[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

The problem with Spellbreaker is the same problem that all spell suppression effects have. If you're not at 100%, you'll just prevent 50% of some of the hits and die to the rest. Since this build doesn't path into a lot of spell suppression to begin with, it's not worth the skill points to try and get more out of the ascendancy.

It's even worse if you're using the node that removes ES recharge in exchange for more leech.
Thanks to all of you for the detailed answers. Will definitely use Heartstopper.

Have a great day!
@WinterHiko -- How's it going with the lightning levelling? I'm really tired of freezing pulse...

I've switched to ice nova + freezing pulse when necessary. I finally realized my issue was that I did not want to have to target trash. Just wanted to blow them up as I frostblinked through.

LOL I noticed you have Ice Spear instead. I tried that, I must be using it incorrectly as it's like damaging the trash with a spoon.
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 9, 2022, 9:19:48 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
@WinterHiko -- How's it going with the lightning levelling? I'm really tired of freezing pulse...

I've switched to ice nova + freezing pulse when necessary. I finally realized my issue was that I did not want to have to target trash. Just wanted to blow them up as I frostblinked through.

LOL I noticed you have Ice Spear instead. I tried that, I must be using it incorrectly as it's like damaging the trash with a spoon.

URGH I played a bunch of incinerate. It wasn't great and I was so immobilized during boss fights that I wanted to bash my face against the wall. Lesson learned.

The I indeed switched to Ice spear + Frost Bomb. Ice spear was the highest level cold spell available at the time, so I thought I'd try it out.

Frost Bomb without links dealt more damage than Ice spear in a four-link. Its damage was nonexistent and I kept having to circle around packs dropping Frost Bombs left and right. Worst spell ever to level, would not recommend.

I FINALLY dropped a Chaos and bought a four sockets staff at +15% int just before Arakaali and I can start using Ice Storm now. My clearing speed quadrupled instantly.

So yeah, I feel pretty dumb haha. I should have gone arc or spark like I had in mind. I'm going to sleep now, but tomorrow will be a better day of farming.
FYI for anyone doing the league mechanic, cyclone sucks so far, not because of the damage versus the self-cast, but because of the amount of hits you'll take which causes you to lose your resolve. Found myself cycloning a mob when another mob 1 screen away cast some ranged AoE on me. Also have fun cycloning around in those rooms where the fire beam follows you around.

Probably best to swap to self cast especially on bosses when you're in the Sanctum for now.
Agreed. The boss staff is best for Sanctum anyway, as it easily does ranged attacks.
PSA: mana is an issue early so it's a good idea to head down to Dreamer ASAP at around level 25. I had to run with only clarity until I got it.
Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 10, 2022, 3:29:57 AM
well it seems that league mechanic just for glass-canons/boss killers builds xD
best tactic - oneshot everything to not lose resolve
"
archwerewolf wrote:

Haven't tried it yet, but that sounds like good news for this build. With the self-cast staff, we get a really nice bossing build. You can move between casts and still do damage for a few seconds. Plus, you can cast from a safe distance.
"
archwerewolf wrote:

How this sanctums work?? I found 1 entrance yesterday, got into it and killed all mobs and boss in 1st room. Then i was allowed to chose 2nd room. I did it. And suddenly a woman voice told me that i must stop my presence in this room and i got kicked from the location. What was happened? I cannot chose the rooms or what? I didn't understand nothing...

Last edited by Ghost285 on Dec 10, 2022, 11:07:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info