3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

"
jack_aubrey wrote:
"
btw they are removing most comments that arent "pog" or "hype". that says enough about how well intentioned this balance manifesto is. hopefully some big dick streamer will say on youtube what i said here and got deleted

It comes across as bot comments to me. It doesn't make their announcements look good (as well as the game) because I'd rather read more than one word responses. I like reading what actual players think.

same. i generally just skip the first few pages and then go to page 3 or 4. in this case the jewel nerfs were hidden behind some very clever PR though, so i had to scroll like 10 pages before people started asking the more insightful questions like "heey, doesnt this mean most jewels wont have implicits anymore?" or "heeey, since you are adding ele avoid on jewels which is easy to get to begin with, its kinda expected that you will be removing it from other sources, no?"
Last edited by anusmaster3000 on Nov 14, 2022, 6:04:23 PM
The changes all sound cool. I want to believe that they will be cool. I do worry about a couple of things:

- will this be the same thing as "removing filler crafts" from Harvest?
- if all the jewels are desirable, will this increase build homogeneity because everyone will be using all the good ones?

A year ago I wouldn't be questioning the execution, but now I am. I hope that this pans out well.
I'm not sure if I want to play the next league, with all the nerfs.

If you need a Unique Jewel, do you have to corrupt now every Jewel you find?

As usual, a lot more grinding:(
Problem: Players have too good loot drops in 3.19
Solution: Nerf (DELETE) unique jewels drop.
WTF
ANOTHER NERF WAVE? WHY YOU PUNISHING US?? FOR NOTHING!
[Loot Removed by Support]
https://valid.x86.fr/cache/banner/22t8mi-2.png
IGN @SexyMilf
Last edited by ProGameZ on Nov 14, 2022, 6:09:29 PM
Making stuff that was widely available rare doesn't end well unless, like last league, you included buffs to those things. I understand and empathize with the hesitation, but I don't see this ending well.

If this comment section is seen at all as feedback to be onboarded I'll simply say I highly disagree with that change. Take more time, consider the full breath of options and implement only after you're able to justify making them rarer.

PS: Apologies if this comes off sounding very preachy lol. But I've seen this pattern before, I can already tell it's gonna be an unpopular change. Again, I just highly implore you, to sit on this one. Don't make jewels a problem, they're inoffensive and can't solve the major issues of the game (certainly not if it's done like this).

#MakeCraftingGreatAgain
#MakeMeleeGreatAgain
#MakeWraeclastGreatAgain
These changes sound neat to me! Keep up the good work.
Only thing I feel unsure about is expanding mod pool on jewels, because it seems saturated enough to me already.
Only the dead have seen the end of war.
-Plato
These are great changes, and I'm happy with them. I look forward to the rest.
I would appreciate it, if GGG could tease what happens to a few unique jewels. For example dead reckoning, rain of splinters and clear mind. This could make for good teasers and give us an idea, of what to expect.
Last edited by Gamingtwink on Nov 14, 2022, 6:25:20 PM
Read ok. I suppose the devil is in the details and implementation.
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info