3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

"
Emertus wrote:
"
SkyesArlad wrote:
Too late. The damage is already done, and GGG refused to change for too long. Thousands have already left the game and Undecember has 3 times more players than POE, and that should say a LOT about POE's current state.

Players have already left to play other games like Overwatch 2, Elden Ring, etc, and they are not coming back.

Not to mention the arrival of Diablo 4. It will be hard to resurrect this game after all this.

Congratulations, Chris Wilson, I hope you enjoy your vision.

Not an airport. Also, lol OW2

It's an example, son, because OW2 just came out. You can quote literally any game.
Last edited by SkyesArlad on Nov 16, 2022, 9:00:25 PM
Now instead of visible loot goblins we'll have hidden ones? Awesome
It's not "interesting and challenging", it's shit. After week(s) of pain play you get the gear and you roll the content eventually (considering you play with hyped build)
But before this you just die in unfair ways, getting one shot. It's wrong there's no fun, no interest, no "challenge" here.

Let's talk about BLUE ones: they will do one shot left often ? Well it's fucked up because they will still "kill" in HC... 1 time is enough. We have this problem since more than 5 years. Spike damage.

And you really think people have the time to read all the text each time? Are you serious ?

White monsters are like 100 or 200 times easier than rares, this gone wrong, It's all based on "effects" the player see.

The range detection/aggro and speed has been tweaked over the years IMO, this make broken situations too.

And you hide the reward? This could seems a "good idea" but this is even worse now: teams with cull character have a complete advantage.

Well sorry to say this but you are going right into the wall, at full speed.
Last edited by Universalis on Nov 16, 2022, 9:04:56 PM
"The result is a system that is very similar to what monster mods used to be like, but with much more up-to-date content and balance."

Thank you, so much. The new mods were far too potent as packs. I'll suffer through the old modifiers any day, even though I'd die randomly. The frustration was beyond limits at the time, but at the same time the archnems introduced so many frustrating mechanics on top of the original balance. It made for an absolutely messy and chaotic experience, on top of an already messy and chaotic experience.
Last edited by funplayer on Nov 16, 2022, 9:07:21 PM
Everything sounded good until the "hidden rewards"...So now they are hidden loot goblins. sigh
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
SkyesArlad wrote:
"
Emertus wrote:
"
SkyesArlad wrote:
Too late. The damage is already done, and GGG refused to change for too long. Thousands have already left the game and Undecember has 3 times more players than POE, and that should say a LOT about POE's current state.

Players have already left to play other games like Overwatch 2, Elden Ring, etc, and they are not coming back.

Not to mention the arrival of Diablo 4. It will be hard to resurrect this game after all this.

It's an example, son, because OW2 just came out. You can quote literally any game.

no but seriously OW2 hahhaahahahhahahahahahaa
"
SkyesArlad wrote:
"
Emertus wrote:
"
SkyesArlad wrote:

It's an example, son, you can quote literally any game.

I mean this is strictly an opinion and not facts. And current player numbers for Undecember doesnt matter at all because its end of league for PoE AND doesn't count the fact that PoE has a nonsteam client where we can't see player numbers AND console players. At league Launch PoE will be back to concurrent 140k (on Steam Alone)

So uhh...yeah nice comparison.
IF ggg continues in this direction and gives some player gear progression back, and address a few of the other issues. I think it will be fine.

As for D4...zero hype, dont trust blizzard, and I think the game will be good for a one time through then once we hit endgame we will compare. But doing a World of Warcraft KEY style dungeon system aint it. I'll say that much. And Rifts were never popular with most people and burned out doing the same thing over and over again with very few map layouts during D3 vs the amount of endgame PoE has. D4 can try, and it will grab players, the question then becomes, how much variety and fun ways to do things and class design (which D3 failed at in my eyes)

Now if GGG can expand their other league content to be able to be done just a tad more then now. (Aka if I want to do Harvest all the time or Ritual all the time) Now I'm more excited. Atlas Tree was in the right direction, just needs a tad bit more so I can do the content I want as much as I want because thats what I find fun and rewarding.

But guess what...both games can exist and perform well on their own merits. Thats the beauty of games that there are a bunch of different types and you can enjoy what you want because you are allowed to enjoy what makes you happy. This is meant to be fun. And what I find fun you wont, and vice versa. And thats perfectly ok. I don't need to spit opinionated facts and force you to believe what I believe.
Last edited by xRev703 on Nov 16, 2022, 9:12:02 PM
love it !
ggg be like:

We understand you, you were upset that you had to bring a mf culler when encountering a god molested monster in order to not miss out on huge loot slotmachine explosions.

Our fix:

We just hide the god molested mods, now you have to kill each and every rare monster in order to maybe drop something LMAO.

Seriously? I cant wait to play diablo 4, and if thats shit, atleast eft will still be there.
Still unclear how ridiculous it would be. But here is the current situation with endless delve: whenever I see 3+ rare mobs, I know that I am dead.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info