widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
Alysma wrote:
"
Previously it was possible to manually set the aspect ratio of the Path of Exile client to be very short and wide, allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once. A limit needed to be set. Because of server serialisation distances, this maximum aspect ratio is currently set to 21:9. This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish. We are looking at being able to increase this in the future.

This note was accidentally missed from the patch notes. We're very sorry for that oversight.

You missed it. First reply too. It seems people defending ultra wide are just extra fond of overusing fallacies to try and discredit others.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Jun 21, 2024, 1:36:15 PM
"
tackle70 wrote:
1 year, 308 days

Fix it

1 year, 308 days

of your own hardware being the problem.
Fix it
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
1 year, 309 days

Black bars are not acceptable or defensible

Fix it
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Might I suggest a pair of floral curtains custom made to fit over the black bars on your monitor to hide them. You can then pretend that you are in the cinema.

First world problems. Sheesh.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
When briefly scrolling through this thread again I noticed that:

It was started by someone who isn't the person asking if to be fixed every day or so.

Most people I saw early on don't like the bars. There were a lot of people saying it was done to fix advantage in Royale mode or some very specific campaign/map skips that can still be done in windowed mode.

A lot of pointless antagonism. Like the black bars look bad imo. GGG should have continued supporting the resolution by doing more work (admittedly a lot more work, but worth it to keep customers happy) instead of just unsupporting a resolution with an unlisted patch note change until people complained. It is funny a lot of people defending this vaguely imply GGG is too inept to fix it or support uw.

Not really my fight either way. This whole thing is very funny though.
"
tackle70 wrote:
1 year, 309 days

Black bars are not acceptable or defensible

Fix it

1 year, 309 days

Black bars are a acceptable solution for many valid reasons across many games.

Fix your own hardware.
1 year, 310 days

Fix it
It was already proven in this topic, that UW is about paid advantage in content like delve.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
tackle70 wrote:
1 year, 310 days

Fix it

1 year, 310 days,

Fix your own hardware
1 year, 311 days

black bars are neither acceptable nor defensible

Fix it