widescreen resolution removed from the game.

"
tackle70 wrote:

Black bars are not a logical solution to this problem.

The result of making wrong choices by picking the wrong gaming monitor hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
I attended a logic class, what I learned is that the logical solution is using normal gaming gear like everyone else. You‘re just asking for special treatment at this point
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
I attended a logic class, what I learned is that the logical solution is using normal gaming gear like everyone else. You‘re just asking for special treatment at this point

We should probably cap the game to 60fps and 1080p too. That's what normal people use according to the Steam hardware survey.

Some of y'all asking for special treatment like a PC game working on your hardware.... pfft... elitists
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

We should probably cap the game to 60fps and 1080p too. That's what normal people use according to the Steam hardware survey.

Some of y'all asking for special treatment like a PC game working on your hardware.... pfft... elitists

I'm so sorry they took away a little bit of the advantage of having an super ultra widescreen by making it so you can only play with an ultra widescreen resolution. That must be so hard for you. And having to see black bars on the sides. Oh you poor thing.
And imagine being troubled so much by black bars that you must ask everyone else to have worse an experience as well. Truly an ill will born from privilege, or it could not exist at all.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Imagine having no cogent arguments at all and getting your irrational logic destroyed, so you just go full ad hominem. Good job black bar crew.

1 year, 276 days. Black bars are not acceptable or defensible.

Fix it
"
tackle70 wrote:
Imagine having no cogent arguments at all and getting your irrational logic destroyed, so you just go full ad hominem. Good job black bar crew.

1 year, 276 days. Black bars are not acceptable or defensible.

Fix it
"
Previously it was possible to manually set the aspect ratio of the Path of Exile client to be very short and wide, allowing you to see an unintended amount of the level at once. A limit needed to be set. Because of server serialisation distances, this maximum aspect ratio is currently set to 21:9. This is the widest that we can currently go before we start hitting the cutoff where entities and effects vanish. We are looking at being able to increase this in the future.
Last edited by Ulsarek on May 20, 2024, 5:37:18 AM
Not sure if some of you have picked up on this yet or not, but the entire point of this thread is that GGGs response that you keep quoting ad nauseam is not acceptable, reasonable, or defensible.

They are objectively wrong on this one. Black bars need to go.
Last edited by tackle70 on May 20, 2024, 6:00:24 AM
1 year, 276 days, fix your own faulty hardware hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
tackle70 wrote:
Not sure if some of you have picked up on this yet or not, but the entire point of this thread is that GGGs response that you keep quoting ad nauseam is not acceptable, reasonable, or defensible.

They are objectively wrong on this one. Black bars need to go.
That is for GGG to decide. Not you. They made a decision, and given the fact it's soon two years it might be time for you to deal with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info