3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

It's true the current mitigation mods on regular jewels are not very appealing right now, and I'm glad you are making those mods more generous numerically, but the fact of the matter is that this change comes with some drawbacks. First of all, it will dillute the pool of mods, so rolling a good or jewel will be harder, not a problem for Softcore trade, but really annoying for any SSF run. Second, nowadays, jewels slot are highly coveted because of all the unique powerful jewels avilable(plus a bunch of reworked unique jewels coming in 3.20), like forbidden flesh and flame, impossible scape, thread of hope, inspired learning, legion jewels, grand spectrums... So, despite making the regular jewels mitigation mods more appealing, lot of people would still use those high end unique jewels, or BIS regular jewels with lot of crit multi+life/es.

It's also true that current unique jewels regular drops are not exciting, I don't mind that in case of the build enabling one's, but the generic unique jewels(like cold steel, energised armour, etc..) are not very good, and I understand the rework of these ones. But again, jewels slots are very contested right now... so it would depends on how good and rare they are, I think a good approach to this matter it's to make these "generic" uniques jewels some kind of a middle ground between regular jewels, and the high end unique jewels mentioned above(forbiden jewels, grand spectrum, etc) both in power and in rarity, rather that making them too powerful and very rare.

In the case of build enabling jewels, I would rather leave them the way they are. You are making them corruption-only unique jewels, which it's not that great, because it disallow the possibility of getting Corrupting blood implicit on them... The other approach you are taking it's making avilable through vendor recipe or other deterministic way which it's not a vendor recipe in the case of golem jewels. While a think this it's a good idea on the long run, on the beginning of 3.20 will be a pain in the ass for those who want to play golem or any other build which needs a build enabling jewel.

Lastly, in regards of the uniques jewels which are quest rewards, I think that those are quite good right now, the act 2 flask related jewels are really interesting for leveling, and at least the increased duration one it's build enabling for some soul thirst builds. The act 8 quest reward jewels are less interesting, except for conqueror efficency, so I would buff the other two, rather than removing all of them and trying to put some effect on uniques or in regular jewels. You don't need to reinvent the wheel on this one(this can be applied to lot of things in poe, minor tweaks and buff can improve lot of mechanics, skills, items, etc...), just tune up the weaker jewels, mostly the other conqueror's jewels.

TLDR Summary: The changes proposed are all comming from good intentions, but in the end they generate more problems than they solve, or are too drastic, as I said, generally small tweaks and ajustments is all POE needs, rather than a great overhaul of the unique jewels, you can buff the quest rewards jewels that are less appealing, leave all the unique jewels that are build enabling the same, and just change the "generic" ones to be powerful and rare, but not as powerful as endgame boss jewels or legion jewels.
Good intentions but it will bring more harm as we all know.
-Unigue jewels' powers added to new unigue items. Yeah, can't wait to see new unigues with Unigue Mod, +xx life and reflect damage. The rich 1% of players will definitely gonna use those over 6 mod rares. Right?
-Bigger mod pool for jewels. Thanks...
-Purity of elements probably nerfed to...I don't even want to make a guess.
I miss the times when patchnote days were amazing and fun. Now we just want our builds to continue to function.
It sounds like "a monster may drop 50 or more divine orbs" in 3.19. What a buff.
"
"
The jewels better say "cold ailments" not only "freeze and chill"

Otherwise purity of elements will still be the way to do simulacrum

oh purity of elements is getting fucked 100%.

Monsters in simulacrum apply alt alments as well, so purity doesnt help much.

I dont understand why GGG gave alt ailments to some mobs anyway. W/o giving players the alt ailments avoidance at all >_<
Good stuff, definitely agree with the changes. 99% of the time I drop a unique jewel I already know it's not anything useful so this is definitely a step in the right direction. Can't wait for the other manifestos.
Good stuff, definitely agree with the changes. 99% of the time I drop a unique jewel I already know it's not anything useful so this is definitely a step in the right direction. Can't wait for the other manifestos.
Flicker for Unarmed on One With Nothing & Leap Slam unarmed when tho
GGG please allow Flicker Strike on Hollow Palm
Please supply a list of what jewels are moving out and what are becoming available via corrupt only.

I've spent a lot of time theory crafting a build for next league that depends on a specific niche jewel.

I had plenty of time because I really did not like a lot of what happened with the game along with last league so quit super early. Also the league mechanic was definitely not for me.
seems like 3.20 is off to a terrible start but hopefully im wrong and ggg really has their finger on the pulse of the player.
"
aefoa wrote:
"
"
The jewels better say "cold ailments" not only "freeze and chill"

Otherwise purity of elements will still be the way to do simulacrum

oh purity of elements is getting fucked 100%.

Monsters in simulacrum apply alt alments as well, so purity doesnt help much.

I dont understand why GGG gave alt ailments to some mobs anyway. W/o giving players the alt ailments avoidance at all >_<

oh dont worry, all sources of ailment avoidance will be nerfed, i just used purity as the most prominent example. their post will look something like this: "since we feel the new mods from the jewels add too much ailment avoidance, we had to reduce the numbers from other sources". basically create a fake problem in order to push a nerf dressed as a solution to that fake problem. been happening in my country for my entire life, so im very experienced in noticing it

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info