Announcing Ruthless

"
Sp4rkillz wrote:
Hey Team,

This sounds pretty exciting but I was a little concerned about some interactions which require movement skills e.g Grasping vines.

Is this something to take into consideration or is this part of the challenge?

Thanks!

It's something we'll take in consideration. The way we're looking at it is if a mechanic is impossible without being able to teleport away, it should be changed for both Ruthless and the core game.
"
BearCares wrote:
Will you disable Energy Blade? Because I imagine it will directly violate your core Ruthless principles especially on an Inquisitor.

The current plan is to keep Energy Blade but due to the nature of Ruthless, it's harder to get Energy Shield.
cooooooo
I'm not a great player or toon builder, but I will give this a try to see if I can get through Act 1.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
SageMac wrote:
Ruthless should have been a November event for testing purposes.

Alpha testing is taking place alongside the other events so it somewhat serves as an additional event type for those who are interested.
"
ArtaEva wrote:
Will try, actually didn't understand so for quests gems won't be awarded either right?
Thought Dash will be kept actually, oh well =)

Literally the fist gem in the removed list.....
"
Ahzr wrote:
I love everything about this. The only drawback I see is the following quote:

"
Ruthless uses separate item filter files which must be created specifically for it. If players used regular Path of Exile ones then they would filter out items that are actually very useful in Ruthless.

Ideally, item filters wouldn't be necessary because items are so scarce :)

There is no default item filter in Ruthless for this reason.
NGL I was honestly a little excited about it when I first heard about it, because I assumed (wrongly) any mode based on extreme punishment and arbitrary scarcity would be HCSSF to boot.

The fact that trade leagues will exist under the Ruthless banner, seems just meshuggeh.

I was looking forward to seeing naked witches rolling into act 5 still using the big trusty ol' bonkwood they found in the mud flats after punching Hillock to liver paté with their dainty, blush-knuckled bare hands, because they hadn't found a skill gem yet, and speccing into melee strike range would be #1 op tree strat for all the bonkers. Meanwhile big thicc marauder clutching two tiny little mismatched glowsticks, one in each massive fist, rubbing them together furiously to create a few tiny sparks and trying to push his tree up towards Divine Judgment/Wrath so he can actually kill a whole rhoa instead of subsisting on a diet of zapped roaches and crabs.

You know it, I know it, trade league no matter how much arbitrary hardship is still gonna be *cues Yakety Sax*
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
thor777 wrote:
Sounds exciting! How will stash tabs work this mode? If existing stash tabs can be used, someone with extra tabs might have an advantage over those that don't.

There is no change to the way stash tabs function.
Should make and test auction house for ruthless haha.

The Rich Get Richer, the Po Stay Po.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info