widescreen resolution removed from the game.

Really baffles me the hate for ultrawide, why would you care? First world issues too the power of 10 I guess.

It makes as much sense as the people hating on AMD.
"
Vequis_uk wrote:
Really baffles me the hate for ultrawide, why would you care? First world issues too the power of 10 I guess.

It makes as much sense as the people hating on AMD.

No one is hating on the monitors.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
tackle70 wrote:

1 year, 277 days. Black bars are not acceptable or defensible.

Fix it

1 year, 277 days,
Fix your hardware
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 21, 2024, 5:41:53 AM
"
Ulsarek wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
The fact that zero people in here are even attempting to make cogent arguments for black bars speaks volumes.
"
Previously it was possible to manually set the aspect ratio of the Path of Exile client to be very short and wide, allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once. A limit needed to be set. Because of server serialisation distances, this maximum aspect ratio is currently set to 21:9. This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish. We are looking at being able to increase this in the future.

[Removed by Support]

Only thing GGG did was screw less tech-savvy players, it never helped towards supposed goal of "same view for everyone".
Last edited by Jenn_GGG on May 21, 2024, 5:54:48 AM
"
Echothesis wrote:
[Removed by Support]

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Stay classy if you even can, exile. :)

Aging like fine wine, unlike this thread.

If I had to take a bet I'd say PoE2 won't have widescreen support either.

Best to learn deal with it. :)
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"No one is hating on the monitors."

Next Post:

"1 year, 277 days,
Fix your hardware"

Why even post this? [Removed by Support] I don't get it honestly why post this? Its not helping or contrabuting its just attempting to create drama.

I honestly cannot comprehend it, its so illogical.

It'd be like joining in on a Mazda MX5 discussion just to hate on Mazda MX5s...
Last edited by Jenn_GGG on May 21, 2024, 6:25:26 AM
"
Echothesis wrote:
"
Ulsarek wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
The fact that zero people in here are even attempting to make cogent arguments for black bars speaks volumes.
"
Previously it was possible to manually set the aspect ratio of the Path of Exile client to be very short and wide, allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once. A limit needed to be set. Because of server serialisation distances, this maximum aspect ratio is currently set to 21:9. This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish. We are looking at being able to increase this in the future.

[Removed by Support]

Only thing GGG did was screw less tech-savvy players, it never helped towards supposed goal of "same view for everyone".
It caused GGG some headache. They fixed it by not supporting these problematic resolutions. This is nothing new, even more recent games like Elden Ring don't support widescreen.

I say that as a 21:9 owner. I knew it would be a coin toss buying a monitor like that for gaming. Some games support it, great. Others don't - no big deal. Anything not online can be modded though so there's that. GGG made a decision, informed us why they made it and now it is time for some players to deal with it.

Besides, 21:9 works flawlessly so by definition the title of this thread is misleading. PoE has widescreen support but within reason.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:
[Removed by Support]

"
ArtCrusade wrote:
Stay classy if you even can, exile. :)

Aging like fine wine, unlike this thread.

If I had to take a bet I'd say PoE2 won't have widescreen support either.

Best to learn deal with it. :)

Are you proud of being supported by censorship?:) I was explaining how those black bars never really achieve their declared function of fair play, in addition to being poor choice of limitation form (compared to fog of war or simple actor fade out at radius). Since details are "highly discouraged", won't repeat it.
"
Vequis_uk wrote:
I don't get it honestly why post this? Its not helping or contrabuting its just attempting to create drama.

That's nothing else but a proper advice to fix the problem.
The player is unhappy with the black bars and the problem ain't gonna fix itself if they are going to stick with their workspace monitor. They made the choice to buy a wrong product for the wrong use. Buying a proper gaming monitor is simply the solution to get rid of the problem. :)

it's pretty much the same story with all the upset players who made wrong choices with their entire rig or refuse to go with the time and get upset if they hit one or another game with higher system requirements to run properly without lags or crashes.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
Last edited by Pashid on May 21, 2024, 6:51:45 AM
"
Pashid wrote:

That's nothing else but a proper advice to fix the problem.
The player is unhappy with the black bars and the problem ain't gonna fix itself if they are going to stick with their workspace monitor. They made the choice to buy a wrong product for the wrong use. Buying a proper gaming monitor is simply the solution to get rid of the problem. :)

it's pretty much the same story with all the upset players who made wrong choices with their entire rig or refuse to go with the time and get upset if they hit one or another game with higher system requirements to run properly without lags or crashes.

The rest of your posts I agree with......but this is straight up wrong. Ultra-wide monitors were designed to BE gaming monitors, offering a more immersive gaming experience than less-wide monitors. It IS a proper gaming monitor and before this change, it WAS supported (more or less) by the game. One of the main uses was for an expanded workdesk, but that certainly wasn't the ONLY use for a widescreen monitor.

You are being deliberately combative, unhelpful, and untruthful right here.

All that was needed is: 2 years ago GGG decided they did not want to support the ultra-wide screen resolution. Deal with it! It's their game and they can do whatever the heck they want.
Last edited by mefistozxz on May 21, 2024, 7:02:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info