3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

So instead of improving or reworking the loot system you just made the goblin type reward system invisible.
How does that solve any issue the player had.
It only removed the culler wich is purely a subjective need of interaction based on the drop system and perceived reward of loot.

The real issue people had with this system was that it was too RNG focussed and killed any form of juice related impact.

How about you rework the system where you can keep the silly goblin mechanic but actually scale the reward based on the pack associated with it.

This way increasing monster pack density increases the reward associated with its pack.

Instead of a system where i roll 100 maps and purely put in monster pack size in order to get more chance of having 1 goblin appear.

That was the real issue with the new rework and why people want the old quant system back.

Because instead of feeling impact from a juiced map it was offset by the need for spamming as much maps as possible because of its RNG related mod interaction with 1 mob.

So if you could make a system where mob packs are clustered with its rewardeds more focussed on that it would be great. (this might be the old system anyway).
To clarify, lets say i have a blue pack with +100 rarity and 50% quant.
It has a base number of 15 mobs.
Why not scale the rarity and quant on monster pack size.
So lets say i have a base of +40% pack size.
The 15 mobs get increased to 21.
Now increased by its pack size modifier you could create a bonus scale of 100% rare and quant on those 6 mobs.
So 6 x 50% quant = 300% quant increase.
Now the pack has a base of 350% quant.
Then you could put the new mods and reward system arch nemesis gave as to determine wich type of reward you get.

Was that really so hard?
You can keep arch nemesis as a base for wich type of reward you get.
And keep a relevant impact of difficulty.
I dont understand why archnemesis had to dominate all these aspects instead of being a deterministic reward type system.

If you dont create a new loot system the impact juicing has will remain in a state where people are rewarded on the quantity of maps they run instead of its difficulty.
Wich is very ironic to say the least.

And people abused this with hacks where they would spam a million maps just to get to the goblin.
And why alot of streamers left because the endgame revolved around efficient time management by not running one super juiced map over a hundred white maps because of the goblin mechanic.
So just making this invisible changes nothing.

Good change. Glad to see this and positive feedback from players.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by ThomasK_GGG on Nov 17, 2022, 9:49:02 AM
Make Melee Great Again?

Pardon the reference.

Melee for the plebs, GGG?

I want to press 5 buttons, scream several times, and then slam everything to bits. It filled me with childish glee. Give me back my dreams?

Only you can prevent weak slams.

This is your destiny. Embrace the slammerino, gggino.
Not sure about this one.... I mean, it kinda feels like you took the loot goblin, and made it worst by slapping it silly with RNG. So it's still a loot goblin, you just have no idea it's a loot goblin.... That's a weird fix, even for GGG
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. " ~ Hunter S Thompson ~
Magic Find is the problem here.
This sounds amazing! I think it's a great step in the right direction. I had a bit of a sour taste after reading the jewels manifesto, because while they identified some problems, the solutions were creating other problems or were too drastic, I still belive that minor tweaks are requiered rather than big changes to improve most of Path of Exile mechanics, gameplay, ascendencies, skills...

This manifesto highlights just that, the new monster are going to be basically old monsters but with a tweak. Also, I'm really happy about the removal of loot goblins, and hopefully this would distribute the loot more evenly during gameplay.
I found it sad to loose the thematics names.

The leaning of thematic is not the issue IMO. They should be just simpler. A Magma enemy should have 3 modifiers, not 5. Let's say a magma barrier, fire dmg conversion, and fire resistance would have make sense.

Last and not least, one rare Nemesis used to be un-rewarding for the time and risk it takes.

The PoE community is looking for loots, builds diversifications and mechanisms discoveries. This change is not going rightfully in that direction.
"
Marinxar wrote:
Not sure about this one.... I mean, it kinda feels like you took the loot goblin, and made it worst by slapping it silly with RNG. So it's still a loot goblin, you just have no idea it's a loot goblin.... That's a weird fix, even for GGG

Yea this is exactly why its not a fix at all.
It just hides the problem.

Its a misunderstanding of why people were upset and why people were leaving so soon in Kalandra.

The endgame loop was destroyed in favour of a system that promotes quanitity in rolling rng combinations.

Making the combinations invisible is not a fix.

People never disliked the idea of either deterministic loot rewards or explosions from a single lucky mob.

Making a super build with strength being essentially useless if you can get more rewards by running more maps with a faster weaker character is demotivating.
It essentially disrupts a need for improvement and need for doing hard maps.

Ofcourse there are options to do bossing or get rewards from a strong character in other content but that should not be a standing point for not doing maps.

Juiced maps is why people are and were angry and if they dont aknowledge that or avoid this point then it wont change anything and that is worrying.

Alot of people enjoyed juicing their maps and seeing a reward based on difficulty, not RNG and micro time management.
expect manifest by harvest )
Juicing maps definitely still increases rewards. God did you guys that are complaining even get to high tier content. Everyone bought into to this hive mind bs that there’s no loot and you have to MF or get nothing and it’s ludicrous. Juicing still improves loot MF or otherwise. Is it different yes is it worse no. If the game was easy on a trash build with no thought put into it the game would suck. If you get all your gear in the first two days and have nothing to strive for the game would suck. You people literally just complain to complain and because you heard someone complain. This is ridiculous.

Complain about MF but understand that the high tier loot that’s for trade is kept cheaper by people using MF. You cry cause it’s there but I promise if it wasn’t you’d be paying a lot more for those items that are more scarce without it.

Last edited by SHAWNOBI on Nov 17, 2022, 10:40:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info