Announcing Ruthless

Looking good. Glad you took up the suggestion of lowering gem XP to prevent a hegemonic caster meta.

Basically it seems perfect for people (like me) who like the 'item drops actually matter' aspects of SSF, but not the forced solo aspect.

Definitely will be playing this at some point in 3.20. Maybe league start, maybe a little way in to the league.

Wasn't expecting div cards to be turned off, but that will be an interesting change. Ditto the jewellery bases being rare. Farming 'The Lover' and 'The Opulent' were on my radar as options, well, not any more.

Moveskills being gone rather than just nerfed hard surprised me. This will make movespeed on gear 100% essential.

Two things that should change though: HC ruthless being parented to Void just seems pointless, and item drops being unallocated is just an obnoxious decision that makes out-of-game blacklists essential.
Le Toucan Will Return
Please make a permanent version of it and don't migrate anything in to that league.

I like the idea but only as a standalone permanent league, as a temp version there simply won't be enough time to make it fun.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27
"
sirgog wrote:

Two things that should change though: HC ruthless being parented to Void just seems pointless, and item drops being unallocated is just an obnoxious decision that makes out-of-game blacklists essential.

Agree with the HC chars being voided not really making a lot of sense, but I like the unallocated loot. It's just FFA. Don't see why you would need a blacklist. Whoever picks up the item gets the item. How would you even know who's it 'rightfully' is? If you join a public group, you get an easier time clearing, but they can pick up loot just like you. Adds some nice player interaction. Sounds pretty sweet to me. Not like many people join public groups in the first place.
"
In Ruthless, the quantity of items dropped has been massively reduced throughout all game content.

I see this as a buff: less item spam on the screen and the eyes. With filters this may actually be rather pleasant.
I never figured this would be a major thing for me but I was at least toying with the idea of maybe trying it out of curiosity until I got to the bit about movement skills.

A few months ago someone on reddit posted a comic where the punchline was the protagonist yelling "That's not a challenge, it's just an INCONVENIENCE!" and the character she was yelling at mumbling, on the verge of tears, "I don't understand the difference!"

I take it the team saw it too?
Awakened Combustion Support when?
"
NoIguanaForZ wrote:
I never figured this would be a major thing for me but I was at least toying with the idea of maybe trying it out of curiosity until I got to the bit about movement skills.

A few months ago someone on reddit posted a comic where the punchline was the protagonist yelling "That's not a challenge, it's just an INCONVENIENCE!" and the character she was yelling at mumbling, on the verge of tears, "I don't understand the difference!"

I take it the team saw it too?

I expect them to abandon this idea and instead implement movement skills with significantly reduced cooldown recovery rates. It would make much more sense than outright removing them. This'll just force everyone to grab as much movement speed on the tree and gear as possible and it's not a healthy change.
Sounds pretty fun we are finally getting it! Different kind of extra challenge and reward for those into it, count me in.

Gem drops being actually meaningful ✨👀✨
Can you make a separate challenge tab for Ruthless with unique MTX? I will reach pinnacle bosses in ruthless if you add some sick rewards for it.
Definitely not the POE for me. But I’ll be interested to follow the progress of those tackling it. :)
It will convert your forum titles into decorative square badges that use the space next to your forum posts more economically so that you can show off an unlimited number of them at any one time. - GGG, 2018 (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3573673)
This post was sounding good until i got to the part about movement skills. Sorry, pass. That doesn't sound fun at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info