What to Expect Over the Coming Months

With the implementation of Ruthless, how are you going to make sure player numbers in TRADE Hardcore go up?

Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
i expect to craft some nice double fracture items in std after league ends.

i did not do a single metacraft this league although i had some 50-60 raw divines at some point. the divine change in itself was also useless - ive spend some 15 divines on a unique and im never doing that again. from my perspective divines currently are worthless - im doing nothing with them but use them as a trade currency.
Finally Hard mode for the "expert players" and streamers so GGG has not ruin the game for everyone with life as side project.
But I also hope they wont switch too much to the other side and make normal mode faceroll easy with diablo 3 like speed in gear progression.
more scarcity in ruthless mode ;)))))))
i can barely work around the scarcity in any existing mode as a casual player lol
thx
WeonBakan
3.13 plus the Atlas tree please.

Buff melee.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Problem- In 3.19 we restructured loot and how it drops. Attaching it to AN mobs, and making loot goblins a thing. Which everyone hates.

Solution- In 3.20 we will add Ruthless mode, we just remove the loot.

"Best idea ever"
-Said no one
Last edited by McHamm3rSh0t on Oct 14, 2022, 2:13:12 PM
By the way ruthless mode already exists: It is called Console server where no good items exist.
I just don't really get Ruthless mode. Who is asking for this? You already had one of the grindiest, hardcore streamers in AlkaizerX quit the league because the loot sucks and the game is way too grindy and not fun. He made a comparison about snipping an inch off of you know what and replacing it with nothing. Ruthless is lopping the whole thing off and then bragging about how epic and hardcore you are. I originally feared it would kill SSFHC, but once the novelty wears off, I think most people won't want to play it outside of the prestige of being the first person to take down the bosses in the mode and it will be wasted dev time. You basically made a mode exclusively for Ben, Nick and tie23 to play and no one else... This whole thing feels like hubris. It seems like you guys feel like your players aren't hardcore enough for you or something and you dislike developing the game for us. Most people's idea of a hard mode is scaled up monsters that would still be rewarding instead of punishing you.
Tencentorship
Last edited by jrv209 on Oct 14, 2022, 2:23:44 PM
"
jrv209 wrote:
I just don't really get Ruthless mode. Who is asking for this? You already had one of the grindiest, hardcore streamers in AlkaizerX quit the league because the loot sucks and the game is way too grindy and not fun. He made a comparison about snipping an inch off of you know what and replacing it with nothing. Ruthless is lopping the whole thing off and then bragging about how epic and hardcore you are. I originally feared it would kill SSFHC, but once the novelty wears off, I think most people won't want to play it outside of the prestige of being the first person to take down the bosses in the mode and it will be wasted dev time. You basically made a mode exclusively for Ben, Nick and tie23 to play and no one else... This whole thing feels like hubris. It seems like you guys feel like your players aren't hardcore enough for you or something and you dislike developing the game for us. Most people's idea of a hard mode is scaled up monsters that would still be rewarding instead of punishing you.

I wanted more scarce loot. Probably other people who enjoy trade wanted it. It's not for everyone, that's fine but don't tell that no one asked because a lot of people kept asking for it and it was in development for quite a while.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info