3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

[Removed by Support]
does this say "we abolished archnemesis" or not
because if not
gfy
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Nov 16, 2022, 8:17:44 PM
AN monster where already to easy in end game after multiple nerf. people like playing brain dead.
"
The result is a system that is very similar to what monster mods used to be like

Funny, that.

And yet I don't believe for a second you're content to scrap AN as it was, not with the abject refusal to address it so far despite near historical levels of backlash. So until I see the actual numbers of what you've done to the mods, I'm reserving judgement. The Magma Barrier example is a perfect one, I'm expecting something like "well, the magma barrier has 5 times more HP and armour to compensate that it's now one mod" or something similar. There is NO WAY you simply went in and outright removed the effects.

One of the points about AN that I don't see addressed: Some of the effects were literally build-disabling, and they weren't so because of a combination of effects - they were so because of one ridiculous thing. There's nothing interesting about that. While we're at it, there's also nothing "interesting" about a constant barrage of unavoidable ground effects.

And keeping AN but "diluting" it (funny, suddenly we're admitting that diluting a mod pool is a nerf) isn't really solving one other fundamental issue: It's extremely disempowering. When we're at maps, we, as players, had a lot of control over what enemies we were going to face. If you didn't like the mods a map had, you could reroll it. Voidstones? Same thing. You very purposely select which scarabs you juice your map with. Now if we decide to go blind into an unidentified map and get rolled, then that's on us; we can hardly blame the game for it.

Not so with AN, anything can appear anywhere. Let's grab mods out of a bag and make zero effort in implementing any sort of checks and balances. You may be watering it down, but you're leaving one of the worst aspects of the system. "Anything anywhere" might be acceptable for gear, but when it comes to enemy balance, it's horrible.

EDIT: And hiding the loot goblins doesn't make it better. The loot goblin/conversion mechanic just needs to go, and you need to restore overall drop rates.
Last edited by Walkiry on Nov 16, 2022, 8:24:10 PM
What about global drop rate?
now copy the crafting-system from undecember und maybee we see the start to a new golden age
"
Nervantoss wrote:
AN monster where already to easy in end game after multiple nerf. people like playing brain dead.

Fuck yeah we do. I would argue that's the number one reason I play ARPGS, I want a brain off experience.

A lot of people (GGG included) seem to not want their ARPG to actually be an ARPG. They want it to be an MMO that looks like an ARPG.
While I did enjoy AN mods as they are, the simplification of mods seems like a really nice QoL. Really excited for the new update!

One question, the special type loot drops, e.g. fractured, fully linked, white sockets, etc.......will these stay and just be randomized per rare mob, or are they being removed? I hope they aren't being removed as I rather enjoyed them.
docarrive
Finally some good change. The AN system will not be missed.
Get your magic find characters ready!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info