widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
Echothesis wrote:
Black bars is poor man's decision compared to alternatives desribed above many times.

Some people will always be unhappy about something, especially when they want to be. Alternatives you mentioned were equaly or even more bad.
"
Echothesis wrote:
With GGG's messiah ambitions they show off when rolling another patch of turning the balance upside down or deleting Standard players resources without as much as public acknowledgement, they could handle UW problems better.

So it all boils down to currency again… If currency is the prime reason of black bar’s critique - it shows that it was a good call
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
It is not about currency, it is a small thing called perspective :) If GGG was open to communication and cared about players QoL, your crown agrument of "black bars is just one decision, forget it already" would make sense. How many more "screw you" lazy moves will be enough for you to understand what is their net attitude towards players, including paying players?

I've never ever criticized other online projects, or even was so active on their forums as here. Other companies never given the reason for it, they clearly state their terms and target audience and stick to that, so you see immediately if you wish to join or not, and never regret your decision either way.

GGG keeps doing whatever they want whenever they want, and had shown they may take away from players without warning, more than once.

This is not directly an argument about black bars, technical things were said pages above already. But it is relevant to understanding why black bars are as they are now, among other things, and is relevant to what you guys started to say about "just your personal bias". Yep, it is, and pretty sure not just mine alone.
"
Echothesis wrote:
It is not about currency, it is a small thing called perspective :) If GGG was open to communication and cared about players QoL, your crown agrument of "black bars is just one decision, forget it already" would make sense. How many more "screw you" lazy moves will be enough for you to understand what is their net attitude towards players, including paying players?

I've never ever criticized other online projects, or even was so active on their forums as here. Other companies never given the reason for it, they clearly state their terms and target audience and stick to that, so you see immediately if you wish to join or not, and never regret your decision either way.

GGG keeps doing whatever they want whenever they want, and had shown they may take away from players without warning, more than once.

This is not directly an argument about black bars, technical things were said pages above already. But it is relevant to understanding why black bars are as they are now, among other things, and is relevant to what you guys started to say about "just your personal bias". Yep, it is, and pretty sure not just mine alone.

Ofc it is about perspective , inexperienced player is usually looking at what he have now and want instant gratification, the more experienced the players are, more they are aware of impact of changes on the game. GGG know even more. You say div/ex swap was bad because your pixels changed without considering bigger picture - fine, but that doesn’t make “it was bad” neither real or true argument.

You’re playing PoE every day, most players don’t care about forum, yet you’re engaged in PoE to a point that you comment here often. That is a perfect example of ggg making good calls. And in the end, we’re here and not in your game - as a game dev, think why their decisions are better if you soend so much time in their game and forum.

Changing topic from black bars to currency is perfect proof that there are no real arguments agains black bars.
Biggest compliments for my crafted items - "bs, they must have been RMT'ed"

I'm disabled, I have rare case of semperduravera, so I can write things that may look rude, but it is because of disability - I'm forced to tell truth using words you may not like.
Last edited by Nomancs on Jun 7, 2024, 6:19:37 AM
"
Echothesis wrote:

That post from page 1 had been tossed around a lot, including a few pages ago here, ofc I've seen it lol. And it doesn't have any more details you or I can guess. "Serialisation distances, a limit had to be set". OK.

Well...yea of course it has. Because it's the reason for the change. And yet folks continue to ignore it.

"
Echothesis wrote:
"Who are you to speak about such rocket science" is demagogic, you might as well repost it to every second thread on this forum. In fact I remember you too daring to have your own opinion about how GGG does things more than once :) As in, who are you to speak about "correct" way of balancing or whatever topics interested you most?

Refresh my memory on this other comment you are quoting? I genuinely don't remember to what you are referring. When you make such a statement as "They should have just done this, trust me I'm a programmer, I should know better than you/the devs"....I'm going to call you out. There's no need to do that in every single thread because people generally don't make comments like that.

"
Echothesis wrote:
This is a forum, not a GGG directors board and we all know feedback here is irrelevant for GGG. If you are confused on why am I doing this, its for sports, to hone my debating skills in extremely hostile environment where those who disagree constantly fall back to cheap tactics of latching to one phrase and try to invalidate everything else you say based on it, while being fully backed by moderators.

<error: On-topic arguments not found, terminating output>

I'm all for using the forums for that kind of repartee, but if you truly want to hone your debating skills you are going to need slightly more than "trust me bro and ignore the provided information" for your argument to hold any kind of weight. As for "latching onto one phraes": well....one phrase is all it takes to both ruin the entire argument and reveal true intentions and lack of groundwork.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Jun 7, 2024, 7:10:04 AM
"
Nomancs wrote:

Ofc it is about perspective , inexperienced player is usually looking at what he have now and want instant gratification, the more experienced the players are, more they are aware of impact of changes on the game. GGG know even more. You say div/ex swap was bad because your pixels changed without considering bigger picture - fine, but that doesn’t make “it was bad” neither real or true argument.

