3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

Hey... Uh.... This is all bad.

Now rolling jewels is much harder, more affixes.

We don't know what uniques got changed or removed.

Why even nerf unique jewel drop rate. They were pretty dang rare already.

Some builds did want to use the quest reward ones. Now they have to rng one into existence. We are going to get more div cards for jewels that we have to not pick up because lol we have like 4000 div cards already.

Maybe put some of these changes in the oven again.
Most of this sounds okay to me. But the #1 concern I have after reading this is the dilution of abyss jewel mods that will occur after adding these ailment mods to the pool. I have zero use for ailment mods on abyss jewels with my minion builds, and rolling Ghastly Eyes for my minions is already a pita.

Please please please don't give these mods a high weight for abyss jewels, or don't add them to the abyss jewel mod pool at all. That's not the purpose of most of those jewels!
So the positives in my opinion... most unique jewels are in fact trash. 99.9999% of all jewels i find i dont bother picking up becsuse i recognize that they are worthless trash. There are many jewels that were useless trash but could have been amazing if they were slightly changed (souls wick comes to mind).

We will have to see what comes of this. im guessing what should have been done likely wont and people will mostly be disappointed at how obvious The correct way to approach the situation really was and how baffling it is that ggg went a worse direction.

The chase jewels...we will see What they are but im guessing they wont be as "chase" as GGG thinks they are, and ill never ever see one drop. Not to mention theyll cost 100+ divines for leagues to come.

Theres a lot of negativity on here and i think its justified considering recent history... I just hope we are proven wrong and ggg stops being afraid to reward players and throws the players a friggin bone finally.

Solution:
We're making it so that every unique jewel that drops is very rare and highly desirable. This means that many existing unique Jewels have been removed from the drop pool. The intention is that now when you find a unique Jewel, it should almost always be a very positive experience.

lol what, this is your solution to 99% of the unique jewels being trash?
my godness, no wonder this game is getting hated SO MUCH since last league.
lol, wow... You're giving jewels the 3.19 treatment of "unburdening" players with subpar items.... by just removing them or making them way more rare / expensive to acquire.

Can't wait to not get any of these "new" versions because of the ridiculously reduced availability. As if ones like the golem jewels weren't already hugely problematic to acquire the first month of a league; lets make them a scavenger hunt once again! 5div for an anima stone inc.

I also love how you guys have acknowledged now in this post that completing the campaign isn't rewarding or eventful. So it totally makes sense to you to then nerf quest rewards.

People were really joking yesterday about GGG saying stuff in the manifesto were underwhelming, and so they were just going to remove them or nerf them to "solve" that problem. You didn't have to actually do it.

Id say I was disappointed ... but this is exactly the kind of baffling game design we've become accustomed to see in the last couple years. People were right to worry about these manifestos coming, rather than being excited for them.
Exciting news for Diablo 4.
Ok so this still means we can get in some shape or form the unique jewels that change and alter how we gain flask charges yes??? Or the effects now as modifiers on regular jewels?
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568084

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568078

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3568062
Wow so poachers aim jewel is just deleted then, it's definitely not coming back with +2 pierce based on GGG standards. No more +1 pierce while leveling. also

WTB inspired learning 20 divines
Another step to nerfing fun tyvm.
" We're expanding the pool of mods available on magic and rare Jewels and are making their modifier values more generous so that players have better access to sources of ailment mitigation, with less investment. "

Expanding the mod pool just makes it harder to get whatever combination the player wanted. You need to condense the pools: start with turning all the different ailment mitigation types into one type: reduced effect. Just add til 100% - then no effect, like immune. Find some of the mods that are on multiple jewels and remove from one of them. Remove some more mods after that.

"...more rare"

I wanted to try accuracy stacking. Should I not do that because it uses transcendent spirit & intuitive leap?

What about legion jewels?
What about Vaal Omnitect?

Because nobody wants either of those drops reduced.

0 for 1.
so, only the super hardcore player get anything an charge all the div for it, and now you have spend more time one making jewels.

[Removed by Support]

can't play golems as a starter until some sweat lord find out the puzzle of how to get the jewels, [Removed by Support]

MAKE LEFT CLICK GREAT AGAIN.
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Nov 14, 2022, 9:00:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info