Additional Upcoming Changes

just revert all changes stop being stubborn your ruining such a great game!!!
your vision need sunglasses
"
AngryC00kieZ wrote:
Yeah.. so I got multiple goblins dropping multiple divines and winged scarabs.. so what? This isn't fun, did you play this version of the game? Does it feel nice? Do you have that.. maybe I drop a Mageblood or HH or Apothecary feeling? No you didn't, cause the drop rates are crap, the chances of droping a big ticket item are extremely low.

What's the purpose of the game.. finding loot goblins? To what... get, 4-5-6 divines.. so what, that's not fun, do alch and go maps, even less fun - me and a lot of other players like to gear up, juice our maps and play them, get a return from the maps so we can sustain the farm, and once in a while get a valuable item... that makes the farm worth it, that makes the farm fun, expecting to get that big drop, and getting it.

You introduced AN mods.. after endless patches and modifications to them, they still don't work, and you still won't change them. You nerfed the loot, and introduced this early 2000's crappy loot goblin mechanic which generated the cull meta and you have no solution for it. You nerfed crafting to the point where it just feels bad to craft anything. You nerfed HH again. You introduced the worst league in years. The whole game is an RNG fiasco, from mapping to crafting to absolutely everything and it's just bad.

And you don't want to fix it.. because of the god damn "vision" which I don't think you understand anymore.

You made an absolutely marvellous game, I spent a lot of time playing it with my friends, had tons of fun, and want to thank you for it... but you managed to break it in just one patch, and, instead of fixing it, you go further and further with this nonsense changes.

I think next patch will be the make or breake for this game... hope you listen to the community, the people who love and support POE, and make it fun again.

Bumping this message
"
For magic monsters only: we're disabling on-death ground effects for the Incendiary modifier. We're also disabling volatiles from spawning on death when a monster with the Toxic modifier is slain.

This is the only thing in these notes that's actually helpful...and it should have never been in the game in the first place. On-death volatiles have always been a thing that was straight-up NOT FUN for anybody...so you added more? Ty for finally fixing this.

I keep checking back here every week to see if they finally decided to make the game fun again... but every single post/notes I read just continue to drain my hope.

There've been plenty of "Lets try this" changes over the years...and that's good and healthy! But in the past you've always fixed the mistakes when the players aren't having fun and stop playing... Until now.

I'm not against AN as a concept...but literally just having more than one AN mod at a time ruins the entire design philosophy. How you guys are not understanding this is daunting. And it still affects the loot table???

Sadge continued. Sucks to watch your favorite game just fall over like this. Some of the people I usually play POE with even resorted to LEAGUE OF LEGENDS for god's sakes...Yikes.
Mobile games have better trading...
Was about to start the new league after a few years pause from this game.

As even I can see, this league isn't fun in terms of the recent updates.

PoE Youtubers/Streamers are quitting so shit it is apparently.

What shocks me is even with heavy critic, GGG isn't acknowledge the apparent problem.

For old and new players this is a problem. I don't see many new players coming to this game once they see, everyone before could have a fun and exciting looting experience.

Not saying it isn't fun anymore, just it feels like a cheap shot of previous versions of the game.

Was actually pretty excited to jump into the league and spent my 100+ hours on it.

Well, now im searching an other game to play. If they do it better than you guys, maybe I will stay longer and leave PoE completly.

The players feel spit at GGG. Acknowledge it finally and get back the players that maybe already left.
fail
I'm not a hardcore player at all - so please don't hate. This is actually my first forum post. I do not profess to be an expert on the game, and there is a lot I simply don't know which is undeniable. I've played off and on for over a year. I've only managed to get one character to level 90 out the 14+ characters I have most of which are somewhere between level 70-80 something. This is just feedback from my point of view.

The game is in a horrible state right now. In its current state, POE feels insanely complicated, ridiculously punishing, and extremely unrewarding. Quite frankly it's not very fun at all. Honestly, it feels like I've just been wasting my time. After playing regardless of how long when someone logs on, shouldn't the player feel like they are making progress and rewarded for the time spent in game killing stuff each time they play? Wishful thinking on my part?

Loot drops just suck to put it politely. I could use more colorful language, but I won't. I rarely ever get an item I can use, and crafting is insanely complex and not softcore user friendly at all. I shouldn't have to watch hours on end of Youtube videos and reference several websites in a attempt to craft something or learn anything else about the game. The mechanics should be in the game to guide the player in learning how to craft things or do things. That is just poor game design, period. Don't blame the player for poor game design. Getting the materials needed to craft something has been insanely difficult given the obscenely low drop rates. Currency drops stink period. I'm sick of seeing trash drop 99.9% of the time. If i'm lucky I might get one chaos orb every few hours on a good day.

Monsters feel too punishing. Boss fights feel more like a zerg fest. The loss of experience penalty for dying is just downright discouraging and punishing. You should get rid of that. I'm sick and tired of getting one shotted by random mobs with no chance of surviving and not having a clue as to why I died.

As a softcore player you hit a plateau and come to realize you are just wasting your time since you can no longer progress in level or power, and the pathetic paltry rewards you do get "if you are lucky" simply do not justify the time investment you spent in game to make it worth while. What does that leave softcore players with to do? Try yet another new toon and hope that the next build guide you watch and read about will make a difference? Lately, this is just an exercise in futility.

When you do fix the things the hardcore players are complaining about you should also take a hard look at how to make the softcore experience more user-friendly to bridge the gap between hardcore and softcore players - eliminating the insanity that is the complexity of your build and crafting mechanics required to progress because of poor game design. Fix the loot and currency drops. Make the game feel worthwhile for the time investment. Otherwise your softcore players will hit a plateau and quit - which is what I am seriously considering doing. I'm right there on the precipice.

You hear from the hardcore players all the time. Well, I'm just one of the softcore players who is extremely frustrated. Please listen to your player base - both the hardcore and softcore players, or you will drive them both away, permanently.

Just my two cents...
Failure to release fixes before the next patch will simply result in a scuffed league launch next league as well.

The next league should be a major release and every one of these major releases SHOULD result in +15-25% player base year over year.

You've simply been treading water and more and more people are losing patience, faster into each league. Let's have a smooth league launch in 3.20. And that means finding solutions to problems of 3.19 NOW rather than kicking the can down the road to 3.20 or beyond.
Last edited by Andvareel on Sep 15, 2022, 11:23:42 PM
Not just DEAD league, DEAD game.

R.I.P
Hmmmmm yes the floor here is made out of floor
Very nice of you to have phys immun AN mobs in blight encounters with 99999999999 hp regen/sec, i couldnt kill this boss with bleed gladiator which destroys everything, and i had to quickly relog on EA elementalist with 20c budget to kill that boss. GOOD BALANCE TY ALOT
Last edited by Ra_tatatatat on Sep 16, 2022, 12:37:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info