3.20 Balance Manifesto: Jewels and Ailment Mitigation

Big fan of these changes overall.

I like the idea of vendor recipes and mystery deterministic sources for build enabling jewels, but I'm a bit concerned that some jewels are corruption only.

Since they were mostly cheap to trade for, spamming vaals on them was a great way to get corrupted blood immune and other implicits, making them feel like less of a wasted jewel slot. I'm hoping you're planning to allow implicits to roll when receiving these jewels through corruption but, even then, I suspect it will take significantly more time/currency to get both the desired jewel and a useful corruption on it.

Maybe you've thought of this and are either making this subset of jewels more powerful or providing other ways to source them with the potential for implicit mods, but wanted to voice my concern.

Either way, keep up the good work. Looking forward to future mini-manifestos.
Last edited by Hungry4Blood on Nov 14, 2022, 4:34:42 PM
Problem:

Players do not enjoy our Skinner box. Despite the continued beauty of Archnemesis and all the splendid gifts we give them, they continue to ask for incremental, consistent progression, like normal people, rather than buying scratch tickets, like the degenerate gamblers we want them to be.

Solution:

By studying addictive behaviour in other gamblers and drug users, we have concluded that the best solution is to delay players' gratification until they are trained to enjoy the Skinner box. The game is now balanced so that the same exciting philosophy that motivated Archnemesis is ubiquitous.
Have you ever considered trading the sword for the plow, Exile?
Last edited by hexadecima on Nov 14, 2022, 3:42:57 PM
"
devon752 wrote:
"
Riverwind77 wrote:
PROBLEM Most unique jewels are bad.
SOLUTION Buffing them so they're worth.

GGG's SOLUTION Removing them :D AAAAND, make the already good ones even more rare to get.

Nice! thats why i stopped playing this.

This so much lol

[Removed by Support]

Nobody in the entire world was saying, hey you know what, let's make uniques even more rare so people have to play longer. Because longer playtime = more enjoyment.

[Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Nov 14, 2022, 3:44:02 PM
This post is far away from being "exciting" as you used this word 3 times in this page.
All I read was you removed many jewels instead of buffing them and since not many jewels will drop of course it will be "exciting" to drop a 20div jewel!
Sorry but I'm not convinced :)
"
Ravagraid wrote:
I don't think most people reading here realise that "build defining jewels are now corruption only" means that not only are they gonna be fucking rare, they're also gonna be impossible to reroll or put a craft on.

"We're heavily nerfing the jewels so if you get one you better feel fucking happy" doesn't sound like a buff to me.

A larger pool of modifiers for the regular jewels also means chances of getting a good combination of mods is now smaller. saying the values of defensive stats on the jewels will be better is one thing, but it's worded so vaguely that it could literally be +0.5% improvement.

Either half the posts in the thread didn't read the post or are pogging cause they like to suffer?

+1

Insanely rare build defining unique jewels
+
The rare gems I already don't pick up because the chance of getting %life and two damage mods is incredibly low, now getting a wider mod pool
!=
pog
Mmm you smell so good today GGG
Every part of this manifesto just screams community disconnect to me.

All I see is more added mods and removing unique jewels to dilute the game even further till it dies before Path 2 is launched in a bare-bones state where no one will enjoy it.

Just bite the bullet and completely remove Unique jewels at this point, since you guys don't seem to like them. Then it will give you the freedom to add as many fluff mods as you want to into the pool.
I don't know man... While the rare jewel changes look dope, I can't understand this new mindset. Zizaran told Chris Wilson in an interview that Atziri's Disfavour was not a good item to be in the Uber Atziri's drop pool. Instead of reworking or buffing the item they put it into the normal Atziri's drop pool. This manifesto seems a lot similar to that for me. [Removed by Support] I don't understand why it is the only way to make unique jewels exciting is to remove them from the game and make the remaining ones rarer. Artificial scarcity doesn't make anything exciting or fun. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Kane_GGG on Nov 14, 2022, 3:50:22 PM
remeber guys, ONLY buy support pack AFTER test. Don't fall into the trap again! THX !!
Diluting the mod pool and removing uniques, while at the same time making them more rare. Why do you continue to try to pull the wool over the eyes of your community by referring to obvious nerfs as buffs/reworks. Just awful.
Last edited by Nadrik on Nov 14, 2022, 3:52:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info