Announcing Ruthless

AWESOME
HYPE
Making a game harder okay, i can understand that to a degree.

But reducing loot to almost 0?
Literally remove deterministic item farming and crafting?

I just dont see how thats supposed to be fun? Who likes a game with 100% rng, almost no items, almost no crafting, almost no anything?

I just dont get it.

I mean fine, if its just a flag to pick, fine whatever.

But please stop trying these things (in smaller scale) in the normal poe game. I think the majority of your community doesnt want more rng, they want less rng :)
Let's go baby old school Fellshrine runs!! I find this ruthless mode a literally old school Poe back in 2013-2015 where there were parties everywhere and every scroll of wisdom was a fight to get.
What can be more ruthless that league 3.19 lake of kalanra.??? What can be more ruthless then patch node 3.19? What can be more ruthless than all NERFS in 3.19??
I think il have seen the words things of this game.
Honestly Congrats to anyone who does gets in, This is amazing GG.
"
remixzwE wrote:
Making a game harder okay, i can understand that to a degree.

But reducing loot to almost 0?
Literally remove deterministic item farming and crafting?

I just dont see how thats supposed to be fun? Who likes a game with 100% rng, almost no items, almost no crafting, almost no anything?

I just dont get it.

I mean fine, if its just a flag to pick, fine whatever.

But please stop trying these things (in smaller scale) in the normal poe game. I think the majority of your community doesnt want more rng, they want less rng :)

HuH ? You want to take away what makes poe fun ?? i am so confused with your post
People, this mode is made for a group of players who have asked for it for years. Instead of complaining about a extra gamemode you can also just skip it. Its that simple!
I like the new game mode but i hate archnemesis monsters trolololol. Their mods feel so out of touch with the rest of the game. Skills like magma barrier for example mechanic wise theres nothing comparable close to it in form of skill gems or in the lore. All they resamble is overtuning ones monsters stats to the fullest without having any authentic flair to them, like they belong to another universe.

Im concerned that these Archnemesis mods just going to make ruthless simply toxic as hell instead of challenging and fun.
"
Balsache wrote:
"
Gems cannot be purchased from vendors.
When an Influenced Item is reforged or the Influenced Mod is removed, its influence is lost. Many deterministic items like Divination Cards or Oni-Goroshi cannot be obtained.
Most vendor recipes are not available.
The crafting bench cannot be accessed.
Almost all movement skills are not available in Ruthless.

Just tell us what is left instead of what is removed you would have made a shorter post.
Sounds like a thing that "could" be fun but when reality hits you and realize you gonna be able to pick only between a few caster builds and need to grind like crazy just for average rare gear don't know how the perception gonna evolve.

Alright your game mode it's not for me. Feels like pain train made a stop at grind city. As long as it stays isolated and this mindset doesn't go core i'm ok with this kind of weird pet project.
Curious to see how many people will give it a try & how many will be there after 8 days.
Maybe if i see some changes that would align with my personal taste i would give it a try but i doubt, sounds way too time-consuming for me to perceive it worth it.
GL & HF to those who find it interesting. Cheers.

A senior dev adds this mode in his free time for basically free without spending much ressources as a side project and people still complain that there is more variety in future leagues, saying GGG wasted their time on this.

It is okay to dislike it if it does not fit your liking but starting to project and pretend your (not you personally but people with similar sentiment) opinion = truth is a bit weird, i hope you understand.

There are (relatively) lots of people who will choose this mode as their new standard mode for various reasons. Be it old folks from closed/open beta or people that like a slowed down gearing process.

Have fun 0/

ps. I think Ruthless is still way easier than custom leagues.
In them you can permanently disable certain item rarities, flask recharges and make bosses way more difficult while Ruthless is basically just a slowed down gearing process.
Once you go above a certain threshold(different for each skills/builds) you gonna destroy content as it was before, since bosses are still the same.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 2, 2022, 10:13:38 AM
Interesting

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info