3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

Looks pretty decent
you removed the enchant, at least improve them
I'm beyond confused by these changes and why development time is being wasted on non-issues.
Nobody has ever used jewels for ailment mitigation, nor will they going forward, unless you also nerfed boots implicit and/or suffix.

It is beyond idiotic to expect me to waste a mod on a 4 mod jewel, where in current game, for most non-crit builds ALL 4 of them need to be damage in order to justify TWO talent points spent on the socket.
You're also competing in this space with filler resist/attribute suffix, and %life/flat life prefix.

As far as unique jewel changes - it is impossible to populate the drop pool with highly desirable items only.
Some (most) of them are still going to be trash that you never pick up, hence the only thing you'll have achieved with this change is diluting the game further and most probably disabling even more choices.

You've effectively created multiple problems while trying to 'solve' issues that never existed in the first place. Why not focus on things that could actually improve the game going forward instead ?!?
Who thought this was a legitimate problem. This just reminds me when you nerf talisman "because everyone knew they were to strong". to the shock of the entire community.
this is again an update for the fraction eh every league headhunter and mageblood has for the top 1000 players great, builds in which you need unic jewels will be unaffordable, I had previously played very happy freezing pulse totem, then the jewel was removed and now the char is unplayable. this is now another patch in which unic jewels become as expensive as headhunter and builds in which you need unic jewels become too expensive. please think of the workers who finance the game here and not the 24/7 players who barely contribute that your salaries are paid.

3 friends of me who have already put over 2000 $ in the game have already quit!!! because it is too hard and again only patches for the hardcore gamer are made, at first glance always great but basically it is only harder
"
demon025 wrote:
Now you'll have lvl 28 rare jewel that you'll immediately vendor as a reward because it physically cannot roll anything good.

From memory, that's not how the mod pool for jewels works, an ilvl 28 jewel can roll any mod in the pool. ilvl gated mods are relevant for cluster jewels and abyss jewels, but not basic jewels.
Good changes! Keep it up GGG!
---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nSKK5UeJNQ <---
"
Hoheinheim wrote:
Wow removing unique jewel from drop pool, ok farewell PoE i will stay on Undecember !

Yes me too. Really sad...
But Undecember respects my time more than super grindy unrewarding frustrating POE at the moment.
"
NeoG wrote:
"Some other build-enabling Jewels that affect Golems can no longer drop but can be found from another more deterministic source. While we want you to discover this new source on your own during gameplay"

LOL rip golem build, really vicious this method for ruin a build . :)

+

seriously GGG made ruthless mode a standalone instead of incorporating it by default in other mods. Nobody asked you for this mod, nobody wants it in softcore

I really hope that is not the case, its already annoying getting the jewels and it even got nerfed already by the divine changes since getting all the Primordial Harmony's with 42% cdr or what ever is needed is already tedious at best.
"
arandan wrote:
I'm beyond confused by these changes and why development time is being wasted on non-issues.
Nobody has ever used jewels for ailment mitigation, nor will they going forward, unless you also nerfed boots implicit and/or suffix.

It is beyond idiotic to expect me to waste a mod on a 4 mod jewel, where in current game, for most non-crit builds ALL 4 of them need to be damage in order to justify TWO talent points spent on the socket.
You're also competing in this space with filler resist/attribute suffix, and %life/flat life prefix.

As far as unique jewel changes - it is impossible to populate the drop pool with highly desirable items only.
Some (most) of them are still going to be trash that you never pick up, hence the only thing you'll have achieved with this change is diluting the game further and most probably disabling even more choices.

You've effectively created multiple problems while trying to 'solve' issues that never existed in the first place. Why not focus on things that could actually improve the game going forward instead ?!?

For non crit builds you need 2 mods for damage, that's the point of being non crit, being more tanky. You have plenty of space in this archetype. For crit builds however, you need 3-4 damage mods and if you go for 3,then the other mod would be life or ES. It's a bit of a problem here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info