Announcing Ruthless

finally, those hardcore people can play this mode without bothering us casuals
I was super "HELL-YA" until I get to the no movement skills bit :S
Not even Lightning Warp? :P

For real though, what is left after that list?
"
glorkle wrote:
To give feedback on ruthless itself: I really like the direction (and a lot of the specifically mentioned changes like map droprate), but I'm really curious about the specifics of player power. There's lowered droprates. Ok, sounds dope. Except ascendancies alone can carry you through a1-10. Are you gonna balance those at all so people don't just go necro or whatever the generic best solo ascendancy is and clear everything in all whites?

Have to earn the ascendency first though... not saying that's gonna be insanely difficult, but I doubt it will be easy.
Super excited for this mode!

Already thinking of how to build a successful ruthless char.

Edit - do we get the guaranteed support gem at the start still? Just for muling purposes. :P
Last edited by kinglejosh on Nov 1, 2022, 6:47:36 PM
Sounds great. It feels like a brand new ARPG and of course I'll give it an honest try.

Some questions:

What's the deal with "Challenges will not be enabled in Ruthless in 3.20."? It's significantly harder than normal mode, why not let us complete challenges?

Is cyclone in or out?
This game mode has huge potential
So, Archnemesis will be exclusive to Ruthless, right?

Right?
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
thor777 wrote:
Sounds exciting! How will stash tabs work this mode? If existing stash tabs can be used, someone with extra tabs might have an advantage over those that don't.

There is no change to the way stash tabs function.

Thanks for the reply. I guess if you're not getting too many items to begin with, extra tabs won't make too much of a difference.

Can't wait for this mode to come!
Last edited by thor777 on Nov 1, 2022, 6:44:40 PM
nice :)
Nice, now push all the friction you want in ruthless and leave softcore alone and fun.

Gl to the 4 guys who will be playing this mode.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info