Announcing Ruthless

Two feedback points:

Charged dash is the only skill for which I bought MTX for. This makes me sad. I will still likely sign up for alpha!

The Pillars of Arun unique map should also be disabled as there isn't access to movement skills to bridge the gap.
I. Love. You. GGG.
"
EzequielD11 wrote:
Nice, now push all the friction you want in ruthless and leave softcore alone and fun.

Gl to the 4 guys who will be playing this mode.

I'm pretty sure a lot of people will give this mode a try but most of them will quit before act 2. GGG has a lot of work to do to keep the balance between the challenging features and the annoying features.

Personally I'll enjoy ruthless at the beginning but once people start clearing maps in 1 minute with queen of the forest deadeye builds, it won't be as fun anymore.

In addition, this manifesto doesn't say anything about magic find gear. So I'm guessing magic find gear will be available in ruthless mode, which beats the whole purpose of ruthless.
Last edited by auspexa on Nov 1, 2022, 7:14:19 PM
So you're not supposed to get to maps or red maps or bosses. What is point then?

I mean, I consider myself a ruthless player but without anything to aspire to there is little point in the self-mutilation.
"
Nepenthess wrote:
I was super "HELL-YA" until I get to the no movement skills bit :S
Not even Lightning Warp? :P

For real though, what is left after that list?

Flicker strike :) Flicker to enemy, kill it with other skill. Repeat.
TLDR. this is "the vision" manifesto
Lab is 0 fun. Free the ascension points from lab
Grind mode. Nothing described in this entire post can't be overcome by grinding. Unless there are some more unannounced difficulty changes planned, there's nothing "ruthless" about this.

With that being said, I'll still play it.
"
otinanai2 wrote:

What's the deal with "Challenges will not be enabled in Ruthless in 3.20."? It's significantly harder than normal mode, why not let us complete challenges?

It's likely that we'll allow challenges to be completed in Ruthless from 3.21 onward. It's disabled for 3.20 because some challenges may not be completable in Ruthless.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
"
otinanai2 wrote:

What's the deal with "Challenges will not be enabled in Ruthless in 3.20."? It's significantly harder than normal mode, why not let us complete challenges?

It's likely that we'll allow challenges to be completed in Ruthless from 3.21 onward. It's disabled for 3.20 because some challenges may not be completable in Ruthless.

3.21+ challenges will be 'easy' enough to complete in Ruthless? This is a buff*!

(*until it's clarified that I'm wrong, and then I'm sad)
cant wait :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info