widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
Nomancs wrote:

Because it is not broken lol :D Some builds are better at clear, some are better at bossing - making all builds same would be boring and that would be bad game design - something even amateur game dev should know.

I was speaking about reliable offscreen range, not about single target vs clear or relative dps lol :D. But even if we go offtopic to what you talk about, poe is broken there too. From the top of my head minions, totems, mines, coc with ice spear, EA (with GMP swap), work equally effective on both clearing and bossing, measured in content completion time. On the other hand, a lot of skills are equally shit at any challenge. Maybe the latter work if you are rolling in mirrors, idk, never had one.

Flavor difference of skills is fine, pushing it to absurd heights and investment levels is not.
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
Nomancs wrote:

Because it is not broken lol :D Some builds are better at clear, some are better at bossing - making all builds same would be boring and that would be bad game design - something even amateur game dev should know.

I was speaking about reliable offscreen range, not about single target vs clear or relative dps lol :D. But even if we go offtopic to what you talk about, poe is broken there too. From the top of my head minions, totems, mines, coc with ice spear, EA (with GMP swap), work equally effective on both clearing and bossing, measured in content completion time. On the other hand, a lot of skills are equally shit at any challenge. Maybe the latter work if you are rolling in mirrors, idk, never had one.

Flavor difference of skills is fine, pushing it to absurd heights and investment levels is not.

It aint broken, lol :D making skills work same is boooring.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
What about using same league starters over and over? Not boooring?:) Tradition of "need to rake up a bucket of divines before switching to the build I actually want to play this league" speaks for itself about poe balance.
"
Echothesis wrote:
speaks for itself about poe balance.

Doesn't speak for balance, it speaks for the players. Personally, I play something different every time, but even then.. playing something that works for 2 or 3 days and then switching to the next build isn't bad at all.

But what does any of that have to do with UW support? Ugh, tangents.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
Echothesis wrote:
What about using same league starters over and over? Not boooring?:) Tradition of "need to rake up a bucket of divines before switching to the build I actually want to play this league" speaks for itself about poe balance.

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Doesn't speak for balance, it speaks for the players.

Indeed, if Echo finds playing same build over and over boring, then he can play some other build, sounds like self imposed problem - there is so many starters out there to try... Suddenly it is not about UW but about currency again, seems like UW is out of arguments.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
"
Nomancs wrote:

Indeed, if Echo finds playing same build over and over boring, then he can play some other build, sounds like self imposed problem - there is so many starters out there to try... Suddenly it is not about UW but about currency again, seems like UW is out of arguments.

They have only ever touched Witch and Scion. So it really is just a self imposed problem giving that they've never tried and of the so many builds out there.

Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
As for my Scions, choice was never about build, this character is the only model I can look at. (Witch has horrible "knees inside" animation and most armor meshes twisting on belly) :)
"
Echothesis wrote:
As for my Scions, choice was never about build, this character is the only model I can look at. (Witch has horrible "knees inside" animation and most armor meshes twisting on belly) :)

This explains a lot about you and your arguments. Here and in other threads.

If that tiny speck of insignificant visual detail is THAT important to you that it is literally game breaking.....no wonder you are going off on all these hundreds of visual tangents with no actual gameplay evidence backup.

No wonder UW removal hit you SO HARD. Apparently you don't really go past the initial visual information and into the actual game itself, if it isn't absolutely perfect.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jun 18, 2024, 3:32:35 PM
By now, not going to record gameplay because stopped playing poe at all. But so far discussion is going very splendidly, 5 knights all trying to discredit me personally instead of addressing actual UW points, lol.

With your amount of poe knowledge, if you could respond more directly about why said points were wrong, you'd have done that instead of sifting through my account.

Finally, if it's THAT important, I theorycrafted other ascendancies with my friends who played them, though admittedly this was like half a year ago last time. Not interested in playing left-bottom side of the tree myself.
"
Echothesis wrote:
By now, not going to record gameplay because stopped playing poe at all. But so far discussion is going very splendidly, 5 knights all trying to discredit me personally instead of addressing actual UW points, lol.
No one is trying to discredit you, you are doing a great job at doing that yourself. Remember when you claimed several other arpg's support the resolutions in question just fine, when in fact, they do not?

Here is a reminder:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3294819/page/137#p25341199

So in fact, while it is apparent that you don't play on an ultrawide yourself, I fail to see how you are affected or for starters, constantly derail this topic to begin with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info