Announcing Ruthless

We already been playing ruthless in this league.

I see no difference between this and the current status of the game.
Diablo 2 > Diablo 1 > Diablo 4 > Diablo > Torchlight > Titan Quest > Grim Dawn > Diablo Immortal > Path of Exile 2 > Path of Exile.
i hope they let us be happy in the "normal" mode, now that they have their hard mode to play with
It's good for "the vision" and vision lovers.

Now, bring back old PoE for us in the next patch.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
Ahzr wrote:
I love everything about this. The only drawback I see is the following quote:

"
Ruthless uses separate item filter files which must be created specifically for it. If players used regular Path of Exile ones then they would filter out items that are actually very useful in Ruthless.

Ideally, item filters wouldn't be necessary because items are so scarce :)

There is no default item filter in Ruthless for this reason.

Item filters are useful for more than just filtering out bad items. You really don't want to lose something valuable because it dropped off screen. This is why racers use custom filters to add map icons and sounds for things like portal scrolls and BBG items in early acts.

For that reason serious players will always use item filters even if virtually nothing drops. So if your only reason for not having a default filter is that it's not necessary, well, I would personally reconsider.

Of course if that's more of a feature than a bug so to speak then carry on I guess.
I had never posted on the forum before. I am not a great player. But I love the idea of this game mode, it will make the campaign so much more fun. And campaign is the most fun part of a game already.
This is my first post ever (despite playing since 2013) and I just wanted to confirm that Chris and the other head devs know exactly what they're doing and the direction of Ruthless shows just how depthful their knowledge of what made D2 magical and interesting is.

Bravo, I have never been this excited for any feature as much as this.
Last edited by Hufer on Nov 2, 2022, 5:53:00 AM
Man this looks insane and fascinating. I especially am curious about how the Movement / Influence / Flask changes will shift the way the game is played. Really excited for this to release and give it a go. Hope I get into the Alpha but well see c:

Hope the filter line just means that normal league filters will be hindered. As someone above mentioned they help with know if something valuable has dropped (especially off screen) and I hope this doesn't mean it will require added work. Cant really make a filter myself without filterblade xD

Also not too sure on the Flask changes. Theoretically Portals would already be valuable with the scarcity of items and currency and I think off first impression the added walk to an NPC would just be tedious. I could be wrong however and maybe said scarcity would also just limit how often or how reliant you are on flasks. Rejuv Totem time ? Omg I haven't even considered Mana. This is gonna be wild :D
just sitting here to watch this game mode die. Who even thought that's what majority of poe players want...
It's not what the majority want. It's what a specific few want, and it's actually pretty cool. It's likely not for me (I might try it out here and there), but I hope those who are into it enjoy it!
Good. Now plz undo all the "vision" changes and put them all into Ruthless.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info