3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

This is the most hopeful thing i've seen in a long time
This is all GREAT ... Except! you fail to understand why people had to use cullers / magic find last league, and hated it. You Made Arch Nem Mobs Use Rarity And Quantity For Their Drops In 3.19.

This wasn't an arch nemesis mechanic, this was you moving drop rates of loot from the universal and league specific tables to arch nemesis loot pinatas. You then made the arch nem mobs convert misc items into their specific rewards. This meant that if people wanted loot, they had to hunt for arch nem mobs with magic find gear, instead of just doing everything normally like before.

Your changes make no note of reverting those loot changes from 3.19, only that you are hiding them behind obscurity like in Delirium Event. You haven't solved the loot issue, you've just made it Even More infuriating because now you can't prepare for it to happen, it just does. How about removing the Rarity / Quantity interaction from arch nemesis mobs, and moving that loot back into the general / league pools like in 3.18 and earlier.

Bring back the Historic Drop Rates.
on death effects that do damage arent interesting or challenging, especially when you have to wait for it to happen in a game that kills you if you stand still for even a split second. having on death effects you can turn around and use to your advantage might be a better approach, icbnm chaos balls would be ok if they could also damage enemies or apply a couple stacks of an ailment, or drop a short duration consecrated ground that affects you and monsters, perhaps onslaught effect in an area or a knockback. something, anything, please.

im hoping the loot gets fixed for juicers too.
Feels kind of like we are just going back to the old system for the most part by the sound of it :(
Okay! Looking forward to next league.

I appreciate the clarity. The thematic names and modifiers worked when they were a player choice during AN league - when you could deliberately avoid what you wanted.

Some of the numerical modifiers were also pretty egregious, such as Empowering Elements, which granted 100% phys as extra damage of the empowered element - 100% extra!

Breaking down the mods will hopefully lead to a less rippy and frustrating experience for early endgame.

Here's hoping the mechanic will be rewarding and the drops will be awesome. Trust!
Without numbers this means nothing and I only believe when I see it.
Thank you
So we're still hitting pinatas? They're just invisible now?
I really hope Archnemesis is finally dead. It has sullied many leagues of POE enjoyment.
Hopefully you didn't put Archnemesis too deep in the coffer. Once the crowd will go back to the game that they played before PoE 3.0 you might need it again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info