[3.25] Ice Dancing Queen - Icestorm/Cyclone/CI - Viable For Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
WinterHiko wrote:
Do not forget that we have a natural free 50% to avoid stun because we always have ES. With a 22% cluster and another gear modifier, we already avoid 75% of stuns altogether.

If you craft 25% stun avoidance on both gloves and helmet, then it's:
(1 - 0.5) * (1 - 0.25 - 0.25) = 0.25, i.e. you have 75% chance not to get stunned.

Aren't we saying the same thing? I mentionned 22% plus another gear modifier (so another 25%) would be 75% total (roughly).
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Harbingers should be super useful again. Spec into them and you'll have tons of annuls and the new fracture orbs. This will make crafting good gloves trivial. And some decent rings before you can afford synthesized ones.

I've been wondering this exact thing. Depending on the value of the fracture orbs, they could get really interesting. However, with no Divine shard, I'm afraid it may be more efficient to path elsewhere and simply buy the fracture orbs and annuls when we need it for high-end crafting.

I do think that fracture orbs are going to help a lot with high-end crafting, assuming they're affordable. Crafting body armour was a pain last league, but if we can guarantee one mod + another with an essence, it becomes a lot easier to complete the rest.
"
WinterHiko wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Harbingers should be super useful again. Spec into them and you'll have tons of annuls and the new fracture orbs. This will make crafting good gloves trivial. And some decent rings before you can afford synthesized ones.

I've been wondering this exact thing. Depending on the value of the fracture orbs, they could get really interesting. However, with no Divine shard, I'm afraid it may be more efficient to path elsewhere and simply buy the fracture orbs and annuls when we need it for high-end crafting.

I do think that fracture orbs are going to help a lot with high-end crafting, assuming they're affordable. Crafting body armour was a pain last league, but if we can guarantee one mod + another with an essence, it becomes a lot easier to complete the rest.

Only the gloves and rings (until synthesized). Fractured items cannot be hit with Crusader/Hunter orbs.
Dammit. This game is so complicated.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

<interesting comments>

Hey, welcome back for one more league!

Last edited by Graiaule on Dec 7, 2022, 8:07:16 PM
"
Graiaule wrote:
@WinterHiko: Well the best levelling spell only matters until you hit level 33 or so!

What I found that works best in practice (for me at least) is an AOE fire and forget spell paired with a high dps single target spell.

Frost bomb and freezing pulse is that for me. Since both are cold, I can take advantage of the +cold damage passives. (Note I drop the frost bomb AHEAD of me and move past it.)

It'll be interesting to see what you come up with.

I might start leveling with Incinerate. It looks very cool. If I like it a lot I might play it later in the league when I want a second character.

I might take a bit longer to get to maps but it's going to be a nice change of pace. Once I get the currency and levels to switch to the staff I will. Probably around level 40 or so?
Thanks for keeping this thread alive.

Is there a huge difference defensewise between Heartstopper and Spellbreaker? I love knowing the exact difference even if it's subtle.

"
Gracieux wrote:

Is there a huge difference defensewise between Heartstopper and Spellbreaker? I love knowing the exact difference even if it's subtle.

Heartstopper is one of the best* defensive ascendancy skills out there, while Spellbreaker is garbage* not worth taking.

*slight exaggeration may have taken place to give better idea of their differences.
"
Cjin wrote:
"
Gracieux wrote:

Heartstopper is one of the best* defensive ascendancy skills out there, while Spellbreaker is garbage* not worth taking.

*slight exaggeration may have taken place to give better idea of their differences.

Thank you!

Have a great day.
"
Gracieux wrote:

I've actually tried Spellbreaker. It turned out to be too unreliable. It wouldn't trigger and let me die way too often, even with some investment in spell suppression (at the cost of some damage too).

Heartstopper is fantastic. I fully expected it to get nerfed, but it looks like GGG just didn't have time for class balance this league. So enjoy it while it lasts. That's another reason to play the Trickster this league. For all you know, in 3.21 we'll be back to the basic Ascendant version.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 8, 2022, 12:01:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info