3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

PoE SAVED?!? Amazing GGG, great work!!! Finally a lot of veterans can comeback to the game HYPE!!!

Now just remove cast on death mobs (I mean those hedgehogs with bursting spikes on death) and poe will be the best h'n's once again. Ty.
Still lowkey waiting in which sense it will actually "smoothen out" the curve rather than just chop it off. But even in the worst-case doom scenario for loot, this is still a massive W for PoE as a game.

ArchNemesis is gone CrabRave.gif
still don't trust GGG, talk is cheap and this is just as likely going to be player nerfs, overtuned rare monsters with no loot or dropping 200 whetstones.

maybe after you earn some credibility back I will throw you some money.
#Talkischeap
thinly veiled rollback...the entire manifesto describes exactly how the rare mobs worked BEFORE all the AN shenanigans. Nothing is changed except for additional mods in the pool. I almost actually laughed when I read this.

Ooh this is all totally revamped and new! But really, its a skin slopped on what had already worked for years and what players screamed at GGG for the entirety of the AN fiasco. You can bet loot is still going to be absurdly spike-y. I better not see one single instance of 100s of armour scraps dropping...
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Nov 17, 2022, 12:07:47 PM
Good change, did not like the loot system last league so hardly played. Looking forward to enjoying the game again.
Amazing news, thank you for this listening to your community.
I do want to say though I'm glad Archnemsis is gone(well, basically dialed back 90%), I'm glad you guys tried something new. It's something you tried to make for the players that didn't turn out well, but the whole reason we love this game is because of the crazy new things you offer us each league.

I think it's neat you stuck to your guns for a bit, but after seeing friction for such a long time you backed off. It shows you want what you think is best for your game, but you are willing to compromise if it's very poorly received.
hell yeah,almost lost my faith with gg with kalandra shitshow..looking a lot better already now.
Please move away from heavy damage over time effects like mana siphoner too
In my honest opinion this seems like a good changes, but also want to point out that a lot of mods were "interesting" to have (with out all the stuff they had inside) like "Bombardier" was a play around mod.. I saw those like D3 Mods and for better or for worse (Trickster was shit) but they could be better.

Also something maybe to hard to do and maybe a little unfair to the untrained player (aka me) could be using neutral mods (Like Accurate) inside a mob type, like being a core of the mob everywhere (this could backfire but seems interesting nonetheless)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info