3.20 Balance Manifesto: Monster Mods and Archnemesis

"
wallsh1 wrote:
Sad to see it

Finally poe started going back to being a more difficult game and not just "I just insta kill the screen idk what anything is"

it's like D3 with "inferno mode", people couldn't face roll it with their eyes closed so they wanted it gone.

I understand the rage on Reddit and some entitled streamers was a big part of this and that makes me very sad

There is fine line between being HARD and being PUNISHING
if you die not knowing what killed you and why without consenting into encouter - thats punishing
if you die to boss who agreed to figth and saw it comeing and you did not dodged well telegraphed attack - That is not punishing that is hard and game defeated you

Archnemesis during leuge where hard and only modereltly punishing a
later there where only punishing not hard
https://www.twitch.tv/sober667
"
we doubling down for the 5th time baby, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

You didn't even read the manifesto if you came to this conclusion. It's almost entirely a revert back to the old rare system with some slightly updated mods.
"Rare monsters with more mods are more likely to have these special hidden reward mods."

Remove this please.
"
derfington wrote:
But what about all the useless drops? I dont want 50 flasks. I dont want 200 whetstones. Now i will still get them? I just won't know when?

https://imgflip.com/i/711310
Last edited by Jixa87 on Nov 16, 2022, 2:52:23 PM
Let's hope that one than more person works on that issue this time.
If high investment mapping comes back I might actually play the next league.
Pog
"
In the new system, we have added a significant pool of new rewards to rares, but the reward that is on the monster is hidden (and not associated with a specific mod), so you don't know what kind of rewards you will get until you kill the monster. Rare monsters with more mods are more likely to have these special hidden reward mods. This new reward system smooths out the spikiness that the Archnemesis reward system had.

So... does this new system incentive forcing MF on every character and still playing "goblin hunting" mechanisms? If the amount of loot is still significantly increased by MF and party bonuses its still a bit of an issue even though it should now be less spiky to get one of the "good" monsters. You don't state that you've reduced the amount that MF and party bonuses increases the drop rates here.

Exactly my issue with this post, how will the removal of MF Goblinhunting benefit people if we would just have the same system but this time we could only get the loot we would get w/o calling a culler before?
Nice. Now more different rare monsters will drop all those flasks or whetstones.
will rewards like Drought Bringer + Empowered Elements on the current system exist in this new system? ie fractured flasks?
Great change! we thank you, loot goblins and fetching a MF culler from TFT Discord everytime was a pain!!!!!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info