Announcing Ruthless

The optics would have been better if this were lumped into a post including changes coming in 3.20, if there really were not many resources spent on it. I want to know what good you've been working on for 3.20. It doesn't leave a good taste in the mouth.
All I can do is hope for PoE salvation in the next patch.... this just sounds like a meme mode honestly.
Its gonna be hilarious to see people hyped up to try this

then quit and never get anywhere in ruthless

It's like people hyped before war and once in the trenches they realize this blows and they want out
this is like experiencing christmas and the super bowl at the same time
"
ebrl wrote:
This is one of the most puzzling things in the history of PoE. I have no idea why anyone would find this appealing - I mean, I'm sure someone will actually play it and love it, but the target audience for this is infinitesimal. You say it "is not consuming significant development resources" - in my opinion, any development resources put into it are being completely wasted. Tell these senior designers to spend more time with their family instead of thinking about how they could turn PoE into the most unimaginable slog for 18 goddamn months.

Unless, of course, it is some really elaborate joke at the expense of players who keep complaining about how nothing ever drops and how the game is too hard or too unfair or something along these lines, to show them how the game would be if it was anything like they claim it is - in which case, bravo.

I find it appealing. Extremely appealing. I find it appealing enough that I actually bothered to log in here and respond to you and this thread when I've barely touched the game in the last few years. This kinda game mode sounds like it's being made specifically for me. Loved the game in 1.0 outside of desync. Talisman came out, hated it, quit for a while, and now I barely touch the game cause of the ridiculous whirlwind of dopamine it's become. You might not be into that kinda slower paced gameplay, but I am.

To give feedback on ruthless itself: I really like the direction (and a lot of the specifically mentioned changes like map droprate), but I'm really curious about the specifics of player power. There's lowered droprates. Ok, sounds dope. Except ascendancies alone can carry you through a1-10. Are you gonna balance those at all so people don't just go necro or whatever the generic best solo ascendancy is and clear everything in all whites? You also mention disallowing master crafting, but harvest crafting is still in? Beast crafting is still in? Previous league mechanics will be less prevalent, but they'll all still be present? Will cluster jewels still have the same stats they have now? Sounds like you're still going to be breezing through the game once you get a gear setup going, but it's going to take you longer to get that setup. But that's just conjecture til more news gets out and I can try it/see it for myself. I'm very excited to see what's next.
I appreciate this is being released alongside the December expansion.

However please can you confirm it is a parallel feature being released and is not instead taking the place of ordinary content slated for release as part of the expansion?

I think a big concern for a lot of players will be losing dev time (and loss of functionality/features/depth in the new challenge league mechanics) and GGG feeling a suitable substitute for this is a feature which 90% of the player base won’t realistically engage with.
Wait, I thought Kalandra was Ruthless mode?
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men.
You know you could have advertised it as a "classic diablo2-mode" from the start, instead of using the term : "No items-mode" which is totally contradictory to the basic laws of Arpg-physics.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
I never post on the forums here, but golly, this is just what I want. I might not be pro enough to handle it but I will probably have fun getting my soul crushed all the same!
"
zeroniss1 wrote:
I appreciate this is being released alongside the December expansion.

However please can you confirm it is a parallel feature being released and is not instead taking the place of ordinary content slated for release as part of the expansion?

Ruthless is additional content coming out alongside the 3.20 expansion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info