Announcing Ruthless

Two questions:

Will there anything be done against logout macros?

Because as it stands now, with the much lower overall player power, it will probably get abused a lot more often. It will super easy to avoid/ignore problematic enemies this way and with no cost. It can even be used to better cheese bosses - the post only said that bosses will regain health on player death.

I'm in favor of escaping to town via a Portal Scroll if something gets too hard, but I feel like logout macros fundamentally go against the spirit of "Ruthless". In almost all cases it's as good as a portal scroll, especially with the reduced loot, but it's also an instant life saver (and honestly, simply "lame").

Also, will the progress of the "Alpha Test" that will start soon/the "Beta Test" during the 3.20 release stay?

It was mentioned that mid-league adjustments for the "Beta" will most likely happen, but I'm not sure if something like a wipe is planned if fundamental problems get discovered.

I have the same question about the "Alpha". Considering the giant time investment of Ruthless, I'm currently wondering if I should apply if the progress gets wiped afterwards. Will the progress we made during the "Alpha" stay?
Last edited by ChanceWolf on Nov 2, 2022, 7:45:21 AM
Is Ruthless available on consoles?
OK Gems cannot be purchased. but we can take gems from quests, except siosa quest?
not for me! i hope 3.20 is good news. D4 is come in soon guys! hope u do the right thing!
i want to subscribe
"
crunkatog wrote:
NGL I was honestly a little excited about it when I first heard about it, because I assumed (wrongly) any mode based on extreme punishment and arbitrary scarcity would be HCSSF to boot.

The fact that trade leagues will exist under the Ruthless banner, seems just meshuggeh.

I was looking forward to seeing naked witches rolling into act 5 still using the big trusty ol' bonkwood they found in the mud flats after punching Hillock to liver paté with their dainty, blush-knuckled bare hands, because they hadn't found a skill gem yet, and speccing into melee strike range would be #1 op tree strat for all the bonkers. Meanwhile big thicc marauder clutching two tiny little mismatched glowsticks, one in each massive fist, rubbing them together furiously to create a few tiny sparks and trying to push his tree up towards Divine Judgment/Wrath so he can actually kill a whole rhoa instead of subsisting on a diet of zapped roaches and crabs.

You know it, I know it, trade league no matter how much arbitrary hardship is still gonna be *cues Yakety Sax*

I wanted to play it before, now I especially want to play because of that fantastic description. Baffled marauder trying to hit things with his wand (sorry, glowstick) while beeing too dumb even to use the next glowstick up... love it.

However I will also want to be playing it in company - we have regular "group-found" sessions in our guild, where we group and share what drops as needed but don't trade with anyone outside (or any of our other accounts, even). So pure SSF would block this. And I think in general grouping, maybe even PUGs, will be more popular than for a long while as survival is helped by numbers.

Rather than (blocking grouping to block trade), what I would prefer is (blocking trade). There are a few ways this might be done:
- account-bound on pickup, logging the owner account on the item, though this is is probably too restrictive
- account-bound on crafting, so that an item locks to the crafting account if modified
- group-bound on drop, so that anyone in the group when something dropped can pick up an item thereafter (probably would need a larger code change to log account IDs against each item)
- allow trading only after a minimum period with the characters grouped together, maybe 1-2 hour minimum - trade would then really have weight!
The last way would seem most fitting for Wraeclast... you don't trade with someone you haven't worked with for a while.
Looking for a mature guild to play with?
http://www.guildmedieval.com
Courtesy, Integrity, Fair Play.

I understand this is a role playing game, but I don't think the best role to play should be shopkeeper. - AlteraxPoe
Man I'm excited to watch some Ruthless SSC HC RACES in 3.21 !
Masochist hell, with less build diversity than ever. The game is becoming boring with each year
I was on board until i read the movement skill removals..

Personally i really like the older ARPGs, but the one thing i always miss in those are the free-to-aim-movement-skills. It just feels bad.

"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
Sp4rkillz wrote:
Hey Team,

This sounds pretty exciting but I was a little concerned about some interactions which require movement skills e.g Grasping vines.

Is this something to take into consideration or is this part of the challenge?

Thanks!

It's something we'll take in consideration. The way we're looking at it is if a mechanic is impossible without being able to teleport away, it should be changed for both Ruthless and the core game.

Please don´t adjust the core game around that!
I feel like it is a removal of an axis of skill expression in a fight, when you just can outrun mechanics and don´t have to really react, time and save your moveskill-charges for a slam or similar stuff.

edit: from a "normal movespeed" (130-150%) char's point of view, of course it´s absolutely ok for me, when a 400% movespeed char can outrun a slam :D
Last edited by aggrofee on Nov 2, 2022, 6:56:58 AM
So GGG wants us to waste more time with their game?Since POE main point is wasting players time to slow down progression ruthless seems meh....
"
SidewaysStare wrote:
Hopefully this doesn't bleed over

you say that... but it has been for like 2 years now

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info