3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

Item level 18 rare jewel from quest will be so good reward! Such nice mods! Good job, GGG! You are the best! I can't await 3.21 already!
So diluted mod pool for jewels, still getting maybe 1 craft with Harvest decimation, no currency drops except with loot goblin luck, and you've removed some nice starter jewels.
Sounds amazing, sign me up... for a stay at a local mental health institution. Liking these changes would be insanity.

Then again, who am I to question THE VISION?
Nice GGG, I can't wait for read the others manifestos...but how much rare it's the drop rate?? That's the question...or simply I can say good bye to Watcher Eye?
GGG: Nerfs
Players: Quit
Another out of touch decision...
Having good unique jewels as rewards during the campaign is awesome, because they are useful for specific builds. Of course they will have low value, because everybody have access to them, this is how basic economy works, have some guy do some research on basic economy rules.... and this is not bad thing.

The more scarce/hard to get something is the more expensive it will be, thus preventing most of the player access to it...

Also that part that you explain and think something is problem and you are offering solution... the result is always the opposite, there is no problem, but the one you that you keep create.

Stop changing things that are proven to work and start reverting back bad changes that you did and instead of nerfing things, because you think that are too strong start buffing other things that are useless so players have reason to try/play it.

Last edited by Mutaro123 on Nov 15, 2022, 1:20:31 AM
Please try
- to be more honest about nerfs like diluting the rare mod pool and removing essential and deterministically available items like Conqueror's Efficiency.
- to address problems players have actually voiced. I'd like to see a single post complaining about the "burden" of getting a unique Jewel as quest reward.
So the problem is the constant harasement of ailments from monsters in general because of the amount of shit happening on the screen and all the unavoidable soup of effects thrown at us with no interruption during what is left of combats.

So instead of fixing the root cause, it sounds to me that the solution is dilluting jewels stats even more so that we can hope to reach the soon to become (if not already) mandatory status ailment immunity required to not feel like shit when immerged in the previously mentionned soup.
Ailment immunity that doesnt cover the ever increasing list of effects that are aliments but not ailments cause they have the same effect but an other name.
And we'll have to craf...oops sorry gamble more for the new corruptions.

Some niche but cool unique jewels will have their stats hopefully put on rares so it adds yet an other layer of RNG while making unique ones "chase" items. Chase meaning that most people will never see one outside of the broken things you call a trade system.

Maker of ZeeL's Amplifier.
Last edited by Kagari on Nov 15, 2022, 1:47:07 AM
"
We're expanding the pool of mods available on magic and rare Jewels and are making their modifier values more generous so that players have better access to sources of ailment mitigation, with less investment.

Will other jewel modifiers be given this more generous values treatment to counteract the diluted mod pool?
so after all those leagues you had by now you came to the decision to remove the quest jewels...and you never thought about your "problems" with jewels before that? really? did you think about the niche builds that might use them?

your problem is that you are almost FORCED to use ailment immunity and x additional layers of defences to even have a chance to survive.
why do you think every hc player runs a logout macro?
finally start to balance around that, not jewels! make the game playable without macros and shit. keep your sadist mode to those who like it(maybe 5% of players)
ughh,cool daddy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info