restoring the original loot drop? Because all the monster already have a base loot drop value on them, the mods were giving them multiplier further increase the loot drop.

I am still not looking forward to coming back to this game.

You were having great core league that bring good stuff, I seriously doubt with just magic n rare mobs alone is able to make up all the Loss of loot drop from normal rarity monster. Even u buff it with maximum rare/magic mobs I don't see how will the number add up.
Last edited by vortex226 on Nov 18, 2022, 3:22:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info