You’re playing PoE every day, most players don’t care about forum, yet you’re engaged in PoE to a point that you comment here often. That is a perfect example of ggg making good calls. And in the end, we’re here and not in your game - as a game dev, think why their decisions are better if you soend so much time in their game and forum.

Changing topic from black bars to currency is perfect proof that there are no real arguments agains black bars.

I don't play poe every day for a long time already. GGG's good calls had long lost me as their paying customer. Just have this forum opened in background out of habit to occasionally distract myself from work, among other tabs.

Div/Ex swap was "good" (ambivalent actually, hardly a breakthrough change) if we consider only temp-league economy. But it was bad in Standard, developers shouldn't break baseline unspoken contract like that. If player chooses Standard because doesn't have time/interest to grind anew every time, should be obvious he/she won't appreciate being robbed. Also hope you weren't serious about "hitting RMT", dumping most in-game currency is not how you combat them :)

Black bars bear same mark, and you yourself started this "changing topic" deviation by bringing my personal bias into focus. So far don't see why I have to like those bars when they achieve nothing constructive in gameplay or immersion, aside from GGG's personal bias.
Last edited by Echothesis on Jun 7, 2024, 7:09:47 AM
"
Echothesis wrote:
aspect ratio remains irrelevant compared to other games where "UW = unfair advantage" doctrine came from. It is not humanly possible to keep watching the mess, every poe player switches to blindfight mode eventually.

"
Echothesis wrote:
So far don't see why I have to like those bars when they achieve nothing constructive in gameplay or immersion, aside from GGG's personal bias.

Yeah, this will never go anywhere. One page it's irrelevant, the other it's GGGs bias.

So this is basically the thread, and it's really become childish.

"
Echothesis wrote:
Imagine wasting 10 grand on top of the line pc upgrades every year, yet Nvidia somehow broke capitalization record recently

Oh, i'm sure the Average Joe wastes 10 grand on "top of the line pc upgrades every year". And it's not like nvidia had a huge chunk of that market profit from things that weren't even remotely related to games, right?

Your arguments are getting weaker with every iteration.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Jun 7, 2024, 8:42:15 AM
"
Echothesis wrote:

UW was fine for 10+ years, then they woke up.

Funny enough 32:9 ain't even a decade old yet, but somehow it was fine for 10+ years before they even existed?

They did remove it cause it didn't worked without problems and caused more issues than anything.

But there's for sure a lot of yapping and false information spreading going on here not even only about the UW topic.

All the artificial uproar for mere nothing hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:

Yeah, this will never go anywhere. One page it's irrelevant, the other it's GGGs bias.

So this is basically the thread, and it's really become childish.

If you really need clarification, it was called irrelevant from players perspective, and biased from GGG's perspective, meaning they were more concerned about formality than about actually solving gameplay problems when implementing decisions like black bars.

"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:

Oh, i'm sure the Average Joe wastes 10 grand on "top of the line pc upgrades every year". And it's not like nvidia had a huge chunk of that market profit from things that weren't even remotely related to games, right?

If you really need clarification, it was a figure of speech. I can rephrase more dry: but people still buy themselves top of the line pc upgrades. What game would they choose, the one which can utilize hardware in full or one with archaic black bars?

"
AdRonZh3Ro wrote:

Your arguments are getting weaker with every iteration.

Ok. Especially since you didn't even address my arguments from any of the above iterations and instead latched into 1 imprecisely formulated sentence as if this is a court of law :)

If you need directions towards the topic, feel free to explain why black bars are a great addition to the game, and what problems they solve for players.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:

I'm all for using the forums for that kind of repartee, but if you truly want to hone your debating skills you are going to need slightly more than "trust me bro and ignore the provided information" for your argument to hold any kind of weight. As for "latching onto one phraes": well....one phrase is all it takes to both ruin the entire argument and reveal true intentions and lack of groundwork.

So let me get this straight: I made a statement and presented arguments why imo the statement is true. Other people do not bother with building their own arguments, they just lazily pick 1 word of mine that can be misinterpreted if motivated to, and then they say original statement is false.

Do you really think this alone makes you "right" when you don't even have a statement of your own? :)

If you try to actually build your own arguments on why black bars are magnificent, you'll discover that whatever you say can also be picked apart by such latching if responding guy focuses on that. It is the nature of linguistics. What matters is the intention of listening to others, and it makes a difference between an argument and a poe forum :)
"
Echothesis wrote:
If you need directions towards the topic, feel free to explain why black bars are a great addition to the game, and what problems they solve for players.

Alredy told you how to fix it and why they won't. If as an "(rather amateur) ARPG developer" you can't understand why they won't, all i can do is grab popcorn and watch you two hold your breath and make pouty faces at anyone that dares disagree with you.
Ruthless should be [Removed by Support].
Last edited by AdRonZh3Ro on Jun 7, 2024, 12:59:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info